Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 05:30:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327263 Posts in 13401 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 384756 times)
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5940 on: September 14, 2013, 07:52:43 AM »

I finished the base game of Asura's Wrath. A bit pissed that the "real" ending is behind some requirement that I have no intention of pursuing. I suppose I can probably youtube it.
For those who've played it, have you bothered with any of the DLC? How about the 4 episode pack for 6.99? Is that worth it? There's no reviews on gamerankings for it.

I think I'll download Gone Home and play that next.

If you enjoyed Asura's Wrath for how ridiculous things got at some points then pick up the DLC because it is more of the same. Also make sure you view the other ending before you get the DLC because the DLC is a continuation of the cliffhanger in that ending.

...isn't the real ending for Asura's Wrath in the DLC, or was said DLC an epilogue people kept calling "the REAL ending"?
Asura's Wrath has "three endings." A first ending that you get when you just play through the game which is all happy. A second ending that addresses two plot points, that I believe are both completely ignored in the first ending, and ends in a cliffhanger. And then the DLC ending (or OVA ending as I like to think of it as) which....well I don't want to give out spoilers there.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #5941 on: September 14, 2013, 01:03:54 PM »

It should be illegal for a game to look as good as Uncharted 3. Man the colors are so sharp it almost hurts my face

The shipyard section is kind of a bitch though.

I'm still not sure why that section was even in the game.  It didn't even have anything to do with the story.  It was just like: And now, some pirates!

The setting didn't actually bother me. I mean, you go through all kinds of other ruins, and other sections with water/boats/etc (granted, the motorboat one in UC2 where you had to drive upstream was annoying as fuck), but once I got inside that big luxury liner in UC3's shipyard... I got my ass kicked over and over and over again. Okay so, it was hard mode, but still! I had absolutely no qualms with the game up until that point. And it really is pretty.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5942 on: September 14, 2013, 09:59:34 PM »

I finished the base game of Asura's Wrath. A bit pissed that the "real" ending is behind some requirement that I have no intention of pursuing. I suppose I can probably youtube it.
For those who've played it, have you bothered with any of the DLC? How about the 4 episode pack for 6.99? Is that worth it? There's no reviews on gamerankings for it.

I think I'll download Gone Home and play that next.

The base ending is easy to get. You just have to get an S on 5 levels. The first 5 levels are a cake for that.

I bought the DLC because I loved the game so much. I couldn't beat the boss right away so I put it down.

Well, I played on easy, and somehow still didn't get 5 S ranks. I suck at games. I have no intention of re-playing any levels. so I guess getting the "hidden" ending is out. Or Youtube.
I'll still probably get the DLC, though, as I had a blast with the game overall.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5943 on: September 15, 2013, 12:04:10 AM »

SMTIV:
Code:
Just took back the Seat of the Government over in Shinjuku. Decided to stick it to the Ashura-kai clowns by attacking them instead of the demon I was supposed to slay. Now I'm off to Ikebukuro and to make nice with the Ring of Gaea clowns.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5944 on: September 15, 2013, 03:25:06 PM »

Xenoblade:

About to head to Eryth Sea.

Question about Riki:

Code:
Is it just me, or was Dunga trying to send someone who's pretty clearly a high-functioning autist on a suicide mission just so he didn't have to deal with him anymore?

That's kind of messed up, yo :(

Especially since it's implied that he does that every year.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5945 on: September 15, 2013, 08:03:11 PM »

I really need to stop going for the Battle Masteries in Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation. They make the game way too hard. Especially when it sets the game to hard mode. I'm on Mission 18 and I could not figure out how to sink the Kurogane in less than 7 turns. Maybe I should upgrade my pilots...I don't think I've done that even once yet...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5946 on: September 15, 2013, 09:03:52 PM »

The Force Unleashed is a terrible, terrible game.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5947 on: September 15, 2013, 09:10:46 PM »

http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/snes/hm/crops.shtml

I ran some math on that. If you grow the same number of potatoes and turnips for each crop cycle, the turnips always make more money. Because you get two more crop cycles in.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5948 on: September 16, 2013, 12:54:09 AM »

Xenoblade:

About to head to Eryth Sea.

Question about Riki:

Code:
Is it just me, or was Dunga trying to send someone who's pretty clearly a high-functioning autist on a suicide mission just so he didn't have to deal with him anymore?

That's kind of messed up, yo :(

Especially since it's implied that he does that every year.

Aside from the fact that Riki isn't autistic at all, I'd say that the situation is less about wanting to off him and more about trying to get him out the door so that he can start earning his (and his massive family's) keep. Riki is basically the Nopon equivalent of a middle aged worker who somehow wound up with Hero as a day job

I really need to stop going for the Battle Masteries in Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation. They make the game way too hard. Especially when it sets the game to hard mode. I'm on Mission 18 and I could not figure out how to sink the Kurogane in less than 7 turns. Maybe I should upgrade my pilots...I don't think I've done that even once yet...

It's a little late to say this but if you're having trouble you might want to invest in fully upgrading an M95 Machine Gun or two. After that I'd suggest focusing on building up finishers and attacks used frequently as well as the usual suit upgrades (although I'd hold off on getting too wild with them early on due to eventual mid-season upgrades).

If you're looking for pilot upgrades, I'd highly recommend giving Irm/Katrina (depending on which route you took) the Attacker skill ASAP along with Ryusei/Kyosuke and Rai/Excellen (if you're at chapter 18 you probably can't afford more than that). It's debatable to say whether investing PP into Infight/Gunfight over stats is the more preferable option, as stats yield higher damage boosts for less but Infight/Gunfight provides an extra space of move/an extra square of weapon range at levels 4 and 7 respectfully (I'd say, bother only if they don't already have the skill and only up to level 4/7). All support pilots (i.e. Garnet/Russel, the battleship pilots, Aya/Radha, etc) should aim for SP Regen, Concentrate, and/or SP Up.

It's kinda hard to really recommend what to do beyond that since I don't even recall which route you're on nor the pilots at your disposal. Generally speaking though, your best option is to go all out with Accel, avoid using as much SP as possible early on in the stage, make sure to ice as many grunts as possible by the end of turn four to build as much Will as possible, then send everybody to dogpile the boss.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
natros

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5949 on: September 16, 2013, 09:51:11 AM »

At character level 19 in Amalur. I've at least visited most of the areas in the overall map, but of course, have not fully explored every single nook and cranny. Still mainly focusing on faction quests, and doing a few side quests... well, on the side now and then.
I've noticed the big trend of "Go explore this hole and bring back, or kill whatever is inside." Still, the game's not getting boring at all, thanks to the awesome environments and fun combat. I really like the combination of chakrams and the longbow in battle. Good stuff.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5950 on: September 16, 2013, 08:45:22 PM »

Spent an hour playing some TG16 shmups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x2cWtfzPd0 Is it just me or does this music sound REALLY Secret of Mana-y?

o/` I do not dream o/`

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5951 on: September 17, 2013, 12:04:02 AM »

This game consumes me: http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5952 on: September 17, 2013, 08:53:44 AM »

Well, there's goes my life.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5953 on: September 17, 2013, 10:05:56 AM »

Have been playing otome games like Sweet Fuse on my sakura pink PSP, but clicking cookies feels less sad and more socially acceptable, so I'll give that a shot.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5954 on: September 17, 2013, 04:36:28 PM »

OH GOD COOKIES...!

the furious clicking will attract co-workers...yet I find it difficult to stop!

Anyways, I'm sort of torn between where I should be focusing my attentions with regards to gaming. Here are my current Games in Progress:

Trails in the Sky - 26 hours in
Final Fantasy Dimensions - 24 hours in
Final Fantasy XII-2: - 12-14 hours in
Persona 4 Golden - 4 hours in

I wonder what I should finish up first...

Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: