Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 03:44:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327157 Posts in 13392 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 383836 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6015 on: September 27, 2013, 10:45:28 AM »

Bioshock Infinite is pretty damn amazing so far. The game is gorgeous, and the world it creates is so perfectly done. Every little detail is there.
The combat is ok, but it drives home why first person games annoy me. I can't see behind me! And there's no quick turnaround like some games have.
I ended up playing it an hour longer than I planned last night, so that right there tells you how much fun I was having.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6016 on: September 27, 2013, 10:53:20 AM »

Bioshock Infinite is pretty damn amazing so far. The game is gorgeous, and the world it creates is so perfectly done. Every little detail is there.
The combat is ok, but it drives home why first person games annoy me. I can't see behind me! And there's no quick turnaround like some games have.
I ended up playing it an hour longer than I planned last night, so that right there tells you how much fun I was having.

Everything you said is how I felt for it.  The game got...really chaotic and became somewhat cumbersome for it; visually and everything else is absolutely perfect though, it's stunning.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6017 on: September 27, 2013, 11:31:06 AM »

I want to love Bioshock games, I really do... but for some reason the fact that I'm shooting birds/bees out of my hands just bugs me and I can't get passed it.
Never mind it's a city on the bottom of the sea, or a hot air balloon village. I'm cool w/ that.

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6018 on: September 27, 2013, 04:31:01 PM »

Playing through Radiata Stories again because I'm indecisive on what game I want to play.

I think I may genuinley stick with this game, mostly  because I made it to the final dungeon of the game, but never beat it (Non-Human side). I might go with the Human side to see what I missed my first playthrough.

In other news: I'm anticipating Rune Factory 4 to grace my 3DS by in less than a week...so long as they don't randomly push the date back again.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6019 on: September 27, 2013, 11:38:06 PM »

Alternating between Wind Waker and Uncharted 3.

The gunfighting haps in UC3 in the ship graveyard SUCK. If this game comes back for PS4 I hope they do something new. The hop on the yellow bars / firefight pattern hurst the pretty rad story and cool characters.

I'm sure that's not a new point of view but there it is.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6020 on: September 28, 2013, 12:46:21 AM »

R-Type - Got to level 3. WELP.

Deadspace Extraction - Just played the first level but this seems really well done.

Thinkin' about revisiting Euro Truck 2 some more. It just had an expansion released.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6021 on: September 28, 2013, 01:33:17 AM »

I love my WiiU
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6022 on: September 28, 2013, 01:39:25 AM »

Just finished King's Bounty Armored Princess. Either I played the game completely wrong or this is a very very hard game; and I played on easy =/
I can't imagine how someone can finish the game at all on hard.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #6023 on: September 28, 2013, 05:36:30 PM »

Uncharted 3.

The gunfighting haps in UC3 in the ship graveyard SUCK.

Welcome to my least favourite part of the entire series.

FFXIV. Almost a dragoon.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6024 on: September 29, 2013, 03:55:51 AM »

Never played a GTA game in my life until tonight.  With all the hype around V, I thought I would try IV to see if I would like the series.  I only played a little bit and haven't really done anything other than bowling and really bad driving.  The reason I haven't played GTA before is because I don't know if I will like being a bad guy.  I love the Yakuza games, but the main guy is actually a really good guy.   I guess I'll find out soon.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6025 on: September 29, 2013, 05:12:50 AM »

Clueless, you could... play Euro Truck Sim 2 :3 It's sort of like GTA but you're only a trucker, so that's like chaotic neutral at worst.

Crusader Kings 2 - Started a new game as Georgia. DOW'd and conquered... Kartli? and some province in Derbent, because I had de jure ducal claims. Get dragged into some really pointless wars with Byzantium that I largely ignore because they're not occurring anywhere near me.

Anyway, duke of Kartli (who I THINK is my nephew?) DOWs on Derbent again, and gets the entire Sunni world pissed at him, because he declared a /holy/ war (Georgia is orthodox). Meanwhile, Alania, who is my only ally, has a succession crisis, that Kartli joins in on too. So I declare war on Derbent (which entails a prestige hit because I'm breaking a truce), because I have another ducal claim, take their capital, and I think that war ends.

Meanwhile, Kartli somehow conquers all of Alania, so Georgia doubles in size instantly.

Anyway, while the Alania succession crisis/Kartli-fucking-ur-shit-up crisis was going on, the Cuman Pagan Blob took one of Alania's provinces, so I got a claim on that, tried to force it, and got summarily fucked up. And then the war ended for some reason I don't know.

Anyway eventually the truce with Derbent expired, so I took over the rest of them, and married my heir off to an Italian duchess.

While this was all happening, my current ruler managed to fulfill a bunch of ambitions.

I need to buy all of the expansions whenever they go on sale again :TTT

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6026 on: September 29, 2013, 06:28:22 AM »

SMT Devil Summoner Soul Hackers.

Only just reached the Auto Plant. Having a blast so far. My strategy seems to be Nemisa attacks and my 5 other meat shields try to keep the enemies attention.

Harvest Moon:  New Beginning

Things have gotten a lot more fun after the first month.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6027 on: September 29, 2013, 12:30:08 PM »

I don't think I've given FFVI the credit it deserves. I've been replaying it on the GBA and having a blast. More fun than the first time I played it, for some reason.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6028 on: September 29, 2013, 03:05:45 PM »

Picked The Last of Us back up and finished it. I was about 2/3 through summer when I stopped, and I did the rest in the past few days. This fucking game, I swear. I pretty much loved everything about it, from the music, the set pieces, the voice acting, the various themes in the storyline and the little details. But fuck, that game is emotionally intense, so I aint touching it again for a while.

In the mean time, I'm going for more light hearted fare with FF9. I already almost lost my shit over that damn jump roping mini-game.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6029 on: September 29, 2013, 04:42:24 PM »

I don't think I've given FFVI the credit it deserves. I've been replaying it on the GBA and having a blast. More fun than the first time I played it, for some reason.

It's fun to conquer it by being to good for it.  Sabin's blitz's, Moog's water dance, Shadow throwing things, Edgar's chain of saw, Boy-Tarzan's Rage abilities.  etc.

I feel the GBA versions don't get enough love given that they at least have some extra things in them.  Never understood why it's the SNES one that kept getting emulated.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: