Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 08:33:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340992 Posts in 13937 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 453560 times)
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6330 on: November 14, 2013, 11:54:46 PM »

DQIX - Got 3 fyggs and then got my ass handed to me by the giant spider.  I hate poisonous creatures.  I guess now is the time to start grinding.

Also I really need to stop buying apps on sale.  I have several that I have owned for months that I never opened.   

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6331 on: November 15, 2013, 01:14:18 AM »

Also I really need to stop buying apps on sale.  I have several that I have owned for months that I never opened.   

That's why I prefer physical copies of games. Even if I never get around to playing them, I can still prop them up and pretend to eat dinner with them.

My life is a mess :(

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6332 on: November 15, 2013, 04:56:48 PM »

First I apologize for not contributing to the Zelda talk in here the other day... I feared for WW spoilers when talk of dungeon volume came up so I opted to not read a post or two even though I was the one who brought it up.

On the Wind Walker note... Earth Temple... FAR more agrivating than it was cool. I loved every dungeon and puzzle thus far with the exception of that place. Guiding Midli seemed like a cool angle for a different type of dungeon experience until in execution it was really just a matter of repeating the same tune over and over again room after room. The light reflecting puzzles only added insult to injury in this dungeon. The ultimate problem was each room/puzzle was obvious and easy to solve and just a pain to execute. No legitimate challenge, just a test of patience really.

Its back to retro gaming weekend now! Chrono Trigger here I come. I just through Magus Castle last week. If I recall, I didn't like this little prehistoric segment though I'm fairly enticed to plow through it and get to the rest of the retro-joy beyond it.

That's why I prefer physical copies of games. Even if I never get around to playing them, I can still prop them up and pretend to eat dinner with them.

My life is a mess :(

I understand Mesh... my game collection is always my evening company too. Has been for years.  Though I find my Dragon Ball Z Goku figurines to make better dinner companions....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6333 on: November 15, 2013, 07:57:03 PM »

I usually buy physical when it comes to console/handheld games.  Nintendo is making me go digital with not offering physical copies.  PC games I am digital now.  It saves a lot of space.

Currently Reading: 

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6334 on: November 15, 2013, 08:39:22 PM »

Had some free time today so I played a few hours of Dead Island Riptide, it's all the fun of the original and does fix some issues (especially the rewards for beating Thugs/Floaters/Butchers etc.). Mindless fun, but I enjoy a bit of mindless fun, lol

Everything's Eventual
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6335 on: November 15, 2013, 10:41:46 PM »

Just finished ep.1 of The Wolf among Us. Rocked:)

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6336 on: November 16, 2013, 01:40:38 AM »

Beat Chapter 22 in my Lunatic Run on FE:Awakening. Wound up leaning on Florina instead of Est since Est had just reclassed into a Dark Knight and I had Florina pack a Brave Lance, a Beast Killer, and a Hammer for mopping up the Deadlords. Micaiah also got some rare field time as well thanks to her shiny new Mire tome for long range sniping. Of course she still sucks at using it due to her low level/stats (and the fact that there's almost nothing you can do to improve Mire's performance beyond having higher Magic and Skill). I'm probably going to have to burn a Hammerne staff on it provided that I have one to keep her useful (she had to burn 3 shots on the Helswath dude in order to avoid his Counter skill), and I still wound up accidentally burning a use off of it due to accidentally having Ayra attack with a Silver Sword instead of her Brave Sword. Fortunately, I managed to avoid wasting any other Legendaries by having all my ranged attackers gang up on the Gungnir Paladin, Florina two shot the frail Valflame Valkyrie with her Brave Lance, switching to Seliph to ORKO the Yewfelle Sniper with an Astra proc (not that I needed it), and had a combination of Est and her Superior Sword and Chrom and his Killer Bow plus Aether to take down the Balmug Swordmaster. Tiki wound up taking down one of the other Deadlords for some badly needed experience before I sent her to job Aversa since she really wasn't a threat compared to any of the other enemies in the stage (especially since Chrom could just Nuclear Option her ass into Chapter 25). In the end I reclassed Seliph into a Trickster for Lucky Seven and I managed to get through without any casualties. Next chapter should be entertaining given my complete and utter lack of Avatar use this playthrough (of course, Chrom could just solo Validar anyway given his stats being maxed out aside from Magic and Resistance).

SMTIV: Black Samurai Showdown. Welp. I've caught up to the BS again and wouldn't you know it, now I get to play the alignment game while on a fetch quest for her. What I can't believe is with all this alignment stuff dropping now I'm beginning to wonder just how much I have left in this game? I mean, was half of this game really about trying to get to a fucking bookstore? Oh well, either way I'm probably going to lean towards Chaos until the route confirmation choice since while I like Johnathan better than Walter, I hate that the Law choices still suck in this game (why is Law always such a non-option in these games?). At this point I should probably get the Hunter Tournament Preliminaries out of the way to make sure I don't veer too far into Chaos territory and I think I'm coming up on the point where I'm going to be hitting the route choice soon. About level 48 now. Also had Burroughs randomly warn me about a seriously strong enemy while I was hanging in the park behind Shibuya (I chose to bail thinking it was some kind of boss fight, but I've been all over the area and haven't gotten the prompt again; I suspect it may have been some rare encounter or some other kind of BS at this point). Also also, wound up getting the App DLC during the sale last week (but I sold the App Point items for cash instead to complete the last of the Ginza shopping quests, and to preserve some semblance of challenge as bosses have been rolling over more or less (barring the misfires where I blew it on trying to figure out boss weaknesses and nailed a reflection or drain instead)).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6337 on: November 16, 2013, 02:01:40 AM »

Up to I think 24 stars in SMG?

Also up to level 4 in Soldier Blade. Gotta say, the TG16 games controller better with the wiimote than the GC controller.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6338 on: November 16, 2013, 03:56:11 AM »

KanColle has some weird rules...

There's this 'practice' mode where you can pit your fleet against fleets from other players.  Sort of like an asynchronous mutliplayer mode without any consequences for the other guy.  But you do get XP for defeating them, and it's a great way to grind because since it's considered practice none of your ships need repairing afterwards unlike normal sorties (though they do need to be resupplied with fuel and ammo, but that's not a big deal).

Anyway, I only just realized that the XP given is based solely on the other guy's flagship's level.  It doesn't matter what else is in the fleet.  Which explains why a lot of people leave just a single high-level ship in their main fleet when not actively playing because it's easy for other people to beat it and get lots of XP.  They're basically just being nice.

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6339 on: November 16, 2013, 04:24:03 PM »

Remember Me -  Just finished this and I have mixed feelings about it.  I really like the setting, graphics, and the memory remixing.  The memory remixes appealed to my adventure game loving side and I really wish there was more of it in the game.  I really wasn't keen on the combat.  I played on easy and I still died several times.  I kept getting swarmed and couldn't do long combos.  Those guys with the blinky armor that would reflect damage, were a pain.  I spent a lot of time in battle running around so I could cool off and activate instant overload.  I probably wasn't playing right.  I guess overall it was an okay game.  I just wanted to love it more than I did.

Currently Reading: 

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6340 on: November 16, 2013, 05:44:50 PM »

I ended up buying a lot of games at GOGs insomnia sale. Playing Deus Ex for the first time. Graphics are actually pretty decent and the game is really fun. Just finished the first mission using stealth.

Also started playing Neverwinter nights. Fun game so far although I have only beaten the prologue bit.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6341 on: November 16, 2013, 07:40:57 PM »

The first mission is the worst one in Deus Ex and the graphics improve immensely after that.

Hardwar UIM06 runs on Windows 7 but the sky is screwed up on my laptop, so :( I guess I'll have to hook up my old desktop if I want to play it. (I guess I could run it without UIM06 but uhhhhh rather not. I could also try upgrading my chipset drivers but I heard the more recent ones were generally slower).
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 07:50:09 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6342 on: November 17, 2013, 04:14:00 AM »

I saw Giga Fire! I saw Giga Fire! Now I can safely play Disgaea D2 until units start using Tera Fire...
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6343 on: November 17, 2013, 11:57:23 AM »

I got a Wii U!  I traded in a bunch of stuff and got it for less than $100.  The Wind Waker bundle as well.

I've played the beginning of WW dozens of times, but this was the first time I did a "perfect run" of the prologue (ie; I jumped platforms and swung across  the lanterns without falling at all --- something I've oddly had trouble with  -- and I didn't get caught once at the Forsaken Fortress -- though I almost did and the way the screen alerts you always gives my heart a jump).

Needless to say (but I will): It looks pretty freaking beautiful and hope we'll see other HD remasters of old GC titles because that era had some gems.

How do I add you all as friends??? D:
...if you wanted...

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6344 on: November 17, 2013, 12:24:17 PM »

How do I add you all as friends??? D:
...if you wanted...

You just gotta input their NNID (their Nintendo Name, basically) in the Friends section of the Home button menu, and they have to input yours. I believe they'll get a request if they have Miiverse on, but I'm not sure since I've had Miiverse blocked this whole time.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: