Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 03:52:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341075 Posts in 13940 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 454444 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6540 on: December 18, 2013, 07:54:59 PM »

I think the 3DS has caused me to transcend dimensions and Euclidean geometry. Whenever I look at 2d pictures they appear 3d. 

Speak like a normal person, who do you think you are, MeshGearFox?

Iiiin all seriousness, after playing for the 3D effect on for awhile, I actually do start thinking 3D images are 2D.

It's probably like that thing where you stare at a spinning wheel and then look at your hand and your hand is wiggling.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6541 on: December 18, 2013, 08:03:21 PM »

I think the 3DS has caused me to transcend dimensions and Euclidean geometry. Whenever I look at 2d pictures they appear 3d. 

Speak like a normal person, who do you think you are, MeshGearFox?

Iiiin all seriousness, after playing for the 3D effect on for awhile, I actually do start thinking 3D images are 2D.

It's probably like that thing where you stare at a spinning wheel and then look at your hand and your hand is wiggling.

I don't notice the "3D" in 3D movies after the first half hour unless they pull one of those "coming at the camera" moments

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6542 on: December 18, 2013, 10:35:05 PM »

Beat 3D Land. Lots of fun and some awesome levels.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6543 on: December 19, 2013, 01:04:28 AM »

So I found the three tears and beat
Code:
Elisabeth's mom
in Bioshock Infinite.

How far along am I, out of curiosity?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6544 on: December 19, 2013, 06:47:17 AM »

Been playing Mega Man X since I got it on the eshop for 2 dollars. 6 bosses down 2 more to go.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6545 on: December 19, 2013, 12:09:11 PM »

Having started in the library at 9:00 last night, I finally finished 999 at 1 a.m. That was a looooong ending. I liked it though, very sweet and very mind-bending. It's a bit of a paradox: if I had known the plot involved... well, the things it involved... I would have played it a lot sooner, but then the discovery of the truth would not have been nearly as thrilling. Now I just have to somehow hold myself back from diving right into VLR until I've gotten a couple more games off my plate.
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6546 on: December 19, 2013, 04:34:22 PM »

Having started in the library at 9:00 last night, I finally finished 999 at 1 a.m. That was a looooong ending. I liked it though, very sweet and very mind-bending. It's a bit of a paradox: if I had known the plot involved... well, the things it involved... I would have played it a lot sooner, but then the discovery of the truth would not have been nearly as thrilling. Now I just have to somehow hold myself back from diving right into VLR until I've gotten a couple more games off my plate.

Klutz, you are killing it with gaming accomplishments lately judging from the gaming journal here. I wish I could say I was moving along at your pace with Suikoden 2 but my story advancing is interrupted with my constant feeling that I am "missing" something. Seriously... I spent like 4 hours straight last night looking for recruits.... I WILL HAVE 108 stars dammit!

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6547 on: December 19, 2013, 04:39:49 PM »

My motivation has been a tally I've been keeping lately of the games I've bought vs. the games I've completed. Been focusing on some of the shorter titles in my backlog to keep the tally at least fairly even.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6548 on: December 19, 2013, 08:30:28 PM »

Been doing post-game content in Muramasa Rebirth.  Looks like I'll actually add another game to the "finished" pile this year...

Also started playing KanColle again.  I quit it cold turkey a few weeks ago when I was trying to finish up my dissertation and prepare for my defense but now the bug has bit me again.  Maybe I won't get much else done this year...

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6549 on: December 20, 2013, 12:28:40 AM »

So yeah, GTAV Online with my brother is like, the best thing ever. He randomly got $300 Million dollars from a hacker, so he's just been spending money on random things. We played for 3 straight hours today. In this session we:

• Bought a Bike and rode it up a bunch of mountains, occasionally up near-vertical slopes and off cliffs (only to somehow survive)
  • I blew up the bike. In an effort to find a new car, I ran out into the middle of nowhere.
  • Got landed on by a random helicopter, which sparked a gang war. In the middle of nowhere.
  • Bought a fancy car to look for train tracks
  • Repeatedly got lost and crashed into things until the car was undriveable...at which point we found the train tracks.
  • Said train tracks were right next to a Dump/Race Track, so we bought several Giant Dump Trucks in an effort to see what would win: Dump Truck, or train?
  • After multiple tries and repeated assualts from police and player killers, we determined that the train wins every time.
  • Then we bought a jet ski, but it was at the harbor, which was very far away.
  • Then a random user came out of nowhere and chauffeured us all the way to the harbor, destroying every pole-like object in his wake.
  • He even got on the Jet Ski with us, so we decided to repay his kindness by taking the beaching the Jet Ski in a random area and seeing what he does.
  • What he did was follow us like a dog. He went where we went, jumped off bridges when we jumped, threw grenades when we accidentally threw grenades and almost killed ourselves. It was great. We had a real connection.
  • Then we bought a plane since we were right by the airport, in which case our friend shot us and stole our plane. It's like the story of old Yeller, if Yeller had the gun. And stole our plane.
  • We then bought another plane, which we used so we could parashoot onto a tall building and start randomly putting hits out on people, where no one could get us.
  • Then we got bored and jumped off the building.

And those are just the highlights. It was a very fun night.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6550 on: December 20, 2013, 01:47:32 PM »

^awesome

The special levels in S. Mario 3D Land are insane. After you beat the game you unlock another 8 worlds. So far I played two stages and in the 1st one you get the legit Tanooki suit replete with statue ability. In the 2nd one a weird little poison ghost mario is chasing you throughout trying to kill you. At the end you get a star and murder that fuck.

I have 130+ lives at this point. I wonder how rough things get?
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6551 on: December 20, 2013, 02:03:08 PM »

Reminds me of Catherine where I had 90-something lives... and lost like 70-something of them on the last stage.

(For my defense, I was dead tired... just wanted to finish the game... and I didn't want to 'lose' to the game)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6552 on: December 20, 2013, 10:08:53 PM »

^awesome

The special levels in S. Mario 3D Land are insane. After you beat the game you unlock another 8 worlds. So far I played two stages and in the 1st one you get the legit Tanooki suit replete with statue ability. In the 2nd one a weird little poison ghost mario is chasing you throughout trying to kill you. At the end you get a star and murder that fuck.

I have 130+ lives at this point. I wonder how rough things get?

Yoda quit making me want to buy stuff that I can afford but don't have the time or mental real-estate for :(

Anyway I got up to level 5 of the Africa route in Super Hang On. 4 was a lot easier than 3. I reeeeally want Outrun 2006 now, these kind of games are fun :(

Also found some mini wall squids in Zelda.

--- edit ---

I got the IREM Arcade Classics pack from Greenman because I like R-Type Leo and Gallop and wanted to have legit copies of them. Problems?

Th sound emulation is screwed up. A lot. And Dotemu never provided a patch which they were, uh, promising to provide. Yeeeeah.

Meanwhile whatever emulator Sega's using for their Genesis games on steam is fine. Maybe less than robust in some ways but it's not /broken/ at all.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 07:28:20 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6553 on: December 21, 2013, 01:14:49 AM »

Eventually you unlock Luigi. He's got a faster run and bigger jump but not the floaty kind of jump
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6554 on: December 21, 2013, 09:29:05 PM »

Finally made it through that volcano. I had to do a lot of grinding and side quests to get through it, but at least I was rewarded with a whole mess of Familiars...most of whom are kinda useless. Got some trophies, too, which is nice. Now to get a boat...after I do one or two last bounty quests...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: