Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 12:47:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327557 Posts in 13410 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 387903 times)
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5985 on: September 19, 2013, 06:50:41 AM »

has anyone got 100% achievements and upgrades? I am only at around 80% at the moment, not as far as Annubis.

I'm in the seventies. My guess is that the last few achievements are for resetting your game and starting some kind of new game+.

(I'm not clicking much either. I just check the site once in a while and buy some stuff.)
There are three achievements for resetting your game, but I think they are "secret" achievements that don't count towards your percentage. Kinda like the hacked cookies trophy (or badge of dishonor). The last few trophies that you don't have are probably the ones related to the Grandmapocolpyse.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5986 on: September 19, 2013, 08:09:40 AM »

Sacrifice
Reset your game with 1,000,000 cookies baked.

Oblivion
Reset your game with 1,000,000,000 cookies baked.

From scratch
Reset your game with 1,000,000,000,000 cookies baked.

Nihilism
Reset your game with 1,000,000,000,000,000 cookies baked.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5987 on: September 19, 2013, 04:17:09 PM »

Finished Hitman Absolution today.  It was the first Hitman game I've played.  Like real life, I suck at being stealthy.  One of my bf's nicknames for me is Stompy.  I would probably play the next Hitman to come out on a console.   No iOS stuff. 

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5988 on: September 19, 2013, 05:46:06 PM »

Have you tried the HD collection?

I've been thinking about picking that up, but HD collections seem to be hit or miss.

Sometimes like KH, Jak or DMC they're good.

Other times, like Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia, they seem to run like crap.

Not sure whether to pick it up.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5989 on: September 19, 2013, 09:10:44 PM »

Sakura Taisen - Played this for like 45 minutes. I don't know why I was expecting a more balanced mix of strategy RPG and barely interactive talking bits.

Xenoblade Chronicles - I was sort of hoping the NPCs in Alcamoth would be giving me more backstory about Alcamoth/the high entity, and less... talking about the Collectapedia? Also is it just me or does the localization get a bit wonky here?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5990 on: September 19, 2013, 11:38:34 PM »

I love jumping to my death in Uncharted during the characters talkin and that weird music kicks in and everyone's like No! Nate!
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5991 on: September 20, 2013, 03:28:39 PM »

@aeolus

Thanks for the tips. I've been tempted to restart SRW:OG, though I've kinda been playing the same save for so long that I don't know how comfortable I'd be doing that...but I don't think I'll get where I want to be without doing that...

In the meantime, I've been playing Phantasy Star II. I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit so far. It's slow, the stats are bullcrap, the dungeons are unnecessarily maze-like with stuff in the foreground that can obstruct your view, and the story, even for a game of its age is kinda loopy...yet I find it has a certain charm to it, and I can't put it down. I'm exploring the Biolab now, though I think I'll need to wait until I can get Rudo a new pair of guns before I get too far in.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5992 on: September 20, 2013, 04:54:21 PM »

@aeolus

Thanks for the tips. I've been tempted to restart SRW:OG, though I've kinda been playing the same save for so long that I don't know how comfortable I'd be doing that...but I don't think I'll get where I want to be without doing that...

In the meantime, I've been playing Phantasy Star II. I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit so far. It's slow, the stats are bullcrap, the dungeons are unnecessarily maze-like with stuff in the foreground that can obstruct your view, and the story, even for a game of its age is kinda loopy...yet I find it has a certain charm to it, and I can't put it down. I'm exploring the Biolab now, though I think I'll need to wait until I can get Rudo a new pair of guns before I get too far in.

You shouldn't have to worry too much about resetting if it bothers you that much, you should be able to quickly make up the ground you've already covered the first time through easily enough (since the HP sponges and longer slog missions don't show up until later in the game). Generally speaking a lot of the game's difficulty has a workaround to it like the M95 upgrade trick or prioritizing Attacker on your damage dealers but there really isn't anything that should force you into using an exploit until near the end of the game where you need to start making sure you have as many EN reduction weapons on as many support attackers as possible.

Also some advice on the game's secrets is to make sure to level up both scenarios' main protagonists and to have them collect 50 kills apiece (55 for the one who shows up later) as well as to make sure both carrier ship captains up to level 38 (Repair Modules can go a long way towards this but with the rate of leveling you shouldn't have to worry about this until you're at the deadline), there's also a unit that you can get that a princess is forced to pilot that you probably haven't encountered yet on your first run, you'll want to complete the Battle Mastery for this stage with a certain character (the game will pretty much tell you who) to get the unit, there's also another optional unit that you can get if you feed levels to a pilot named Ingram/Viletta (depending on your scenario) before a certain point (thankfully you don't need to worry about gaining kills so the Repair Module trick will work on them too).

As for PS2, good luck on that one. The game is an archaic slog.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5993 on: September 20, 2013, 09:21:20 PM »

Gone Home - It started slow, but once I started learning some things about the family, and what could be going on, I became enthralled. The central story I wasn't expecting at all, and I'm glad reviews I read didn't spoil it. I imagine I'll finish it over the weekend.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5994 on: September 20, 2013, 10:24:41 PM »

Started Valdis Story...enjoying so far...but this keyboard control is killing me. I cant wait for them to fix it so I can use my logitech controller. (I don't have other controllers that canwork)

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5995 on: September 21, 2013, 02:57:15 AM »

Done with Sweet Fuse so I quit Cookie Clicker cold turkey.

Sweet Fuse was a nice little game and for once I actually liked most of the characters! My favourites are probably Shidou and Meoshi. Well, and Shirabe, too. Mitarashi wasn't so bad either, despite his meatheadedness.

Started Soul Hackers last night. It's like time traveling back to the nineties, isn't it? I like it.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #5996 on: September 21, 2013, 08:24:09 AM »

Started Valdis Story...enjoying so far...but this keyboard control is killing me. I cant wait for them to fix it so I can use my logitech controller. (I don't have other controllers that canwork)

If they're not already working on supporting it, try letting them know on Facebook or Twitter. They're very responsive to fans and requests.

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5997 on: September 21, 2013, 10:56:46 PM »

If they're not already working on supporting it, try letting them know on Facebook or Twitter. They're very responsive to fans and requests.

I think they mentioned they were working on that in their kickstarter's comment section. I just have to be patient. :)

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5998 on: September 22, 2013, 10:26:59 PM »

Lard - I haven't played the hd collection and probably won't.  Reviews on Gamefly are all over the place and the average is 6.  Of course scores don't predict the enjoyablity of game (Deadly Premonition).  I just didn't like Absolution enough to go back to the older games.

I am slowly going through the process of adding people to PSN.  It is taking forever. 
Also I noticed I am several years behind on RPGs.  I am still trying to clear games I bought years ago.

Officially gave up on Harvest Moon: Animal Parade.  The controls are a bit wonky and load times and no fast travel are trying my patience. I only got the red bell before calling it quits.  I really thought I would like Harvest Moon since I loved Rune Factory 3.  I am still going to give the series a shot.   Most likely it will be the new 3ds one.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 02:19:00 AM by CluelessWonder » Logged

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5999 on: September 23, 2013, 08:10:07 AM »

Officially gave up on Harvest Moon: Animal Parade.  The controls are a bit wonky and load times and no fast travel are trying my patience. I only got the red bell before calling it quits.  I really thought I would like Harvest Moon since I loved Rune Factory 3.  I am still going to give the series a shot.   Most likely it will be the new 3ds one.

I really like Harvest Moon A New Beginning but it might be an expensive buy if you are not sure about it. You should know that the first month is a giant tutorial and is slow as molasses but it really picks up after that. Harvest Moon DS is pretty good and I really liked More Friends of mineral Town for GBA. They don't have the village creation aspect that A New Baginning has though.

Rune Factory Frontier is awesome if you don't have it. It is my favourite after Rune Factory 3. Oceans is not that great and is probably my least favourite of the 5 Rune Factory games released in the west.

Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: