Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 02:28:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331972 Posts in 13597 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 415087 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5670 on: August 12, 2013, 10:01:54 PM »

VP2: Finished Chapter 3. Fucking finally! It only took nigh onto 7 years to do so. Also the weapons I got from my departing party members are fucking sweet.

Who are you bringing to the fight and at what level?

Additionally, have you tried equipping some Terrain Defense gems on your allies?

Shulk, Reyn and ADMIN EDIT: Seventh.

Level 78

I've got Poison on their weapons as well as Topple and Daze Defense and it doesn't seem to make a bit of difference. ]

I see what you're doing wrong here.

First off, get rid of Shulk or Seven. Seven is a powerhouse but lacks in durability even when specced in speed and Shulk's piddly little Light Heal ain't gonna cut it for her. I'd recommend benching Shulk for now and going with either Dunban, Melia, or Sharla (in your case, probably the latter of the three).

Second, ditch the Poison gems. Unless your name is either Riki or Melia, you have pretty much no business with Poison. Bleed is a much better status effect to invest in as you have more people capable of inflicting it. Moreover, it might behoove you to invest in an Agility Down or two and a Strength Down or Ether Down gem, you'll take less damage from the resulting attacks (and I recall this boss being pretty Ether heavy) and more importantly you'll take less damage and deal more with an Agility Down proc (seriously, with a loadout like that, I took a party of Reyn, Dunban, and Riki through the majority of the postgame content). Also, if you don't have them already, get as much Agility on your guys as possible. +50 is the highest you can go via gems and it should be easily doable at this point of the game with two gems apiece (even if you have to go to less impressive armor for their embedded Agility V gems).

And finally, if you're having trouble keeping the fight in the center of the arena, then you might want to consider playing as Reyn for the fight so as to keep the aggro and thus the fight away from those corners. There's another gem called Good Footing that you might want to consider looking into as well as Aura Heal and Debuff Resist gems to avoid taking Topple and Daze.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 03:03:44 AM by Eusis » Logged

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5671 on: August 12, 2013, 10:18:50 PM »

I'll try it out tonight, thanks for the help.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5672 on: August 13, 2013, 03:04:46 AM »

Man, I edit out a Xenoblade spoiler and twenty minutes later a quoted post keeps it? Well whatever, fixed, but don't forget the game IS kind of rare and going for an absurd price so it's not like everyone got to play it or will get to play it easily.
natros
Misanthropic Humanist

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5673 on: August 13, 2013, 10:48:45 AM »

Man, I edit out a Xenoblade spoiler and twenty minutes later a quoted post keeps it? Well whatever, fixed, but don't forget the game IS kind of rare and going for an absurd price so it's not like everyone got to play it or will get to play it easily.

I pre-ordered my copy, and still have yet to play it (I keep pushing it onto the back burner). So, some of us do appreciate the effort!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5674 on: August 13, 2013, 11:02:27 AM »

Picross E2:  Solves some shit.  A fucken cockpit, a duck (that one was tough!), an African Daisy, a computer Mouse.  Shit was epic, and made my brain work. 10/10, will keep playing.

Tales of Xillia:  It's fun, but I'm joining along with the import impressions and feeling incredibly ambivalent with it amongst the rest of the Tales series.

Alice - Madness Returns: Damn this game's graphics are creepy, whimsical, yet exceptionally stylish.  The gameplay could be smoother and more interesting, but the experience is unique enough to keep me interested.  I *love* the alternate costumes; obviously the design team had a field day and created things that perfectly blend creativity, the source material, and a lot of weird.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #5675 on: August 13, 2013, 12:52:17 PM »

MGRR: Remember when most of us couldn't parry in the demo? Monsoon's been a nice crash course in parrying and I HAD to do it endlessly on revengeance mode to not die. Now it's the easiest thing to do.

This mode is funny. As long as you do everything right, and fast, it's super easy, but make one mistake and all your nanopaste is gone and you're dead in seconds. I have S ranked several battles, C ranked several others, and everything in between. The masochist in me wants to fight Monsoon again...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 05:36:17 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5676 on: August 13, 2013, 02:41:53 PM »

Sorry about that. I'm usually the one that has to avoid spoilers. I assumed everyone on here had played it, which was dumb of me. I'll use spoiler tags next time.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5677 on: August 13, 2013, 03:15:23 PM »

To be fair, I've only played up until the refugee camp and I found that "spoiler" to be kind of an obvious twist that was pretty much expected.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5678 on: August 13, 2013, 04:51:30 PM »

Having a bit of trouble against the final boss in Tales of the Abyss. I can beat the first form although it does take a decent chunk of my supplies. The second form tends to make me use the remainder of my life bottles resulting in death. My party is Luke, Anise (Bloody Howling spam), Tear (Damaging Artes only) and Natalia (Healer). Party levels are 57-61.

I had given the game a break after grinding some Grade Points and feel out of practice. I am playing on Hard but I get the feeling it is more my lack of skill than anything else. It is not like the early game boss at Choral Castle which only took 1 damage per hit(not talking about the Sword Dancer boss)

Thinking of making Anise use miracle hammer instead. I seem to remember Natalia's Revive has an awesome FOF skill that is earth based.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 04:56:41 PM by Darilon » Logged

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5679 on: August 13, 2013, 04:51:42 PM »

Thanks Aeolous,

*Still* took me three tries to do it, but I managed to win.

Was controlling Reyn and the boss kept charging me and pushing me into the bloody poison.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5680 on: August 13, 2013, 07:39:08 PM »

Thanks Aeolous,

*Still* took me three tries to do it, but I managed to win.

Was controlling Reyn and the boss kept charging me and pushing me into the bloody poison.

Cool beans man.

Anyways, I must admit there really is no efficient way of dealing with PXZ's endgame bullshit. MAP attacks are way too expensive to be useful, enemies have like 26k in HP on average (bosses have like 90-100k in HP, mid-bosses have like 60k+, and a number of enemies have 40k+), almost everybody has a guard to break through, the mass Def+15% skill still sucks (although I did get a good use out of it last stage by casting it on my last active unit for the turn on the turn that a bunch of reinforcements spawned), and of course the game giving you seven or six units divided across a map consisting of mostly narrow walkways isn't helping shit. You pretty much need two full attacks to bring a grunt down, maybe one if the enemy was successfully countered (and enemies love to proc Down and/or Stun to shut down any chance to speed things up) or you activated an Attack +15% skill and either land a bunch of crits or proc an additional support or solo attack skill.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5681 on: August 14, 2013, 12:12:39 AM »

Viiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii = awesome

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5682 on: August 14, 2013, 12:50:44 AM »

Rogue Galaxy - Apparently the game actually has save points and I never realized you could save at teleporters. Er...

Earthbound - Beat Moonside.

Morrowind - WHY CAN'T I QUIT YOU.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5683 on: August 14, 2013, 01:12:43 AM »

Played a bit of Donkey Kong Country Returns tonight.

It's fun, but I find the 3D hard on my eyes at times. It's true you really have to hold the 3DS a particular way for the 3D to work.

Tried the Project X Zone demo as well, I can see it being fun, but repetitive.

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5684 on: August 14, 2013, 02:51:15 AM »

Picross e2 is out?  I love picross.   I've been a fan since the ds games.  I only recently discovered picross e1 was available digitally and am currently playing it.  Normally I don't like the eshop (no account system), but picross is worth it.  It is super relaxing to play before going to bed. 

The other game I've been playing in bed is resident evil revelations.  It is not relaxing at all, but that's the point.  I really enjoy what I have played so far.  I like it better than 5, the last one I played.  I heard so many negative things about 6, I skipped it. 

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: