Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 12:10:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334849 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 430194 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5850 on: September 05, 2013, 03:47:54 AM »

^ What's that from?

Beat the boss I was trying to beat in Soul Hackers (Thanks FadedSun!) and now I'm
Code:
in the underground dungeon hopping around the transport pads

It's not nearly as frustrating as some other dungeons Atlus has done that have the same kind of mechanics.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5851 on: September 05, 2013, 04:29:10 AM »

Tekken Tag Tournament 2:

Getting into Online Battles lately and I'll try to learn some moves with Lars in the process. He has one of the smoothest style of fighting I've seen before in Tekken.

Also totally unrelated, someone put me in their ignore list. The fact that I annoyed someone that most likely I'll never know in person feels strange.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5852 on: September 05, 2013, 07:20:31 AM »

I was thinking about doing that in my latest CC run. I usually take Glenn, because, well, it's Glenn.

Same. My sis wanted to see me play Chrono Cross, and I already went down the Glenn path, so I decided to show her what happens in the game world if you choose to save Kid. While I do like my Glenn and Macha, I'm digging Razzly with her Magic and strong hits (Was doing over 40 for each dwarf, which is pretty darn good when doing a regular run of the game!).

I love getting Glenn because it involves being an asshole to Kidd (and her stupid f***ing name).  Let her go alone, let her get sicker, etc.

Got the following today while bargain hunting (and my PS3 controller started to malfunction at a good time)

Hot damn that's a VP book of some kind. Artbook? Or is it some kind of Japanese guide book.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5853 on: September 05, 2013, 10:35:12 AM »

The controller came with a SE of Tales of Xillia 2 I found for $80 (so I paid basically an extra $25 for a controller).  I can vouch and say I like the feel of ToX2 more than 1; it definitely feels more "complete" and has more polish.

That is a VP artbook, but it also came with a "settings" book that explain character and plot and world elements.  Usually I find that for $100, but someone on Amazon had it for only $40.  Pretty damn good for an OOP book. :O

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #5854 on: September 05, 2013, 11:42:46 AM »

Think I've collected all my homies in Saints 4. Did as many activities as I could, and everyone's side missions so far.

The best was Pierce and Boss' singalong during his loyalty mission. Now it's time for the final missions! Oh wait, I think I see a data cluster.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5855 on: September 05, 2013, 12:21:23 PM »

Working on creating a game-through challenge for Chono Cross. Might be a little be fun....

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
SonicDeathMonkey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5856 on: September 05, 2013, 01:35:20 PM »

The only videogame I've been playing for the last few months is Blitz, save for a few random FFIX binges that have slowly gotten me to disc 4.
Seriously though, Blitz fucking rules.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #5857 on: September 05, 2013, 02:13:59 PM »

Been replaying Metroid Prime 3 after a long hiatus from gaming (longest in 10 years). Seriously, it's time for another Metroid, it's exactly the right time! I don't know why I'm having to replay a game, I should be playing a NEW one right now!

assholes

Anyway, I'm actually enjoying MP3 even better the second time around, almost as good as MP1. Then I'm playing bits of Trails in the Sky here and there (especially on tour, which my band is doing a lot of these days), someday I'll finished Bioshock: Infinite, loved that game but for some reason, I put it down.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5858 on: September 05, 2013, 02:33:45 PM »

Tales of Xill 2

= Better than 1 (already)
= Hair and clothes aren't pixelated anymore!  Graphical improvements!
= Holyfucking Lulu sounds like a creepy baby and definitely not like a cat.  Also, can Japan just put a cat on their flag already?
= Less obnoxious battle/victory theme!
= Ludger is a battle P-I-M-P
= Weird, in the span of one year, Triglyph has become an actual city....y'know, bigger than 2 maps and a copy/paste seaport! :D
= I hate silent protagonists,mainly because games ARE so cinematic/interactive these days; but I think the approach with Ludger was admirable since he gives sort of "uh-huh"'s and "hmphs".  Weird, but it works; and the constant "choice wheels" work well too.
=OMG TALES GAME SHOWING BLOOD?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!? dun dun duuuun

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5859 on: September 05, 2013, 08:56:20 PM »

Closest I've gotten to a "Perfect" in Hatsune Miku was my first time doing Ashes to Ashes on Normal; got a 97.9.  I also cleared on Hard with an 84.9 after two tries; my first try was a 79.5.  I tried it on Extreme but dropped out with a mere 12.8. 

But so far, "What? Ah Yes" and "Time Machine" are my two favorites.  I really want to unlock "World's End Dance Hall" since I really liked that song in the demo.  

What I really want is the OST to this game so I can listen to these songs in my car during my morning commute.  
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 09:08:50 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5860 on: September 05, 2013, 09:03:09 PM »

Yes, I know, a tad late to the show, but anyhow played Tales of Vesperia for @3 hrs today. I freaking loved Abyss so it should be no surprise I am LOVING this! Also picked up Forza 3 for pennies, nice little racing game.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 09:26:00 PM by Bytor » Logged

Everything's Eventual
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5861 on: September 05, 2013, 09:20:15 PM »

Closest I've gotten to a "Perfect" in Hatsune Miku was my first time doing Ashes to Ashes on Normal; got a 97.9.  I also cleared on Hard with an 84.9 after two tries; my first try was a 79.5.  I tried it on Extreme but dropped out with a mere 12.8. 

But so far, "What? Ah Yes" and "Time Machine" are my two favorites.  I really want to unlock "World's End Dance Hall" since I really liked that song in the demo.  

What I really want is the OST to this game so I can listen to these songs in my car during my morning commute.  

I really hate the idea of synth vocals, but I've loved the opportunity its presented to new "underground" artists.

...I'm also more of a Gumi fan. :P

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5862 on: September 05, 2013, 09:26:18 PM »

Given the level of ego some lead vocalists have, sometimes a "singer in a box" is what you want.  That's actually why a lot of really good musicians decide to stop being in bands; too many big egos, drama, and other assorted b.s.  

Oh, and I just unlocked World's End Dance Hall.  Yay! EDIT: I passed it on Normal and Hard, almost perfected it on Easy, and got 18.9 on Extreme before dropping out.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 09:56:43 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5863 on: September 05, 2013, 09:35:25 PM »

I just have three more songs to clear on Normal before I've cleared them all.

My favorite songs so far:

- World's End Dance Hall
- Summer Idol
- The Kagamine Twins song that's basically dueling banjos with Sitars. (Flowering something or other)
- Time Machine
- Black*Rock Shooter
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5864 on: September 05, 2013, 10:00:19 PM »

Great minds must think alike.  My 3 faves are World's End Dance Hall, What? Ah Yes, and Time Machine... in no particular order.  Though I put Time Machine as my favorite in my in-game profile. 

Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: