Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 12:38:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327543 Posts in 13410 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 387461 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6405 on: November 26, 2013, 09:55:13 AM »

I am currently working on 13 different games at the moment, not including FFXIV and other MMO-type games I play. It would probably be faster to get through my backlog by playing one game at a time, but I get bored easily (which is why I have such an enormous backlog to begin with)

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6406 on: November 26, 2013, 10:02:55 AM »

I defeated Shadar in Ni No Kuni.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6407 on: November 27, 2013, 09:32:39 PM »

Super Mario U is fun as hell. Between this and the Raymen it's nice having some good platformers
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6408 on: November 28, 2013, 03:12:24 AM »

SMG - Got some more stars. Level design still feels inconsistent to me. Like, the third star in Beach Bowl Galaxy involves some fairly interesting... I don't want to say platforming, but trap navigation. It's neat. But the second start just involves grabbing a golden shell that's basically in plain sight, and the first one isn't much more interesting than that. And this is in the third observatory, so why am I getting these things that are less ornate than the first galaxy?

LttP: Got the The Flash Medallion and Cane of Blepharospasms. 

Hitogata Happa: Got to the second level. The central mechanic of this game appears to be charging up a meter and then suicide against bosses. Which is hard to do because they keep shooting at you. Stressful, but neat. Reminds me of hellsinker in a lot of ways.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6409 on: November 29, 2013, 06:22:48 PM »

After 90+ hours, I'm a little burnt out on Pokemon Y.  Man, I haven't spent that much time with an RPG since Persona 3. 

I'm dabbling with Style Savvy: Trendsetter right now.  It was recommended to me because I loved the fashionista aspect of Pokemon Y and I dug the demos.  Man, this is a surprisingly robust management game.  If you enjoyed Recettear, this comes recommended.  Sure there's no dungeon crawling and some of the characters are vapid, but the game is addicting.  Definitely try the demos.

I'm such a girl.

I approve of this nonsense!
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6410 on: November 29, 2013, 07:41:44 PM »

Started Castlevania Symphony of the Night this week and almost done with it. Always a pleasure to play through this game!

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6411 on: November 29, 2013, 11:34:21 PM »

I am a sucker for sales so I bought 2 yrs of Playstation Plus for $60.  I am about to sign up and download Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen.  Now I can finally experience why many were disappointed Deep Down wasn't DD's sequel.  This also means I am going to be distracted and will probably never finish DQIX.  I always lose interest when I have to grind in those games.

Apparently due to high traffic the redeem code function was temporarily suspended.  This better be fixed before DD disappears.

Question for those that have Playstation Plus.  Can I "purchase" the free games they offer for the vita and ps4 even though I don't own them yet?  I plan on getting them both in a few years, and I want to be able to play the free games ps+ offers.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 12:25:38 AM by CluelessWonder » Logged

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6412 on: November 30, 2013, 02:10:07 AM »

Question for those that have Playstation Plus.  Can I "purchase" the free games they offer for the vita and ps4 even though I don't own them yet?  I plan on getting them both in a few years, and I want to be able to play the free games ps+ offers.

For the Vita, certainly.  Lot's of people have done just that.  I'm not totally clear on how this works for PS4 games and I've heard conflicting things.  Certainly they're not listed in the PS3 store (which makes sense, Vita games are only listed because you can download them to a PS3 and then transfer them over to the Vita).  But you might be able to do it from the web store?  I really should try that out myself...

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6413 on: November 30, 2013, 08:03:19 AM »

For the Vita, certainly.  Lot's of people have done just that.  I'm not totally clear on how this works for PS4 games and I've heard conflicting things.  Certainly they're not listed in the PS3 store (which makes sense, Vita games are only listed because you can download them to a PS3 and then transfer them over to the Vita).  But you might be able to do it from the web store?  I really should try that out myself...
I was just on the web store and I was able to see the PS4 titles in the PS Plus section. I have a PS4, but I assume that it would work even minus that.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6414 on: November 30, 2013, 08:48:36 AM »

I was just on the web store and I was able to see the PS4 titles in the PS Plus section. I have a PS4, but I assume that it would work even minus that.

I don't own a PS4 but adding them from the web store seemed to work for me.  I have been also adding Vita games from the ps3 for when I get a Vita.

Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6415 on: November 30, 2013, 10:27:56 PM »

Still doing my thing in Style Savvy: Trendsetters (my boutique's growing and I won two fashion shows), while occasionally firing up Pokemon Y to try and exchange PR videos with passerby.  I've sunk about 95 hours into Pokemon Y.  

Looks like my go-to name for a female character in most any game will be Cresta (Dinn if a last name is required)... unless it's set in Japan, in which case she will be Sayori (Hatanaka if a last name is required).  And any Japanese dude will be Yuuya (Narumi if a last name is required.) 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 10:39:00 PM by Dincrest » Logged

I approve of this nonsense!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6416 on: November 30, 2013, 10:44:59 PM »

Been playing some Soul Sacrifice since it was free. I don't really see how my friend got so obsessed with this game. The controls are pretty clunky, the combat is a bit generic and boring, the missions are set in very plain stages with deceptively gorgeous decor, and as far as I can tell thus far, the story is a mess. I might play a couple more missions to see if it gets better but so far I am not impressed.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6417 on: December 01, 2013, 03:31:53 AM »

I finally managed to finish Soul Hackers this weekend - that last boss was irritating.

I also finished Ni No Kuni. I completely disagree with the RPGFan article about it. NNK was everything I was looking for and was missing from this gen. It was a real breath of fresh air.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6418 on: December 01, 2013, 11:46:23 AM »

played almost all of Super Mario U 4player last night. I love picking up Toad and just tossing him to his deserved death
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6419 on: December 01, 2013, 05:08:20 PM »

I'm liiking FFIII a lot more now that I found that the version I have (PSP) has an auto-battle feature - it repeats your last action and can be turned on and off at any time, and it speeds up all the animations. My main complaint is gone, and it's about as quick as SMT Nocturne or DDS now.
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: