Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 04:57:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334773 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 428014 times)
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6090 on: October 09, 2013, 05:52:46 PM »

actually Yoda, Forza 3 got me hooked huge LOL, son is like....ummmm hey Dad...HAHAHA. Gotta hurry though, he's visiting in Dec. !

Everything's Eventual
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6091 on: October 10, 2013, 03:43:18 AM »

Gta4  - Never realized how long the game is.  I take cabs to cut the time down.  I hate driving.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6092 on: October 10, 2013, 11:59:57 PM »

Wii - Wiimote ran out of batteries. OH WELP, FUN WHILE IT LASTED.

Raiden Fighters Jet - Got to level 30. TOOTHPASTETOOTHPASTETOOTHPASTE

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6093 on: October 11, 2013, 02:43:02 AM »

So I finished the
Code:
Three trials
in Ni No Kuni.

There are a lot of little touches in this game that I really like, such as having a single monster run away from you on the map if you're more powerful than it, BUT come back and attack you if there's two or three of them.

I am really digging this game overall.

One thing I would like to know is whether you ever get a fast travel system in the game, or do you walk everywhere all the time.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
natros
Misanthropic Humanist

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6094 on: October 11, 2013, 03:16:39 PM »

Finished Saints Row 3(rd). 'Twas a lot of fun. Much better than GTA IV. Although, it was starting to feel like an extension of Saints 2 towards the end of the game. Not necessarily a bad thing... That same old feeling still equals tons of entertainment.
Now on to GTA V.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6095 on: October 11, 2013, 09:59:51 PM »

Able to get through the first level of Raiden with only getting dead once. Goz!

o/` I do not dream o/`

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6096 on: October 13, 2013, 08:39:12 AM »

Been playing Aterlier Meruru. Enjoying it a lot more than I was expecting. The game being centered around developing a country really works for me for some reason. Looking forward to (eventually) seeing all the endings.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6097 on: October 13, 2013, 12:40:25 PM »

I finished Growlanser WoT at last, it was very good but I think I'd have liked it more if was about 10 hours shorter. I like the idea of a tactical/traditional RPG hybrid, but in practice the non-story battles were a waste of time, since I enabled auto-battle for almost all of them.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6098 on: October 13, 2013, 07:45:21 PM »

Uncharted 3. I thought the ending would've been a bit longer, but I enjoyed it. People say they like UC2 better but I prefer this one, slightly.

Overall this was a fun series though it's repetitive as heck. I loved the characters and the dialog was always great. Who ever played Sully is fantastic.

If they do bring this back for PS4 they better do some major innovating in terms of gameplay.
eXaX

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6099 on: October 13, 2013, 08:07:15 PM »

I have been playing MGS3 HD on the Vita and it's been fantastic. A brilliant game but looking at it in retrospect it's such a strange game. Specific moments feel just weird. Like when you're climbing that unholy long stairs and the theme song starts playing spouting lines like : "But you're so supreme!" I was rolling my eyes.

I have also been testing Growlanser Wot and the first boss fight in the First Ruins has been kicking my ass. Damn lvl 18 spell casters.

Finally, continuing with P4G. Just finished the Rise fight. No matter how good P4G is in the end I prefer darker games (like P3). Tl:dr More characters need to die or in the least make me interested again in this mystery. So far it's a feel good well-written Scoopy-Doo but I'm just not interested in the story. The characters are great but so far there have been no twists or virtually anything happening story-wise. Especially having finished Virtue's Last Reward a short while ago with all of the mysteries and mind-f*cks in that story it's easy to not feel impressed by P4G's story so far.
Granted they are completely different beasts. My point is that VLR kept me engrossed in the plot while P4G doesn't. But since everyone seems to adore it I'll continue in the hopes the story picks up again

Long rant is long.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6100 on: October 13, 2013, 08:23:49 PM »

Who ever played Sully is fantastic.

Richard McGonagle played as Sully in Uncharted.

I have been playing MGS3 HD on the Vita and it's been fantastic. A brilliant game but looking at it in retrospect it's such a strange game. Specific moments feel just weird. Like when you're climbing that unholy long stairs and the theme song starts playing spouting lines like : "But you're so supreme!" I was rolling my eyes.

I never got any of the criticism of the part when you have to climb the ladder in MGS3. Is just a thing that happens and that's it... I've seen people before going on and on about how that part is this and that. *shrug*
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6101 on: October 13, 2013, 09:35:04 PM »

Who ever played Sully is fantastic.

Richard McGonagle played as Sully in Uncharted.

I never got any of the criticism of the part when you have to climb the ladder in MGS3. Is just a thing that happens and that's it... I've seen people before going on and on about how that part is this and that. *shrug*

If I recall correctly, its comes right after putting down The Fury and right before you start the final sequence of fighting the Shagolhod (or however it's spelled), running through the burning jungle, taking on The Boss, and finishing up with the escape sequence. It's pretty much also a disguised loading screen for all of that. At least the song is good in that "This could've been a Bond opening theme song." way.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
eXaX

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6102 on: October 14, 2013, 03:08:38 AM »

Oh definitely a runner-up for a James Bond theme. And there isn't anything particularly wrong with that scene, I just never understood it except that it's a interactive loading screen.

Either way, a brilliant game especially since they fixed the camera. Also, this is the first and only game I remember where the enemies camoflage actually fooled me more then once or twice. In the sense that I didn't distinguish them from the environment.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6103 on: October 14, 2013, 07:20:34 PM »

Mostly still playing the Raiden games from GOG. Just dicking around in the first three or so levels

Zone of the Enders 2 - Think I like this. Got it on exchange credit when I took back that cracked copy of Ninja Gaiden Black. Very Virtual On-ish. Looks like something I could spend some time getting good at.

RayCrisis - Managed to play through it by credit feeding. I don't think I like this. The shifting 3D perspective is... confusing in a bad way, and it feels really boss rushy which is at odds with the lock-on mechanics which emphasize locking onto a bunch of enemies in formation quickly -- because you don't get big enemy formations much?

o/` I do not dream o/`

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6104 on: October 14, 2013, 08:36:19 PM »

Yeah, my Budew just evolved into a Roselia!  I want a Roserade, so that's my side quest in Pokemon Y.

My A team so far is Frogadier, Ivysaur, Combusken, Floette, Espurr, and Pidgeotto

My B team so far is Roselia, Fletchinder, Spritzee (unless/until I get a better Fairy), Pancham (unless/until I get a better or hybrid fighting type), Pikachu (unless/until I get a better electric), and Luvdisc (I got it in a wonder trade and it's a placeholder till I get a better water type.)  I'd like to find a Poliwag so I can eventually get a Poliwrath that's water/fighting so I can ditch both Pancham and Luvdisc and open up space for other better 'mon in my B roster. 

Frogadier looks super cool and Floette is uber-cute!  
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 08:45:58 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: