Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 10:22:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329297 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 396933 times)
Elegance

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6465 on: December 08, 2013, 05:54:09 PM »

Finally finished the DLC case for Dual Destinies.  If anyone is still on the fence, just get it; its 100% worth it. 

Been logging in a lot of hours into SMT IV.  I'm really enjoying the exploration aspect of it more than I expected.  Also on the 3DS doing a little Resident Evil Revelations and Senran Kagura.

I started Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.  I went in knowing it was going to be nothing like Castlevania, but I'm still not that into it.  The combat is decent and the game looks beautiful (especially the illustrations in the menus), but the titan fights are horrendous and overall it feels uninspired and boring.  I may just still be bitter about Konami rebooting the series though.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6466 on: December 09, 2013, 06:39:10 AM »

So I'm an hour into Kingdom Hearts.

The camera is terrible. The platforming is annoying. The music is atrocious.

I'm on my second pointless fetch quest and I'm already ready to throw in the towel.

Does it get better?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6467 on: December 09, 2013, 07:58:26 AM »

I'm on my second pointless fetch quest and I'm already ready to throw in the towel.

Does it get better?

Besides thinking the music is terrible (hopefully other islands get better): No.

At least I don't think so and I'm a decent enough fan of the series.

There are fun parts, but for the most part, the first title is sort of annoying,  It's that annoying kid at a party that just ain't got nothing on his bigger bro (KHII) and sis (KHBBS) and awkward but cool cousin (3DS).

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6468 on: December 09, 2013, 08:09:14 AM »

That is shitty to hear.

I'm in the world with the districts now. I'm running around trying to find Donald and Goofy and all I'm doing is getting constantly attacked by those stupid black shadows. That's one of my biggest pet peeves. If I'm trying to do something or find the next place to go, *don't* interrupt me with constant random battles that prevent me from doing what I want to. It's incredibly irksome. This game is checking all my negative boxes all at once.

Edit - I gave up after three hours. I just couldn't take any more.

At least instead of saying I refuse to play KH because I hate Disney, I can at least honestly say I tried KH and it was just a shitty game.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 08:37:27 AM by Lard » Logged

natros

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6469 on: December 09, 2013, 10:07:12 AM »

Finished GTA V storyline. I don't know if it's because I really enjoyed the game, or it's actually the case, but the storyline here felt much shorter than San Andreas and GTA IV. Didn't seem like there were as many missions here as there are in the aforementioned titles... Maybe it's because there are 3 playable characters this time around, and it's spread out? I don't know, but I certainly didn't get my fill. There definitely aren't enough heist missions... I think a lot more could have been done with that. I suppose this lack of a beefy story mode is due to a heavier focus on online play (which I'm personally not at all into). Oh well. I have no regrets in purchasing at full price. It's a fantastic game. I'll come back and do some of the extra stuff later on.

Anyway, this longing for more sandbox action brought me back to a game I never finished, but absolutely enjoy: Just Cause 2. I forgot how bad ass Rico is, and how fun it is to rampage the land with the assistance of the all-too-awesome grappling hook mechanic. Incredibly fun stuff. I'm mostly done with the storyline, but there is still plenty to do.

Played a little Amalur over the weekend as well. Just to get re-associated with the control scheme, as I plan on balancing it and JC2. Gotta finish more games. Too much back log goin on.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6470 on: December 09, 2013, 04:17:29 PM »

Does it get better?

Besides thinking the music is terrible (hopefully other islands get better): No.

At least I don't think so and I'm a decent enough fan of the series.

There are fun parts, but for the most part, the first title is sort of annoying,  It's that annoying kid at a party that just ain't got nothing on his bigger bro (KHII) and sis (KHBBS) and awkward but cool cousin (3DS).

The one thing the first game has over later games is that you don't need a power point presentation to understand what the fuck's going on.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6471 on: December 09, 2013, 04:24:27 PM »

I hate what KH: BBS did to the plot of the original. Playing it now there are so many things that just don't work with the changes they made in Birth by Sleep. The worst being everyone who was present in Birth by Sleep talking about Sora as the chosen wielder of the one and only keyblade.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6472 on: December 09, 2013, 04:29:40 PM »

Atelier Totori
At what appears to be the last boss with about a year and a half left.

Started up Mana Khemia
I caught up to the ruins where I had previously left off years ago. Muppy, where have you been all my life ~ <3

I love how the game makes you interested in NPCs. They have their own little stories rather than their entire life being centred around you.
Nemu + Riggs 4eva

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6473 on: December 09, 2013, 05:10:52 PM »

Evidently there is a trophy glitch in the Hoarder trophy in dead Island Riptide...somewhat aggravating considering I logged @4 extra hours searching for the damn things.

Everything's Eventual
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6474 on: December 09, 2013, 05:16:59 PM »

I hate what KH: BBS did to the plot of the original. Playing it now there are so many things that just don't work with the changes they made in Birth by Sleep. The worst being everyone who was present in Birth by Sleep talking about Sora as the chosen wielder of the one and only keyblade.

I feel there's a ton of weirdo parallels between Kingdom Hearts and Star Wars, so I just kinda ride it out.
I wouldn't be surprised if Sora's dad comes out with spikier hair and as the final villain.

I did like how BBS was otherwise a downer ending; I thought that was pretty bold and makes going to the Keyblade Graveyard a pretty interesting event for the three characters.... (though in conjunction with what Aeo said, it's kind of hard to follow what the titty-twisting-hell happened exactly)

And yeah, the whole "Sora" as said by everyone was kinda lame, especially since the kid is hardly fleshed out as anything more than a do-gooder chosen for some inexplicable reason... and especially since our Square-Disneyworld Saviour FAILED HIS EXAM.  AHEM... >:(

« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 05:20:25 PM by Dice » Logged

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6475 on: December 09, 2013, 05:23:58 PM »

I feel there's a ton of weirdo parallels between Kingdom Hearts and Star Wars, so I just kinda ride it out.
I wouldn't be surprised if Sora's dad comes out with spikier hair and as the final villain.

So Sora's dad = Ansem? I suppose we can change it around a bit and call him Mesna or Soransem.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6476 on: December 09, 2013, 05:43:08 PM »

So Sora's dad = Ansem? I suppose we can change it around a bit and call him Mesna or Soransem.

Xxx9999Ansem0013xxX

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6477 on: December 09, 2013, 05:44:58 PM »

Xxx9999Ansem0013xxX

Yeah Klutz is probably closer to the actual thing. xD
Or at FIRST it's Soransem, then it's revealed it's Xxx9999Ansem0013xxX... then it's revealed to be a dog the whole time!!!!!!

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6478 on: December 09, 2013, 07:00:16 PM »

The one thing the first game has over later games is that you don't need a power point presentation to understand what the fuck's going on.

Well the game started and I was thinking : "Where the fuck are they? Spira? Why is Wakka there? Why is Tidus mentioned? Is KH1 part of FFX?"

It just seemed utterly pointless to include Wakka in the first part of the game.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6479 on: December 09, 2013, 09:41:24 PM »

I'm kind of surprised but there are a goddamn ton of 3DS eShop/VC games I want. I mean ffs I know I have them in Shenmue but maybe if I buy 3D Space Harrier and Hang On Sega will release more Atlus stuff in the US????

Anyway.

AWLDP - Doing Hera's Tower. I really like how this looks. I'm also surprised at how much... three-dimensional gameplay there is, both in terms of z-axis stuff and wall crawling, considering that this is essentially a 2D Zelda.

Jamestown - Beat Level 1 on, uh, the third difficulty and Level 4 on the second difficulty. This still feels weirdly slight to me. I'll need to try Gauntlet mode. Also WTF at the DLC not adding any new levels?

Various - Mess variously around in SMTIV, Kid Icarus, and Fire Emblem just to make sure they worked.

Real life - Considering brewing rye bread in my french press because I am a sociopath.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: