Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 12:17:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318968 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 355811 times)
Annubis

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6345 on: November 17, 2013, 06:32:34 PM »

Playing some Path of Exile ladder this weekend.
The different kind of activities are actually pretty fun.

I'm flabbergasted by how good some people are.
For example, the 1 hour solo race yesterday, I finished lvl 7 while the winner finished level 23 (!) IN ONE HOUR!
I still got some points though, so I'm happy.

I'm looking forward to 9PM for the endless ledge... which is pretty much that.
Endless single path with random ever stronger enemies.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6346 on: November 17, 2013, 11:43:23 PM »

Hardwar - I think it just hates Intel HD chipsets or Windows 7. Works fine on my XP laptop. Works fine on my XP desktop. Doesn't work on my W7 laptop.

ETS2 - Okay for some reason the textures look really bad after installing some updates and the expansion, none of my internet radio stations are connecting, and I can't get the air brake pressure to increase. :(((((((

Terranigma - I made Australia grow. I guess I can go to the final dungeon now. hm. I should go play some games I'm not almost finished with.

@ Dice:

Congrats on the Wii U, now go buy some TG16 games on the virtual console and appreciate how a Wii U costs like half the less than a working TurboDuo :Vvvv GATES OF THUNDERRRRR

--- edit ---

OKay some windows update was making everything scale to desktop res, which was breaking ETS2's textures for some reason???? Whatever it's fixed now.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 01:29:13 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6347 on: November 18, 2013, 12:33:19 AM »

I got a Wii U!  I traded in a bunch of stuff and got it for less than $100.  The Wind Waker bundle as well.

I've played the beginning of WW dozens of times, but this was the first time I did a "perfect run" of the prologue (ie; I jumped platforms and swung across  the lanterns without falling at all --- something I've oddly had trouble with  -- and I didn't get caught once at the Forsaken Fortress -- though I almost did and the way the screen alerts you always gives my heart a jump).

Needless to say (but I will): It looks pretty freaking beautiful and hope we'll see other HD remasters of old GC titles because that era had some gems.

How do I add you all as friends??? D:
...if you wanted...

Congrats Dice.

I'm holding off on getting one until Nintendo or Atlus starts talking about SMTxFE and/or Monolithsoft or Nintendo starts talking about X again.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6348 on: November 18, 2013, 12:54:31 AM »

I don't care how old I get, there's nothing that brings me back to childhood more than opening up a new console.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6349 on: November 18, 2013, 01:33:19 AM »

I don't care how old I get, there's nothing that brings me back to childhood more than opening up a new console.

I love the experience of turning it on for the first time (or I did; now it's like an hour of updates and other initializations as I eagerly wait to *actually* start playing; I feel almost like a dog waiting for a meal).

Thanks for all the kind responses.  I'm sure it'll be a fine system.  The lack of stuff doesn't bug me too much since:
(a) I only paid between $50-100 for the thing
(b) Classics! 
(c) ???
(d) Smash-y.

So long as a few of the main Nintendo titles come up, I'll be happy.  "X" too.  *shrug*.

I'm planning on a PS4, but maybe in about a year when reports of defective hardware and the initial 'craze' dies down.  ..and, y'know, some actual titles come out.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6350 on: November 18, 2013, 01:44:30 AM »

I wonder if the new Mario can be played online or if it's all local only.

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6351 on: November 18, 2013, 02:59:19 AM »

Dice - Congrats on being a WiiU owner.  I was an early adopter so I am happy others are finally picking it up.  I am not sure what kind of games outside RPGs you play, but I do recommend Lego City Undercover.  I thought it was fun and pretty humorous. 

So I finally did some pc gaming and finished 3 adventure games I stopped playing for one reason or another.  I will definitely have to pick up Dark Eye's sequel during a sale.  Red Johnson Chronicles had piss poor controls on the pc.  I can't tell you how many times I died/failed because it didn't recognize my mouse movements.  This game had to have been designed for consoles and ported to the PC.  Bleh.

Currently Playing:  Fate/Extra, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Thief
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6352 on: November 18, 2013, 12:00:37 PM »

I love this place. We congratulate new console owners like actual adults congratulate people on having a baby

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6353 on: November 18, 2013, 01:45:27 PM »

At least it's not like we were planning on throwing Dice a console shower

...anymore.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6354 on: November 18, 2013, 04:01:20 PM »

Got a bit further in Deus Ex. Having a great time so far. Neverwinter Nights is fun but not really feeling it at the moment. Probably going to come back to it later.

Tried out two other games I got in the sale. I know how everyone says Baldur's Gate is great but I don't really see it yet. I am only in the beginning so hopefully it picks up soon.

System Shock 2 is awesome but hard as fuck. I don't know if modern FPS games have spoiled me or I just suck but I seem to be constantly dying. Atmosphere is great and the game is constantly ca\using me to panic.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6355 on: November 18, 2013, 07:49:01 PM »

Got a bit further in Deus Ex. Having a great time so far. Neverwinter Nights is fun but not really feeling it at the moment. Probably going to come back to it later.

Tried out two other games I got in the sale. I know how everyone says Baldur's Gate is great but I don't really see it yet. I am only in the beginning so hopefully it picks up soon.

System Shock 2 is awesome but hard as fuck. I don't know if modern FPS games have spoiled me or I just suck but I seem to be constantly dying. Atmosphere is great and the game is constantly ca\using me to panic.

SS2 gets easier when you get the laser rifle. I also recommend that ADAOB mod since the RPG mechanics are kind of unbalanced in the base game. also it's a lot harder if you're psionics, because psionics are sort of useless.

I never got into BG2. It's hard and it's hard to keep track of and you sort of have to be a bit familiar with AD&D rules to get the most out of it. I liked Planescape Torment a lot more once it got going, and I feel like Temple of Elemental Evil just has better combat mechanics than BG2.

I don't think NWN was very good.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6356 on: November 18, 2013, 07:56:19 PM »

SS2 gets easier when you get the laser rifle. I also recommend that ADAOB mod since the RPG mechanics are kind of unbalanced in the base game. also it's a lot harder if you're psionics, because psionics are sort of useless.

I never got into BG2. It's hard and it's hard to keep track of and you sort of have to be a bit familiar with AD&D rules to get the most out of it. I liked Planescape Torment a lot more once it got going, and I feel like Temple of Elemental Evil just has better combat mechanics than BG2.

I don't think NWN was very good.

I think my main problem in SS2 is I chose OSA. I know you are not locked in a class but I kind of used my first upgrades on their skills. Not that I even have any guns yet.

Playing BG1 so no idea on the quality of 2.

I haven't got that far in NWN but it seems decent so far. Only just left the academy though.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6357 on: November 18, 2013, 07:56:45 PM »

The first Baldur's Gate was pretty rough around the edges.  You do have to remember that it was Bioware's first game.  Like, ever.  There's a lot of empty wilderness and difficulty spikes.  And the narrative slows down a lot in spots.  Though it did introduce Minsc, so it's not like it's all bad ;)

I actually used a save game hack to make all my character overpowered to get through the last bit of it because I had just about had enough by that point...

I think Baldur's Gate 2 was a dramatic improvement in pretty much every regard.

Annubis

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6358 on: November 18, 2013, 08:49:02 PM »

Actually, psionic isn't that bad in SS2. The marine is the worst I find.

For psionic, healing and attacks are all you'll want. All those little 'could be nice' are pretty useless in the end.

Here's a little something that might help you. If I'm not talking about a weapon, it's because it sucks and you don't need to raise that type any higher. You can always raise them more for the extra damage (like heavy to 2 is really cheap).

Standard
- 3 for shotguns
- 6 for assault rifle

Energy
- 1 for Energy pistol
- 4 for rapier (not really good, but still better than the wrench)
- 6 for EMP rifle

Heavy
- 1 for grenade launcher

Exotic
- 1 for crystal shard (research 4 too)

Since ammo isn't too common, you'll want to keep a melee weapon. The wrench is that weapon for a long time. If you go for energy you can upgrade with the rapier early enough, but if not, you'll have to make due until you get the crystal shard.
I highly recommend the crystal shard and even raising exotic to 3 for the bonus damage (3 is still pretty cheap too). It is by far one of the best weapon in the game and it saves you ammo.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6359 on: November 19, 2013, 03:04:55 PM »

I'm sad to say how much I'm loving the graphic enhancement on Wind Waker HD ...that is to say: the bloom effect.  And I kinda wish more HD games would add it for that same 'kick', I feel like it adds a nice (almost literal) gloss to old work.

I also feel like I didn't appreciate this game as much as I did when I was a kid.  I love looking at the character models and animations for one and I'm definitely loving that, despite the overworld being a giant body of water, there's a lot happening anyways.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: