Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 12:17:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327423 Posts in 13407 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 386399 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6150 on: October 22, 2013, 11:38:09 PM »

If it's reasonably priced I might download Trails in the Sky tonight. See what all the fuss is.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6151 on: October 23, 2013, 08:39:57 PM »

Hellsinker is basically if OFF was a Shmup.

Also when is TITS getting on steam?

--- edit ---

Einhander's levels are too goddamn long :T It'd be fine if it didn't have checkpoints or if you could save between levels but...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 10:24:46 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6152 on: October 23, 2013, 09:39:34 PM »

I think I've finally burned out on rpgs. EOIV remains untouched since May; forced myself to finish Dark Souls to see what the deal was and didn't think much of it in the end (Anor Londo was friggin' great though). New Vegas and Kotor 2 were probably the only games I've really enjoyed this whole year (and maybe the past one too). I just don't care anymore. :\

If it wasn't for Monster Hunter and indies like FTL I'd probably be in gaming limbo. Weird.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6153 on: October 24, 2013, 09:11:45 PM »

If it's reasonably priced I might download Trails in the Sky tonight. See what all the fuss is.

Get the f*** on it, son.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6154 on: October 24, 2013, 09:14:57 PM »

Get the f*** on it, son.

Let me know what you think. :3

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6155 on: October 24, 2013, 09:29:21 PM »

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6156 on: October 24, 2013, 09:41:11 PM »

^Cute meme.

@Draak: It sucks to read when someone can't really get into Dark Souls...
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6157 on: October 25, 2013, 01:51:26 AM »

I want to say that I like Dark Souls, but... it's not so much a difficult game as it is one that requires you to be very careful and methodical. And I mostly died because I got bored of doing that. And then I had to do it again.

A lot of enemies have fairly simple attack patterns, they just take forever to kill and tend to one-hit-KO you. Which gets tedious to deal with. Especially when you have to do it multiple times.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6158 on: October 25, 2013, 06:48:58 AM »

^Yeah we all know that Dark Souls (and Demon's Souls) have an old-school design to it. Big whoop.

As a fan I only want to see more people to enjoy DS. But I know that's too much to ask from people...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 02:20:46 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6159 on: October 25, 2013, 11:00:48 AM »

I've stayed very far away from the Souls games. I have no time or patience for difficult games nowadays. The way Mesh explains it makes me happy I HAVE taken this route.

Bioshock Infinite is going on a bit longer than I anticipated. I think I'm nearing the end, though. Lots of story revelations being thrown at me. Great game, despite me not normally liking first person perspective games.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6160 on: October 25, 2013, 12:00:46 PM »

ICO:

Did anyone here manage to finish ICO in less that 2 hours?

I've stayed very far away from the Souls games. I have no time or patience for difficult games nowadays. The way Mesh explains it makes me happy I HAVE taken this route.

If you are one of those that likes to "consume" games until you see the credits and move the next thing then from experience I think you are not gonna get much enjoyment out of Demon's/Dark Souls.

Kinda like a fighting game, the only thing that DS ask from the player is commitment. If that's too much for you then is too bad.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6161 on: October 25, 2013, 12:59:45 PM »

I didn't finish Ico in less than 2 hours but I want to give it a shot someday. It seems more plausible to platinum Ico as opposed to SotC.

Plus... I loved Ico sooooo much. So damn eerie. I love the simple tune that plays when you get an item or unlock something.
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6162 on: October 25, 2013, 03:30:48 PM »

@Draak: It sucks to read when someone can't really get into Dark Souls...

Yeah, in theory Dark Souls would be right up my alley. I almost bought a PS3 to play the two Souls games but then From announced the port.

I liked the minimalist approach to storytelling and the art direction. It's the gameplay that didn't click with me. While a game like MH keeps me on my toes all the time once you reach Hi/G Rank, Dark Souls only did so in a few boss fights (like the duo Ornstein/Smough). Such a goddamn shame.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6163 on: October 25, 2013, 04:18:34 PM »

ICO:

Did anyone here manage to finish ICO in less that 2 hours?

If you are one of those that likes to "consume" games until you see the credits and move the next thing then from experience I think you are not gonna get much enjoyment out of Demon's/Dark Souls.

Kinda like a fighting game, the only thing that DS ask from the player is commitment. If that's too much for you then is too bad.

I'm not really sure what you even mean by "consume". If you mean "actually get past the first area", then, yeah, I like to consume them.
I'm not a hardcore gamer. I don't care about being challenged, and have no time to spend on games that demand a lot of it. I always play games on easy or casual mode. I enjoy them that way. I get enough challenge out of day to day life. In the fantasy world of gaming I want to get absorbed in a beautiful world, with great tunes, a decent story, and kick ass all over the place. Dying over and over again is not fun. More power to people who enjoy that kind of thing.

I didn't finish Ico in less than 2 hours but I want to give it a shot someday. It seems more plausible to platinum Ico as opposed to SotC.

Plus... I loved Ico sooooo much. So damn eerie. I love the simple tune that plays when you get an item or unlock something.

Such a great game. A supposed short game that I was enthralled with and spent a lot of time in. Beautiful graphics, music, story, atmosphere, everything. 

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6164 on: October 25, 2013, 04:22:32 PM »

Yeah that Ico collection is probably the best thing I've played.

Anyone want to give me a beginner lesson on the Artes in Tales of Graces?
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: