Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 12:57:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330166 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 405607 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5475 on: July 20, 2013, 06:02:07 PM »

Ys - Beat Bats McGee. NOW I'm up to Darm. Also I rescued Luta last night, forgot about that. I think I'm good to head into Darm -- can't think of any pending stuff I need to do outside of it.

Atelier Iris - Picked this up today since Play It didn't have any copies of Dark Cloud 2. Liking what I'm seeing (although WTF is the overworld map so damn ugly). Battles feel fast, visual similar to fucking ELEMENTAL GIMMICK GEAR, and the story doesn't seem to be nearly as UGUU~~ AM I KAWAII? as I heard the later games in the series got.

I sort of want to stick with this but I'm ADD halp.

Oh is Luigi's Mansion on the Cube worth 40 bucks?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 06:56:25 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5476 on: July 20, 2013, 07:50:30 PM »

Is it fun enough to spend $40 on? Sure.

Should you buy it for $40? No. There's no reason for it to be priced that high.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5477 on: July 20, 2013, 07:54:51 PM »

Atelier Iris - Picked this up today since Play It didn't have any copies of Dark Cloud 2. Liking what I'm seeing (although WTF is the overworld map so damn ugly). Battles feel fast, visual similar to fucking ELEMENTAL GIMMICK GEAR, and the story doesn't seem to be nearly as UGUU~~ AM I KAWAII? as I heard the later games in the series got.

I rmemeber loving the fuck out of it when it came out (and it holds a special place because it was the last game my parents offered to buy me).
Oh, FYI, before the last boss, change the dub, IIRC, there's a glitch associated with it that happens when the ending starts to roll on (I just can't remember the details).
I also found it humourous that the female portraits were drawn better than the male ones.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 08:00:34 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5478 on: July 20, 2013, 08:11:18 PM »

Oh, FYI, before the last boss, change the dub, IIRC, there's a glitch associated with it that happens when the ending starts to roll on (I just can't remember the details).

Do I want it in Japanese or in English?

Yeah I don't remember it being /rare/. I have no idea why the cost is so inflated.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5479 on: July 20, 2013, 08:17:52 PM »

Sorry bud, I really don't remember the deets. :(

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5480 on: July 20, 2013, 08:27:23 PM »

Most annoying console RPG glitch for me (other than the ones in FFVI), was when I got locked out of making figurines in Tales of Symphonia for no discernible reason.

Also, Xenosaga's battle system. Each character has three attacks, and one needs to be charged for but they all seem to have the same accuracy and damage..?

--- edit ---

Why do regular attacks in Xenosaga last as long as FFVII summons? Why is Ziggy doing no damage to this boss and KOSMOS is doing decent damage even though they have comparable stats and are using the same kind of attack? Why is it so hard to avoid regular bosses? Can I actually buy restorative items or heal anywhere?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 12:06:18 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5481 on: July 20, 2013, 08:47:35 PM »

Sorry bud, I really don't remember the deets. :(

Well, for what it's worth I played the whole game with Japanese voices and don't remember a glitch like that.  But then, it's entirely possible I just forgot about it...

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5482 on: July 20, 2013, 11:59:56 PM »

Yeah I don't remember it being /rare/. I have no idea why the cost is so inflated.

Retro gaming bubble. Everything older than the 360 is getting priced higher and higher as supply diminishes and nerds grow up, get jobs, and want to go back and play what they missed (also collectors and douche bags have already been bleeding the market for years on top of that).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #5483 on: July 21, 2013, 12:12:36 AM »

I took Kyuusei's advice and tried Silver battles on ME3 multiplayer. The extra rewards are really helping raise my characters, the money more than the experience. I am really unlucky with what I receive from those packages.

It's worth it isn't it, when you can manage higher difficulties and come away with more money and EXP? Plus it's always good for the ego. But yeah, the packs are a crapshoot. I lucked out in getting all the characters when friends and I decided to string together Platinum matches on a regular basis a few months back, which is a fast way to BUY ALL THE THINGS. I'm still unlocking weapons, however...

Me? SMTIV has been a very slow process. A busy week has meant less gaming since I finished MGRR's hard mode and unlocked the 'infinite blade/ripper mode' wig (which feels like a total cheat when paired with a Fox Blade BUT I'M NOT COMPLAINING).

NANOMACHINES, SON.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5484 on: July 21, 2013, 02:43:24 AM »

Just beat Rune Factory 3.  I was surprised I enjoyed it as much as I did.  I had been avoiding all thing Harvest Moon related after playing HM: A Wonderful Life on the GC.   That game is definitely not for people with zero patience.  The farming mechanics weren't that bad in RF3.  You can actually water huge plots of land vs one at a time like the HM game I played.  I feel like checking out the other HM games to see if the series has gotten better or if I have developed some semblance of patience.  Considering I just burned my mouth on hot food, I hope it's the former. 

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5485 on: July 22, 2013, 12:04:14 AM »

Asura's Wrath is pretty good fun.

I actually dig the story... It's pretty coherent compared to the junk that was... El Shaddai. (I know they're totally different but those are two of the more "Japanese" games I've played recently)
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5486 on: July 22, 2013, 12:09:05 AM »

I beat Asura's wrath 2 weeks ago and had a fun time playing/watching it.  The only thing I didn't like was that to get the true ending you have to buy dlc.  Luckily YouTube exists for stuff like that.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5487 on: July 22, 2013, 01:29:52 AM »

I really like Atelier Iris but it seriously has some of the worst kerning I've ever seen in a game.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5488 on: July 22, 2013, 01:57:29 AM »

I played a few old Genesis games today but mostly it was Shining Force 2. Its still as fun as I remember.  Later on I spent a few hours with Van Helsing. I'm super impressed with this game. I probably never would have heard of it if it wasn't for the Steam sale.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5489 on: July 22, 2013, 06:18:22 AM »

Finished Mugen Souls. It was alright. I really can't think of anything to say beyond that. Some of the jokes didn't fall flat. Had too many characters for any of them to really be worth talking about (although Soul was hilarious).

Started Dynasty Warriors 8. Haven't really gotten too far in yet.
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: