Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 06:10:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338004 Posts in 13838 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 442205 times)
Wild Armor
Observer
Contributing Editor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5535 on: July 27, 2013, 11:43:09 PM »

Chapter 7 in Resonance of Fate.

I'm rolling in rubies--someone stop me...

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5536 on: July 27, 2013, 11:46:59 PM »

Chapter 7 in Resonance of Fate.

I'm rolling in rubies--someone stop me...

Weirdest game ever.

On a weird side note: Having Vash inspect Leanne's closet.... I love the "whoops" soundbite.
And speaking on Leanne, god I love her model.

Final Fantasy SIX.
This game intimidates me after the WoB.  I'm scared with how to build characters after reading through gamefaqs.... I don't know how to play this game anymore, these people are experts and I'm terrible.

Also, big...BIG... BIG NEWS.  EARTH SHATTERING, GARGANTUAN, CATASTROPHIC, OUTSTANDING AMAZING NEWS.

PICROSS IS ON THE 3DS.  WHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeahbitch
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 11:50:33 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5537 on: July 28, 2013, 01:09:23 AM »

This game intimidates me after the WoB.  I'm scared with how to build characters after reading through gamefaqs.... I don't know how to play this game anymore, these people are experts and I'm terrible.

It really doesn't matter, Dice.  The game is easy.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5538 on: July 28, 2013, 01:19:40 AM »

It really doesn't matter, Dice.  The game is easy.

...you're right.  I know you're right.  The hell was wrong with me...thanks Kev!

....I wonder if the bonus dungeon guys will be different though. I just don't wanna miss any cool shit.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: July 28, 2013, 01:35:30 AM »

FFVI isn't so bad. You can make everyone learn all the magic if you really want! ...it just takes time. You might have to search for a couple Espers though, I can't remember if any of them were all that hard to find.

Or you can just pick a handful of favourite characters and just work on them. I didn't much use Strago/Relm/Umaru, for example. Some of the bonus dungeons have their moments, but nothing in that game is impossible.

I think.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
PrismFlux
RPGFan Editor

Destroy the Facade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5540 on: July 28, 2013, 01:45:14 AM »

Or you can just pick a handful of favourite characters and just work on them. I didn't much use Strago/Relm/Umaru, for example. Some of the bonus dungeons have their moments, but nothing in that game is impossible.
But don't only focus on one party too much! There are certain parts in the game that require you to use more than just one party of characters and it can be pretty challenging if you don't level up a couple other characters as well.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #5541 on: July 28, 2013, 03:02:46 AM »

I don't mean that you should use just one party. I think out of the 14(?) characters, I actually used 8-10 regularly (with a mix of magic/physical/oh-this-person-can-heal at any given time).

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5542 on: July 28, 2013, 11:17:53 AM »

I'll echo pretty much everyone else's thoughts here.  You can easily beat FF VI without doing any specific Esper leveling.  Just play it how you want to play it. 

ethangach

greenlemonade001
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #5543 on: July 28, 2013, 11:29:41 AM »

So many of the characters unique abilities are strong enough that they are rarely ever dependent on the spells they have.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5544 on: July 28, 2013, 05:01:54 PM »

FFVI. Vanish/X-Zone....done:P

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5545 on: July 28, 2013, 05:23:01 PM »

Only for the SNES/PSX version.  They fixed that (and the magic block glitch, and the sketch glitch, and psycho Cyan, and Windgod Gau) for the GBA version.  Not sure which one Dice is playing. 

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5546 on: July 28, 2013, 06:42:09 PM »

I was not aware of that. Good thing I suppose.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5547 on: July 28, 2013, 07:58:53 PM »

Only for the SNES/PSX version.  They fixed that (and the magic block glitch, and the sketch glitch, and psycho Cyan, and Windgod Gau) for the GBA version.  Not sure which one Dice is playing. 

If they're talking about bonus dungeons, then it's most likely the GBA version. In which case you have even less to worry about in terms of screwage. Just remember to take the Ragnarok Esper instead of the Sword since you can steal more from Kefka.

If you're gunning for the Bonus Dungeons though, you might want to spend some time in the Colosseum farming for top tier equipment like Snow Mufflers for Mog and Gau, and either Genji, Force, or elemental equipment for those who are interested (though you will need to make use of Locke's steal to get the materials needed to get some of those items). As for Esper bonuses, Mag Pow. is still king, wait until either the endgame or level 50+ to start dicking around with the +50% HP (and even then you'll want to wait as close to level 50 as possible since HP gains per level are fixed and can only be modified by the respective Esper bonuses), and don't bother with the others as none of the good attacks/skills run off of attack (unless you're Gau or Cyan), Speed does almost nothing due to the way ATB gains per tick are calculated (if you gotta' go fast, use Haste), and I have no fucking clue as to what Stamina affects or how much it affects it (I think it affects how much health you lose through the Seizure status effect and in that case you want the stat to be lower). As for spell distribution, have at least three different people learn Life 3/Reraise, Ultima, Haste 2/Hastega, and the level 3 elemental trifecta, have at least 6 people (though preferably more) know Cure 3/Curaga, Life 2/Raiseaga, and Reflect, and have EVERYBODY learn Rasp and Osmose (believe me, you'll thank me for this one). Also consult a guide/map as the Bonus Dungeon is a squirrely piece of shit that demands that you follow a very precise order of events otherwise you will get stuck and need to back track through about 3 quarters of it (and its stupidly long and chock full of HP sacks).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5548 on: July 28, 2013, 11:12:26 PM »

If they're talking about bonus dungeons, then it's most likely the GBA version. In which case you have even less to worry about in terms of screwage. Just remember to take the Ragnarok Esper instead of the Sword since you can steal more from Kefka.

If you're gunning for the Bonus Dungeons though, you might want to spend some time in the Colosseum farming for top tier equipment like Snow Mufflers for Mog and Gau, and either Genji, Force, or elemental equipment for those who are interested (though you will need to make use of Locke's steal to get the materials needed to get some of those items). As for Esper bonuses, Mag Pow. is still king, wait until either the endgame or level 50+ to start dicking around with the +50% HP (and even then you'll want to wait as close to level 50 as possible since HP gains per level are fixed and can only be modified by the respective Esper bonuses), and don't bother with the others as none of the good attacks/skills run off of attack (unless you're Gau or Cyan), Speed does almost nothing due to the way ATB gains per tick are calculated (if you gotta' go fast, use Haste), and I have no fucking clue as to what Stamina affects or how much it affects it (I think it affects how much health you lose through the Seizure status effect and in that case you want the stat to be lower). As for spell distribution, have at least three different people learn Life 3/Reraise, Ultima, Haste 2/Hastega, and the level 3 elemental trifecta, have at least 6 people (though preferably more) know Cure 3/Curaga, Life 2/Raiseaga, and Reflect, and have EVERYBODY learn Rasp and Osmose (believe me, you'll thank me for this one). Also consult a guide/map as the Bonus Dungeon is a squirrely piece of shit that demands that you follow a very precise order of events otherwise you will get stuck and need to back track through about 3 quarters of it (and its stupidly long and chock full of HP sacks).

This is an awesome sum up, thanks Aeo!!
And yeah, no idea what stamina is about, and I'll avoid speed boosts.  Not many espers really give magic boosts, but I'll definitely focus on that. 

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5549 on: July 28, 2013, 11:32:04 PM »

Played LoL pretty much all weekend with a little bit of Animal Crossing sprinkled in.  I have off tomorrow I suppose I should get back to SMT4 asap because I have the tendency to drop games if I leave them for too long.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: