Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 08:56:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335251 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 435534 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5565 on: August 01, 2013, 01:21:01 PM »

My missions always start stealth, and end up a blood bath.

I made sure to kill everything in every scuffle except the last one.
I'm pretty sure they expect you to go stealth on the last 'battle'. It's just way too deadly if you get spotted.

Oddly enough, I ran straight through the side rooms on the second floor out of frustrationand by the time I reached the end of the hall, everyone seemed to magically disappear.
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5566 on: August 01, 2013, 04:48:46 PM »

Just finished Atelier Ayesha. What a lovely and charming game that proved to be.

I am going to express what I feel compelled to here rather than reviving the dead thread over in single player... I already brought it back from the grave once.

Really all I have to say is KEITHGRIFF KICKS ASS (he really stole the show for me in a manner of speaking)!! Actually I felt he, Willbell and Marion were all quite memorable for me.

Totally adored this game. What a nice change of pace after playing persona 2 IS and EP back to back. I wish the turn based system in Ayesha were used in more epic adventure with some serious tone to it.

With that done, I think I'm gonna tie up my final loose ends in P4 Arena for my last current gen endeavor before Dragons Crown and Xilia next week.

But soon its the weekend... and that means retro gaming for Klyde!! Looking forward to getting back to Secret of Mana! It was reeeeeal hard to put it down last weekend-LoL

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5567 on: August 03, 2013, 03:26:16 AM »

Bought suikoden tierkreis because I miss Suikoden.  While I do enjoy the game, I still miss Suikoden.  I am auto battling all the regular encounters which there are a lot of since the encounter rate seems high.

I've also been watching lets plays of rpg maker horror games.  Quite frankly I think I might be addicted to them.  I've never heard of most of the games and don't have a clue of how to acquire them so it is nice to be able to experience them.  Actually the real reason I watch rather than play is because I am a big chicken.   I want to play ZombiU but I am too afraid.   I would totally die if a zombie apocalypse should happen. 

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5568 on: August 03, 2013, 04:38:39 AM »

Beat chapter 26 in PXZ. Got Saya and Juri and more importantly, the last of the characters. And with people picking up their fifth and final attacks, its time to set it and forget it in terms of unit pairings.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5569 on: August 03, 2013, 05:20:21 AM »

Finished Fire Emblem: Awakening. Really liked the game and will be replaying it on Lunatic soon. I was wondering though, is hard mode actually Normal Mode for this? The only reason I ask is that the easiest difficulty is Normal and there is a difficulty after Hard. Normal also has the description, For Series Beginners. Still, even if Hard Mode was actually normal mode I still found it a nice challenge.

I am not finished with my old file yet though. I still have to do the bonus quests that become available the same time the final battle does. Also, Chrom is the only one married so far so I need to pair off everyone. Would have done it sooner but I wanted to see all the S convos before marrying anyone off.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5570 on: August 03, 2013, 06:39:47 AM »

Currently playing Dynasty Warriors 8. Just have the Jin Hypothetical storyline left and then I will have beaten Musou mode. And then it is on to the endless grind of acquiring all weapons, beating all stages on chaos mode, and whatever other grindy thing are left!
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5571 on: August 03, 2013, 08:07:34 AM »

Finished Fire Emblem: Awakening. Really liked the game and will be replaying it on Lunatic soon. I was wondering though, is hard mode actually Normal Mode for this? The only reason I ask is that the easiest difficulty is Normal and there is a difficulty after Hard. Normal also has the description, For Series Beginners. Still, even if Hard Mode was actually normal mode I still found it a nice challenge.

I am not finished with my old file yet though. I still have to do the bonus quests that become available the same time the final battle does. Also, Chrom is the only one married so far so I need to pair off everyone. Would have done it sooner but I wanted to see all the S convos before marrying anyone off.

In all honesty it might as well be given that it puts up a better fight compared to all the ways the player gets to powergame the game. Normal Mode makes it super easy to grind in and the enemies are stuck with standard FE faire plus the Spotpass units are actually viable since you can grind past their lack of supports. Hard Mode makes it more expensive to use Reeking Boxes, increases the Internal Level Cap, grants enemies a universal stat boost, Forges, and eventually Skills and Super Forges, and the Asshat Reinforcements get to act on the turn they spawn on. Lunatic autolevels skirmish fights based upon story advancement, further increases the Internal Level Cap, grants enemies an even bigger stat boost, earlier Forges, Super Forges, and Skills, Spotpass fights reduce the amount of Exp gained during them to 1 per non-healing action, and bosses and enemies will eventually start sporting enemy only Super Skills like Hit+10, Pavise+, Aegis+, Luna+, Vantage+, Hawkeye, Dragonskin, and Rightful God.

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5572 on: August 04, 2013, 12:11:35 AM »

I've also been watching lets plays of rpg maker horror games.  Quite frankly I think I might be addicted to them.  I've never heard of most of the games and don't have a clue of how to acquire them so it is nice to be able to experience them.

I literally watch RPG Maker Horror games as soon as they are translated and played on youtube. One youtuber that I watch, regardless of commentary, is Manly Badass Hero. If you ever did want to play the games, VGperson is the one who translates some of the popular ones like "Ib" or "The Witch's House."

In gaming news: In the process of finding my charger to my PSP so I can play Star Ocean 2 again. I remember actually changing all my characters names...one that sticks out is calling Rena "Cheeks" because of her round face. Seriously, what the heck did they do to her in the 2nd Evolution? I mean, LOOK AT IT! Chubby Cheeks! And for some reason I called Celine "Hats"

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5573 on: August 04, 2013, 02:41:27 AM »

Thanks for the links wild armor.  Funny enough Manly's videos have been the ones I have been watching.  He does the right amount of talking.  Too much talking ruins it for me.   I really don't need to hear someone narrate every insignificant action they do.  If you have other recommendations please let me know. 

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5574 on: August 04, 2013, 07:22:21 AM »

Dark Souls - While I like the game, it's missing something the Monster Hunter series has. Outside the bosses, most enemies are boring/repetitive to fight whereas in MH they differ in size, behave a bit randomly, you might be paralyzed by a vespoid and get trashed... A battle will never be the same, even if you are prepared.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5575 on: August 04, 2013, 12:11:07 PM »

Thanks for the links wild armor.  Funny enough Manly's videos have been the ones I have been watching.  He does the right amount of talking.  Too much talking ruins it for me.   I really don't need to hear someone narrate every insignificant action they do.  If you have other recommendations please let me know. 

If I pass by anything I'll let you know. If you're looking something on the comedic side of things with regular pc/flash horror games, I recommend Retsupurae (I'm a fan of their Dark Seed videos). They have a bunch of "horror" flash/pc games they do that I generally enjoy watching. And I put quotes around horror, because the "scariest" thing about most of them is the  occasional pop-up .jpeg image of some creepy picture with loud noises.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5576 on: August 04, 2013, 02:00:46 PM »

In all honesty it might as well be given that it puts up a better fight compared to all the ways the player gets to powergame the game. Normal Mode makes it super easy to grind in and the enemies are stuck with standard FE faire plus the Spotpass units are actually viable since you can grind past their lack of supports. Hard Mode makes it more expensive to use Reeking Boxes, increases the Internal Level Cap, grants enemies a universal stat boost, Forges, and eventually Skills and Super Forges, and the Asshat Reinforcements get to act on the turn they spawn on. Lunatic autolevels skirmish fights based upon story advancement, further increases the Internal Level Cap, grants enemies an even bigger stat boost, earlier Forges, Super Forges, and Skills, Spotpass fights reduce the amount of Exp gained during them to 1 per non-healing action, and bosses and enemies will eventually start sporting enemy only Super Skills like Hit+10, Pavise+, Aegis+, Luna+, Vantage+, Hawkeye, Dragonskin, and Rightful God.

Thanks for that. Looks like the only thing I will be getting from Spotpass fights will be support points then. I don't have any DLC and with the change to Risen skirmishes, it seems grinding is out. Should be a challange. I am only at chaper 2 so far so everything is still locked. Abusing Frederick like there is no tomorrow.

I downloaded the demo of Final Fantasy Theatrhythm. It was completely adorable but I have confirmed what I have long suspected. No matter how much I love rhythm games, I totally suck at them.

Starting out on Animal Crossing: New Leaf and having a lot of fun.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5577 on: August 04, 2013, 02:33:41 PM »

Thanks for that. Looks like the only thing I will be getting from Spotpass fights will be support points then. I don't have any DLC and with the change to Risen skirmishes, it seems grinding is out. Should be a challange. I am only at chaper 2 so far so everything is still locked. Abusing Frederick like there is no tomorrow.

I downloaded the demo of Final Fantasy Theatrhythm. It was completely adorable but I have confirmed what I have long suspected. No matter how much I love rhythm games, I totally suck at them.

Starting out on Animal Crossing: New Leaf and having a lot of fun.

One of the more interesting things with my current Lunatic Mode run (which I hope to get back to once I'm done screwing around with PXZ as by god the chapters are turning into 3-4 hour long slogs a piece) is that due to how overpowered Chrom is I tend to just send him in with a partner and his Falchion and maybe a cheap Javelin and have him wreck the Spotpass team into submission so that I can recruit the character relatively painlessly. Also they still have Event Tiles which I should probably sell off the more situationally useful items like Aversa's Night (although I am getting to the point where I can start recruiting some of the villain Sorcerers) instead of leaning so heavily on the DLC for funds (although there really isn't a better way to deal with a lack of supports and a slowly rotating roster outside of stat boosting potions and those add up quick for a roster of 15; plus normally you'd subsist on the various Bullion located in the main stages, naturally occurring skirmishes, and eventually the children and their disposition to reclassing into Barbarian for Despoil and my run doesn't really include any of that).

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5578 on: August 04, 2013, 03:20:51 PM »

Dragon's Crown:  The controls kinda ticked me off at first, and playing alone just isn't the same, but I'm loving it more and more I go through

Tales of Xillia: The battle system is fun,but I loved how cohesive and elaborate Graces was.  Nevertheless, I think it's safe to say this game does almost everything else better.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5579 on: August 04, 2013, 04:19:35 PM »

Tales of Xillia: The battle system is fun,but I loved how cohesive and elaborate Graces was.  Nevertheless, I think it's safe to say this game does almost everything else better.

Did you import or is your store breaking release date again?
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: