Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 11:27:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319213 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 358294 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #5970 on: September 18, 2013, 04:15:01 PM »

Never understood the cookie thing. I clicked for like... a minute and got bored. I do love me some cookies.

I guess my S-rank in MGRR Revengeance mode ends in chapter 2 because 1) I don't know how to S-rank the dwarf gekko part and 2) I might lose all my time to FFXIV anyway.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5971 on: September 18, 2013, 04:44:06 PM »

I had to take a little break from FFXIV so I got a few games off Steam. Dust: An Elysian Tale, Outlast and Wizardry 8.  Dust is great, Outlast is the scariest game I've ever played and Wizardry won't work:( 

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5972 on: September 18, 2013, 04:51:45 PM »

^Outlast is lame as hell. :|

It has parts that are well-designed but for the most part is one of the most disappointing 'First-Person Horror' games I've ever seen.

Never understood the cookie thing. I clicked for like... a minute and got bored. I do love me some cookies.

Same here.

I guess my S-rank in MGRR Revengeance mode ends in chapter 2 because 1) I don't know how to S-rank the dwarf gekko part and 2) I might lose all my time to FFXIV anyway.

Don't remember if I ever got an S in that part, but I found this. Hope it helps.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #5973 on: September 18, 2013, 05:02:14 PM »

Thanks - I was doing it totally wrong. Knocking dudes out and smacking around the other dwarf gekkos. Derp!

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5974 on: September 18, 2013, 05:03:55 PM »

Thanks - I was doing it totally wrong. Knocking dudes out and smacking around the other dwarf gekkos. Derp!

Are you close to platinum-ing it??  I give you credit though, you're really juicing the game for all it's worth!
I love when a title can have that power....hmmmmyes

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #5975 on: September 18, 2013, 05:42:21 PM »

I want to! Not sure how close I am - not THAT close. I know I need a bunch more S-ranks, more top VR mission scores and several other things. I feel like I've done a lot. But there's so much left...

I've actually never platinum/100%ed anything in my life, so platinuming a Platinum game would be nice.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5976 on: September 18, 2013, 07:12:17 PM »

I thought you guys were all joking at first...

It's addicting, I know! It's been consuming me since I posted it...

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5977 on: September 18, 2013, 09:21:38 PM »

For your own sake, I'd stop. Constant clicking is only going to accelerate the onset of RSI, and once it's there it never goes away.
Annubis

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5978 on: September 18, 2013, 09:26:48 PM »

The fun for me is attaining a new digit.
Every time it seems excessive and impossible and then before you know it, you're making 2 billion cookies a second.
Now how do I raise that to 10...
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5979 on: September 18, 2013, 09:47:42 PM »

For your own sake, I'd stop. Constant clicking is only going to accelerate the onset of RSI, and once it's there it never goes away.

I hope people aren't clicking that fast/much, there's hardly a need to do so with how the game is made. Literally, auto click is set into motion within 5 minutes or less of the game's start. I do recommend taking  DPB's advice though. As a pianist, proper posture and hand positioning is a must, especially if I'm playing a fast piece, or one that involves Octaves+octave jumps.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Annubis

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5980 on: September 18, 2013, 09:51:23 PM »

The only time it's worth clicking later is when you get the x777 clicks cookie.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5981 on: September 18, 2013, 10:20:34 PM »

has anyone got 100% achievements and upgrades? I am only at around 80% at the moment, not as far as Annubis.

eXaX

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5982 on: September 18, 2013, 10:29:39 PM »

Just got a Platinum Trophy for the first time in my life. The Game: Virtue's Last Reward (PSVita).

Being a huge fan of 999, I couldn't wait to go into Virtue' Last Reward and wow, it was a good game. Still though, the ending was infuriating. Or perhaps, more specifically the lack of ending.
Code:
Yeah, there is mindfuck central towards the end but the single-most important thing in the entire damn story isn't even shown and yet the game has the audacity to tell you to save everything when you are physically incapable of doing so.
On one hand, it might be the most brilliant thing ever written but damn, it gives you mixed feelings.

Tl:dr, The game is clearly part 2 of three so significant story-related things aren't explained.

Either way, Kōtarō Uchikoshi has some pretty amazing ideas nonetheless.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5983 on: September 19, 2013, 01:29:42 AM »

Rondo - Got up to the boss of Level 4. Died. If I can stay alive long enough, keep the boomerang, and keep my hearts up, I should be able to snag the book and item crash him to death with it, but...

Lords of Thunder - Managed to beat the Sand island. I still don't have a good feel for where my dude's hitbox is but still, really liking this a lot. Also noticed that it has two hard modes. Hm-HM.

Soldier Blade - I like this so much more than Blazing Lazers. Difficulty curve is a lot more natural. Hard mode is present. Levels are ABOUT the same length as BL's, but the enemy patterns have a lot more going on -- there's not really down time or filler, of the latter of which BL had a lot.

Xenoblade - The scope of the game is doing weird stuff to my mind. Still in Alcamoth, maybe 30 hours in... Makna isn't nearly totally explored either... Anyway, as I was saying though, just the size of it really hammers home the travel/journey aspect. Actually it's not just the size but the way that each area has its own character -- the way each area is almost its own self-contained mini-RPG.

Should probably force myself to take a break and go play Sakura Wars or DQ6, but what the hell, I think I'm

--- edit ---

Adventure Island 2 (GB) - When I was younger my expectations about adulthood were that it would involve a lot more making babies and balancing checkbooks and a lot less binging on Hudson's back catalog.

OH WELL NO REGRETS.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 02:39:38 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5984 on: September 19, 2013, 02:41:12 AM »

has anyone got 100% achievements and upgrades? I am only at around 80% at the moment, not as far as Annubis.

I'm in the seventies. My guess is that the last few achievements are for resetting your game and starting some kind of new game+.

(I'm not clicking much either. I just check the site once in a while and buy some stuff.)
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: