Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 09:16:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341343 Posts in 13950 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 456743 times)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5880 on: September 06, 2013, 06:37:01 PM »

I now own a Vita.  The $199 Walking Dead combo was too good a deal to pass up.  First mobile gaming device I've ever owned.  Bought a 32 GB card to go with it, so time to flood it full of PSOne titles and a bunch of PSP titles I always wanted to play but never did.  The whole remote play thing with the PS4 in the near future kind of helped things along, too.
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5881 on: September 06, 2013, 07:20:35 PM »

Alright, I got my Diva F in the mail today. I'll see what this game is about tonight =)
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5882 on: September 06, 2013, 09:20:20 PM »

Unlocked Tengaku and because I've gotten better at the game, was able to clear it.  I wasn't able to clear it in the demo.  Good song.  Favorite is still "Hm? Ah, yes." 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 09:30:54 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5883 on: September 07, 2013, 12:35:32 AM »

Alright, I got my Diva F in the mail today. I'll see what this game is about tonight =)

*Hours later*

Damn, I'm having way more fun then I thought I would.
I bought this just because of the weirdness expecting a "meh" but it's guenuinly fun.
I'm playing on easy for now to max the stuff in there before cruising to normal.
Got 15 Excellents tonight.

Oh yeah, Miku clearly cheats at Rock Paper Scissor.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 01:03:33 AM by Annubis » Logged
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5884 on: September 07, 2013, 02:17:58 AM »

Majora's Mask - Got the frog mask and the fire arrows. I'm liking Snowpeak temple more than the swamp -- for one thing, it looks like it has a big metapuzzle ala the Water Temple. For another thing, the fire arrows definitely seem to act like a short cut when I restart the dungeon.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5885 on: September 07, 2013, 12:40:34 PM »

Been playing all sorts of shit lately.

FEAwakening: Back from the Valmese vacation and have filled out my ranks with a few new recruits (although, now I have too many people). Now to crash Validar's pad and milk it for all its worth.

VP2: Still grinding.

SMTIV: Made a shitload of progress, now I'm in Shinjuku looking for sidequests and demons to fuse.

Shining Force 1: Decided to pick this up again, unfortunately "WHY DON'T ANY OF THESE NUMBERS MAKE ANY GODDAMN SENSE!". And people bitch about oldschool FE games giving them crap, they should go back and play SF1 again and see how nice it is to have a game where you can actually look at your numbers, compare them to the enemy, and know how likely you are to die for putting that guy there.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5886 on: September 07, 2013, 01:25:36 PM »

Finally started playing FFXIII-2 last night, got around to clearing the beach scene at the start of the game, then I passed out on the couch during the cut scene.

Is the DLC worth it for the game?
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: September 07, 2013, 01:37:26 PM »

I was betrayed in Saints Row IV :(

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5888 on: September 07, 2013, 04:05:40 PM »

Finally started playing FFXIII-2 last night, got around to clearing the beach scene at the start of the game, then I passed out on the couch during the cut scene.

Aside from a the piece or two that comes free, no not really.

It's mostly costumes, a couple extra Colosseum fights, and the option of getting your ass handed to you repeatedly by Caius Ballad and his supersayin, hyper deluxe, one-winged, triple dragon awesomesauce, beast mode for the sake of an addendum to the game's ending where Caius is still sitting around in what's her name's throne still being the invincible gary stu super bad smug ass and Lightning continues to weep on her knees over leading Serah-chan to her death (I may be exaggerating slightly). Still doesn't change the point of the extra DLC ending existing solely to make Caius look even more uhwsome to the maxxstreme!!! because Squeenix didn't feel that the game did enough to really drive that point in on its own.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5889 on: September 07, 2013, 05:00:38 PM »

Shining Force 1: Decided to pick this up again, unfortunately "WHY DON'T ANY OF THESE NUMBERS MAKE ANY GODDAMN SENSE!". And people bitch about oldschool FE games giving them crap, they should go back and play SF1 again and see how nice it is to have a game where you can actually look at your numbers, compare them to the enemy, and know how likely you are to die for putting that guy there.

Unless it's really different from SF3, base damage is just Attack minus Defense minus the land effect value. All of these values are readily visible at any given time. (SF1 and 2 might have some slight randomization on top of that. SF3 appears to be deterministic).

Crit/dodge/counter chances aren't really shown anywhere but I think that's the same for Fire Emblem.

Also, wrt zelda, while I agree that Twilight Princess' intro went on too long and that enemies don't present much of a threat, I think that applies to MM, too, so I'm not sure where deez peeps be coming from that sayin' MM handled things so much better.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 05:36:49 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5890 on: September 07, 2013, 06:14:08 PM »

Funny. I played this on the Sega collection for a bit in the winter. It's hard.
And your characters die. Easily.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5891 on: September 07, 2013, 06:20:09 PM »

(I may be exaggerating slightly).

You think? ._.'

---

Outlast (First-person horror):

I didn't like it at all. The way they handled "the horror" was way too gory and in your face to leave any kind of impression on you. If anything, for all the atmosphere that Outlast can create it easily destroys all of that by desperately wanting to scare the player without building tension and reaching a climax properly.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5892 on: September 07, 2013, 08:57:12 PM »

Aside from a the piece or two that comes free, no not really.

It's mostly costumes, a couple extra Colosseum fights, and the option of getting your ass handed to you repeatedly by Caius Ballad and his supersayin, hyper deluxe, one-winged, triple dragon awesomesauce, beast mode for the sake of an addendum to the game's ending where Caius is still sitting around in what's her name's throne still being the invincible gary stu super bad smug ass and Lightning continues to weep on her knees over leading Serah-chan to her death (I may be exaggerating slightly). Still doesn't change the point of the extra DLC ending existing solely to make Caius look even more uhwsome to the maxxstreme!!! because Squeenix didn't feel that the game did enough to really drive that point in on its own.

haha, uhh duly noted!
Wild Armor
Observer
Contributing Editor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5893 on: September 07, 2013, 09:47:11 PM »

Played a bit more of Chrono Cross. Here's an update on my roster's and their name change:

Serge: as is.
Poshul: Tulip (Woops! Wrong file, this is fixed)
Leena: as is.
Mojo: as is.
Nikki: Jacksn
Korcha: Rufio
Greco: Falco
Razzly: Eevee
Luccia: Burba (Yes, I spelt it that way on purpose).
NioFio: Petal.

Was tempted to calling Luccia Babar, but my sister said no. I believe the next character that's next for being recruited is...possibly Pip! Yeah, I got a bunch of names for that adorable puffball. I think the only characters left for me to recruit as Serge is Mel, Skelly, Turnip, and...yeah that's it I believe.

My Chrono Cross Challenge rules are coming along nicely. Whenever I'm on my break at work, I think of possible rules that would work in theory and practice, since there has to be some sort of challenge that would also not render the game unwinnable. I'll let you know how it goes when I begin the run myself, updating as I continue through the challenge...

If it does work out, and turns out to actually be fun and challenging, I'll post the results and rules here. Wish me luck!

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5894 on: September 07, 2013, 09:59:10 PM »

Negaposi*Continue is an absolute bear in Project Diva F.  It's a good song and all, but it's fast and has a lot of off-beat/off-timey stuff so it's quite challenging. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: