Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 11:26:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334691 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 426002 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5955 on: September 17, 2013, 04:52:58 PM »

Trails.

Jotacon

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5956 on: September 17, 2013, 05:01:15 PM »

Definitely, Trails.

In other news - Amnesia: A Machine for pigs is good. It fails spectacularly as a horror game, but it does stand as a testament to a well-written, well-acted drama. It would be much stronger if the gameplay was better, but definitely worth a shot if you like narrative(y) games.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5957 on: September 17, 2013, 05:34:21 PM »

Will focus Trails then!! So many good games to play...so little time!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5958 on: September 17, 2013, 09:33:49 PM »

Blazing Lazers - Got up to Level 7. I don't think I really care for this game. The first four or five levels are entirely too easy if you can keep powered up. Most of the difficulty after that is that it's really, really hard to rebound if you lose your powerups.

Also the way the bullets move is really strange, especially when coupled with the... side to side movement you can do.  At one point I had one of the enemy bullets just get stuck in place and... travel WITH me.

Xenobalde - Up to Zeal.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 12:08:34 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5959 on: September 18, 2013, 12:28:35 AM »

Xenobalde - Up to Zeal.

Best suggestion for Alcamoth is to backburner a number of those quests for a while so that you don't burn out on them since you literally just came from another shitload of sidequests.

Also, bring your Quick Step gems. That place is fucking huge.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5960 on: September 18, 2013, 12:31:06 AM »

I'm holding off on sidequests in general until I start feeling under-leveled again.

.... Alcamoth.

Alcoholic moth...

Heheheheheheh.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5961 on: September 18, 2013, 03:07:29 AM »

I just wanted to say... I hate you.

Fortunately, I figured out it's totally possible to click on cookies while playing a visual novel. Got Meoshi's good ending last night and it was adorable. Now I feel kinda bad for worrying about my favourite detective all the time during those final few days.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5962 on: September 18, 2013, 03:52:22 AM »

Fortunately, I figured out it's totally possible to click on cookies while playing a visual novel. Got Meoshi's good ending last night and it was adorable. Now I feel kinda bad for worrying about my favourite detective all the time during those final few days.

...I don't get it.  How is this game even remotely appealing?  I thought you guys were all joking at first...

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5963 on: September 18, 2013, 05:21:40 AM »

That's the problem. I have no idea why its appealing! I mean, it's kinda nice to see the numbers go up and up and up, but something like Candy Box has that and more.
natros
Misanthropic Humanist

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5964 on: September 18, 2013, 09:35:41 AM »

...I don't get it.  How is this game even remotely appealing?  I thought you guys were all joking at first...

There's something about it... I'm not a fan of clicky-clicky games myself, and this one doesn't have a lot of depth, but man... It makes you want to make the fuck out of some cookies.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5965 on: September 18, 2013, 09:39:18 AM »

Yeah, I don't get it either. I went over, clicked on a few cookies, realized that's ALL there is to it, then moved on.

I started up Gone Home last night. As expected it's a very quiet and slow-paced game. All about being nosey and looking at everything to try and figure out what happened. There is a good air of mystery going on, with a slight horror movie type buildup that I'm feeling. I know it's not meant to be that way, but the slow build simply does that.

I also ordered Bioshock Infinite, as the price finally dropped to a reasonable level for a game that I don't even know if I'll like or not. I just feel like I should play it, given all the acclaim it's gotten.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5966 on: September 18, 2013, 10:26:38 AM »

I thought you guys were all joking at first...

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5967 on: September 18, 2013, 02:45:30 PM »

Thinking of buying a psp.  There are several games on it that I want to play.  For those of you wondering why not the vita:  gamefly.  It's more cost effective for me.  I probably shouldn't buy it since my queue is already full. Plus I have a ton of pc games I bought during sales that I haven't even downloaded.  I need an intervention. 

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
unsmashable_pumpkin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5968 on: September 18, 2013, 03:07:16 PM »

Thinking of buying a psp.  There are several games on it that I want to play.  For those of you wondering why not the vita:  gamefly.  It's more cost effective for me.  I probably shouldn't buy it since my queue is already full. Plus I have a ton of pc games I bought during sales that I haven't even downloaded.  I need an intervention. 

Well, there are also a few UMD-only psp games that are worth checking out (crisis core, valkyrie profile:lenneth (if you haven't played the original) and birth by sleep (if you are into kingdom hearts) off the top of my head). The psp has a pretty neat library by now, if you like jrpgs.

I managed to beat Dark Souls (took me long enough). :D
Now to tackle some of my backlog. Think I'm going to start with FFT: war of the lions, which should last me a good long while, I'm guessing.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5969 on: September 18, 2013, 03:54:54 PM »

There are a few (>5, <10) PSP games that will *always* have me coming back to the system

* Valkyrie Profile
* Star Ocean 1 2
* Tales of Eternia
* Trails in the Sky (SOON SC..YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA)
* Kingdom Hearts BBS
* Handheld-ing PSX stuff off PSN

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: