Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 03:21:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334802 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 428575 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6375 on: November 21, 2013, 08:00:20 PM »

I have a weird love/hate relationship with Japanese pop idol dancing.

EDIT: shit page'd Mesh.

Finally got Shimakaze in KanColle.  She's pretty rare and I've been trying for a long time...

Yeah, this is all I play these days...

So, are you starting to feel sexual attraction for boats yet?

Buuuurniiiing Loooooove!

Arragh! I just realized what the hell this is.

Got Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds.

= Goddammit Nintendo... I'LL STOP PLAYING WHEN I WANT TO STOP.  THANK YOU.

I really hope this isn't what I think it is.... :ohdear:

What was the thing you were thinking it was before it weren't?

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6376 on: November 21, 2013, 08:01:05 PM »

Finally got Shimakaze in KanColle.  She's pretty rare and I've been trying for a long time...

Buuuurniiiing Loooooove!

= Goddammit Nintendo... I'LL STOP PLAYING WHEN I WANT TO STOP.  THANK YOU.

A pop-up asking you if you want to take a break every hour or so  I imagine.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6377 on: November 21, 2013, 08:31:18 PM »

Finally got Shimakaze in KanColle.  She's pretty rare and I've been trying for a long time...

Buuuurniiiing Loooooove!

= Goddammit Nintendo... I'LL STOP PLAYING WHEN I WANT TO STOP.  THANK YOU.

A pop-up asking you if you want to take a break every hour or so  I imagine.

Yeah basically that, just it prompts you at the loverly Save points.

Anyways, Update:

After the first dungeon of Link Between Worlds, I can say I'm hooked.  The wall merging bit is a sexy gimmick and the puzzles are pretty crafty.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6378 on: November 21, 2013, 08:45:53 PM »

I still don't understand how your source for these games hasn't been fined a gazillion dollars for breaking street dates all the time.

I'm picking my copy up at my store's XB1 midnight release. Also working tomorrow morning so naturally I'll just stay up the rest of the night playing it, will give my own impressions after work tomorrow, hopefully.

Lego Lord of the Rings = 54%, some of the mini-set treasures are REALLY hidden. Having a blast with it, though. The Disco Phial is the single greatest item in the game. "M-m-muster the Rohirin-in-n"

Senran Kagura = This is exactly what I thought it was going to be when I bought it. Silly fanservice and a game that is absolutely wonderful if you're not looking for a challenge but rather something fun to waste time with.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6379 on: November 21, 2013, 09:04:04 PM »

Oh god what did I do

No I mean I was wondering what AEOLUS thought was that was giving him the dread.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6380 on: November 21, 2013, 09:37:24 PM »

Oh god what did I do

No I mean I was wondering what AEOLUS thought was that was giving him the dread.

Starmongoose nailed it.

On that note, @punkygooster: GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!! and into my car.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6381 on: November 21, 2013, 09:53:43 PM »

15 hours into Xenoblade Chronicles and I finally hit a roadblock at Colony 6.
Nevermind. Gave it another shot and kicked Xord's butt. I'm not even sure what I did different, guess I just got lucky. Also, the story is becoming incredibly engrossing. Guess I won't be taking many more breaks from this for a while...

Okay, maybe I'll take a quick break for Assassin's Creed II. I was going to get this for the PS3, but then my PS3 broke. Then I got it for my 360 and my 360 broke. Now I have it for the PS3 and my 360 was fixed that very day. =P I was starting to think this game was cursed, but so far so good. I'm only an hour into the game...and it would probably be 30 minutes if I didn't get chased around by guards constantly. Seriously, is everybody in this country supposed to be super athletic or something? Because I can understand the assassin being able to do awesome parkour moves and climb up buildings in ways that would make Spider-Man jealous, but I sure as hell didn't expect the guards to be climbing up right after me. I guess the assassins and the guards all have the same personal trainer. =P

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6382 on: November 21, 2013, 09:58:24 PM »

Bought the remake of FFIII, it's alright but it's a lot slower than it should do for a basic turn-based RPG. There's so many unnecessary short pauses that it ends up feeling pretty sluggish.

You start a battle - the camera pans around to show you the enemies. You select attack - the camera moves again, and there's another brief pause. And another pause before the enemy attacks. And yet another pause before the menu comes back up.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6383 on: November 21, 2013, 10:36:07 PM »

Bought the remake of FFIII, it's alright but it's a lot slower than it should do for a basic turn-based RPG. There's so many unnecessary short pauses that it ends up feeling pretty sluggish.

You start a battle - the camera pans around to show you the enemies. You select attack - the camera moves again, and there's another brief pause. And another pause before the enemy attacks. And yet another pause before the menu comes back up.

That's seriously every Square game for the last god knows how long :T

What really bugs me with FF3DS is the relative dearth of save points. Especially since it's a bit on the hard side and dungeons are long (and my copy was prone to crashing from contact grodeness).

o/` I do not dream o/`

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6384 on: November 21, 2013, 10:58:52 PM »

That's seriously every Square game for the last god knows how long :T

What really bugs me with FF3DS is the relative dearth of save points. Especially since it's a bit on the hard side and dungeons are long (and my copy was prone to crashing from contact grodeness).

Nothing like getting to B5 of a dungeon only to get killed by a frog monster.  I quit the game after that, it was getting harder and harder and less and less interesting

FF8 was a game I found simply exhausting because you had to deal with that zoom in, zoom out, camera pan 1, camera pan 2 type of battle INTRO.  Quistis also takes just too damn long to hit things with her whip (not in one shot, but across many attacks over the course of the game THAT SH*T ADDS UP.).

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6385 on: November 21, 2013, 11:02:52 PM »

Yeah, the animations and lack of save points were a pain, but I still loved FF3 despite that. That said, I didn't find it very hard until the final dungeon, and I didn't even grind. Maybe it was just because I went out of my way to explore every inch of everything?

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6386 on: November 21, 2013, 11:45:07 PM »

It's not so much that FF3 is hard all the time, it just... cheap shots you.

Anyway I was playing ETS2 and went to Bratislava, which I think is from the going east DLC. Or if not the area around it was spruced up a lot ANYWAY holy damn the new areas are detailed and interesting.

I do not get the new air brake simulation though. My pressure never seems to go back up. Hhh.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6387 on: November 22, 2013, 12:44:37 AM »

Say what you will about the DS remake of FF3, but at least it had the decency to tone down some of the original's bullshit like the Salamander fight, the Garuda fight, the Cave of Ancients/Cave of Darkness, and so on. Too bad they pretty much had to since they nerfed the shit out of the later jobs (although Sage is still the definitive magic using job in the game, you'll just want to pair it with a Devout instead of a second Sage; but Ninja isn't really worth it anymore since they're made of glass, you're better off with a Dark Knight and whatever you've been using since the Water Crystal and/or Onion Knight).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6388 on: November 22, 2013, 01:25:45 AM »

has anyone played the old Blade Runner PC game?
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6389 on: November 22, 2013, 04:14:19 PM »

Anyways, Update:

After the first dungeon of Link Between Worlds, I can say I'm hooked.  The wall merging bit is a sexy gimmick and the puzzles are pretty crafty.

The puzzles really are pretty dubious and I like the fact that any hand-holding the game offers is entirely voluntary. Dungeons are a fantastic mix of those dubious puzzles, clever traps, and the occasional secret room. A lot of reviews I've read have called it a mediocre Zelda title, but I'd go so far as to say it lives up to it's predecessor exceptionally well.

I love the remastered music tracks, like for the Lost Woods and Light Dungeon themes (OMG if they have a remastered version of the Dark Woods, I will cry golden tears of happiness)
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: