Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 01:48:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329412 Posts in 13493 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 397904 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6795 on: January 14, 2014, 02:04:44 AM »

Ocarina of Time

Link's an asshole.

This is literally how shit went down:

Zelda: *throws shit, grunts, gets taken away on horseback by man servant, Impa*

Link: "Ho shit!  That ocarina is BLUE, son."

*toss Fairy Ocarina from best friend Saria into field like it t'was a pebble in one's shoe*

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6796 on: January 14, 2014, 06:55:06 AM »

So been playing Guided Fate Paradox and I hate wish 4. It is the first one without a break in the middle. So I go through ten floors straight to get to a fight where the goal is to keep an NPC alive. Unfortunately he is freaking weak. Also there is a freaking paralysis causing monster. So yeah, I am not looking forward to trudging through 10 floors for another chance at that. >.>
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6797 on: January 14, 2014, 12:20:22 PM »

Just ordered the 64 59 GB memory card for my Vita.  Such a damned rip off, but I want the space.  I can't believe I'm spending all this money on a portable, but the Vita is seriously awesome.

Though this also means that I have a 32 GB card that will be available to purchase when the new one finally gets here.  For those interested.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6798 on: January 14, 2014, 01:54:07 PM »

Ocarina of Time

Link's an asshole.

This is literally how shit went down:

Zelda: *throws shit, grunts, gets taken away on horseback by man servant, Impa*

Link: "Ho shit!  That ocarina is BLUE, son."

*toss Fairy Ocarina from best friend Saria into field like it t'was a pebble in one's shoe*

That was a running problem with the earlier Zelda games. "Wait! Whadda'ya mean that I've got to dump this lovely Shovel for this measly Flute? What if one of those suspicious looking patches of grass is concealing an entrance to a hidden dungeon? How would I be able to uncover it without the aid of a Shovel?".

That said, you could always turn one of your Bottles into another Fairy Ocarina.

Although given how many female characters try wooing him at one point or another over the course of that game (and how he winds up turning them all down to go look for a fairy in MM), its not surprising he was all "Bitch, please. I ain't got nah need fo dis dumpy Occo-Rina.".

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6799 on: January 14, 2014, 04:55:21 PM »

Eternal Sonata - Given up for today after six failed attempts to defeat Fugue. What a fair fight, where he can run behind a party member to OHKO them without a chance of blocking, and then gets two turns in a row so he can do it all over again.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6800 on: January 14, 2014, 09:36:09 PM »

I was going to buy Xilia for $10, but thought better of it. Why bother? I'll never get to it anyway. And if I DID make time for a long rpg, I would go with Xenoblade.
So I ended up buying Rain for $3.75. I'm really intrigued by it, and just couldn't pass it up.
Need to finish up 999 first, though.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6801 on: January 14, 2014, 09:38:52 PM »

I've told myself to just stop buying games until I've cleared up some of my backlog but the deals on Rain and Puppeteer are just too damn good...

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6802 on: January 14, 2014, 09:54:38 PM »

I was going to buy Xilia for $10, but thought better of it. Why bother? I'll never get to it anyway. And if I DID make time for a long rpg, I would go with Xenoblade.
So I ended up buying Rain for $3.75. I'm really intrigued by it, and just couldn't pass it up.
Need to finish up 999 first, though.

I'm a Tales whore and I fully endorse this decision.... please don't make that my title there though, just "trying" to be funny.

I really want to play rain, but I'm being super careful of what I charge.  Lemme know if that one is good.

I've told myself to just stop buying games until I've cleared up some of my backlog but the deals on Rain and Puppeteer are just too damn good...

Shit, I really want Puppeteer too....

*logs on to PSN?*

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6803 on: January 14, 2014, 10:34:22 PM »

Eternal Sonata - Given up for today after six failed attempts to defeat Fugue. What a fair fight, where he can run behind a party member to OHKO them without a chance of blocking, and then gets two turns in a row so he can do it all over again.

That fight can be unforgiving if it's your first time playing. Who's your team and are you playing aggressively or defensively? I always found getting in his face and learning his attack patterns to defend was my best chance on fighting him. If I recall, my team was Polka, Beat and Salsa when I fought him during my playthrough in fall/winter couple of months back. I would not recommend this team unless you can guard most of his attacks. This team only came up because I was doing rotations (I always do rotations when I play a game I've beaten) and I was under leveled (i avoided most battles--also not recommenced).

As for myself in gaming: Playing through Arkham City. Incredibly fun game so far! I believe I'm heading towards the end of the game, so I believe it's time for me to begin all sidequests. :)

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6804 on: January 14, 2014, 10:37:13 PM »

I'm actually doing really good. I'm so far making it through this whole month without buying a single game, and I plan to keep that deal. Next month though, ugh. Lightning Returns, Bravely Default and Professor Layton. I'm even holding fast and waiting to get the new DKC.

Also, gave Fugue one more try and finally beat him by using almost an entire item set to keep my team's health up. Forgot all about Harmony Chains, but I remember them making healing a lot easier and after unlocking them I remember the game getting a bit easier.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I love playing this game a second time and knowing the ending. Everything makes a lot more sense.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6805 on: January 15, 2014, 12:29:09 AM »

So Aksys stealth-launched the first Muramasa Rebirth DLC today.  At least I never heard anything about their release plans until suddenly there it was.  Anyway, I picked it up and it's pretty cool.  The new character plays very differently, adding some much-needed variety to the game.  Though it's still unmistakably Muramasa.  The story seems pretty interesting too, possibly more up my alley than the main game.  Though I am getting a little sick of traveling around the same maps yet again, though at least it looks like there will be less backtracking this time around.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6806 on: January 15, 2014, 01:09:06 AM »

So Aksys stealth-launched the first Muramasa Rebirth DLC today.  At least I never heard anything about their release plans until suddenly there it was.  Anyway, I picked it up and it's pretty cool.  The new character plays very differently, adding some much-needed variety to the game.  Though it's still unmistakably Muramasa.  The story seems pretty interesting too, possibly more up my alley than the main game.  Though I am getting a little sick of traveling around the same maps yet again, though at least it looks like there will be less backtracking this time around.

Given how Vanillaware really takes on a big task with all the hand-drawn art.... I guess it's hard to make a LOT of variety without bringing up costs and development (rather, drawing) time.

But so far, it seems repetitiveness is one of that company's greatest shortcomings.
Odin Sphere, repetitive.
Dragon's Crown, endless play, but lots of same-y maps and character strategy
Grim Grimoire, short.

I'm actually doing really good. I'm so far making it through this whole month without buying a single game, and I plan to keep that deal. Next month though, ugh. Lightning Returns, Bravely Default and Professor Layton. I'm even holding fast and waiting to get the new DKC.

Also, gave Fugue one more try and finally beat him by using almost an entire item set to keep my team's health up. Forgot all about Harmony Chains, but I remember them making healing a lot easier and after unlocking them I remember the game getting a bit easier.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I love playing this game a second time and knowing the ending. Everything makes a lot more sense.

I have to say, as far as anime-styled graphics go, this one attempt from Tri-Crescendo looks better than all of the Tales games on the PS3.  That one dungeon in ES, the mine, is absolutely breathtaking.  The mood and atmosphere in general is really something as well (even the freaking sewers look amazing)

mecharobot

Thunder of the dogs! INDIGNATION

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6807 on: January 15, 2014, 05:45:04 AM »

There are a bunch of issues that made Eternal Sonata not that fun for me to play, but generally the aesthetic is indeed quite good and so is the core battle system. Other issues drain some fun out of the latter though, like low enemy variety, low exp gain, limited access to the combo system and weird positioning that ends up wasting your time. Grinding in this game is the antithesis of fun.

Anyway, I decided to start playing Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Cool stuff, but not at core my kind of game. No complaints really, I've just been used to more handholding games, though I hate to admit it and some OCD tendencies are pestering me to find all secrets. Oh well, as long as I can get through it once that's enough. It shouldn't take too long.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6808 on: January 15, 2014, 06:07:53 AM »

Rain is a short game and it could probably play through it in two, perhaps three sittings. There is some stuff to do after that, but unless you're really into it (or just love trophees), don't bother.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6809 on: January 15, 2014, 09:42:09 AM »

Rain is a short game and it could probably play through it in two, perhaps three sittings. There is some stuff to do after that, but unless you're really into it (or just love trophees), don't bother.
Shortness for me is a positive! Plus, it's uber cheap. If you say 2 or 3 sittings, then it will probably take me double. That's how it always works.
Puppeteer looks pretty interesting as well. Hmmm.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: