Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 01:14:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334550 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 424421 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6900 on: January 25, 2014, 10:06:12 AM »

The weather SUX so Imma just sit inside all day, making Gameshark codes for LoM and, uh, playin' SHMUPS.

Kokuga - I was playing around with boss mod for a bit. The boss fights in this game are super creative. They have this one that's essentially bomberman.

--- edit ---

LoM - Sweet, found the function call that turns on hitstun. Now to see if it makes any changes to RAM that I can patch out with a GS code.

--- edit ---

Narrowed the stuff that turns on hitstun down to a range of 161 instructions. These are within the collision detection code/damage calculation code, and I THINK the thing that would actually process hitstun being in affect would be in whatever code handles enemy actions. Which means that the hitstun setting code would HAVE to write from memory so that the hitstun processing code could read it -- I don't think you could pass the information around strictly using registers.

Which means I need to find every sw instruction in this range, get the address it's writing to, and then use one GameShark code at a time to force these values to be 0 until I find what I want -- which is doable since I'm looking at the, uh, non program ram range.

Unless I'm totally wrong about this in which case my approach will do nothing.

Man I remember when you could buy huge books of Game Genie codes at like BOOKS-A-MILLION. I don't recall the GG having any sort of memory search/debugging tools like later cheating devices had. I wonder if there were just hordes of unpaid interns forced to brute force stuff.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 08:25:08 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6901 on: January 25, 2014, 01:49:23 PM »

Beat the crap out of The Guided Fate Paradox final boss last evening. I liked the gameplay and some of the stories had something worthwhile to say, but the setting was a bit too much. Heavenly butlers? A cruel angel thesis made Sam Riegel god? (Wait, was that a haiku?) Why is Sam Riegel in every game I play anyway?!
Because he is in a tone of games. Comparing my backlist to his credits, he is in 4/7 of the RPGs I own but have yet to play......and I seem to have played 22 games that he has been in. Which I think puts him as being in about 10% of all games that I have owned.....scary.

Yeah, I know. Since spring 2013 I've had this weird combo going on: nearly every significant game with proper voice acting I played had Sam Riegel in it. I think he may be beating the Johnny Yong Bosch combo I had going in 2009-2010. Troy Baker (and his clone, Matt Mercer) has been everywhere as well since then as well.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6902 on: January 27, 2014, 12:15:11 AM »

Euro Truck 2 - Finished trip to Dijon. Got fined for being too tired. Leveled up. Along the way I missed an offramp and had to pull an EPIC U TURN on a highway and god it was hard finding a place without a guardrail to do that.

LoM - The damage calculation function returns to the total damage done. If this is > 0, hit stun and death checks occur.

I feel like I can do anything.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6903 on: January 27, 2014, 12:47:26 AM »

FTL - I've reached the Rebel Flagship probably five or six times, and gotten to its third form twice.  Once with the red version of the starting ship, and once with the Engi donut.  Thing is TOUGH.  I will beat it before 4 in February!  Maybe.  FTL is a pretty neat game. 

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6904 on: January 27, 2014, 04:59:11 AM »

Ys: Oath in Felghana -  You know, I was enjoying myself for a while.  I thought I was doing really well, but then I got to the castle.  Gah!  There is a reason I rarely play platformers.  I totally suck at jumping.  I kid you not, I leveled up after repeatedly falling and having to battle monsters that respawned.  After hours of trying, I finally got that battle sword.  Little did I know it was a sign of things to come.  I hate gears, spears, and platforms that move with weight.  I swear I will probably dream about falling tonight.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6905 on: January 27, 2014, 10:40:25 AM »

Still working on my 3rd playthrough of 999. See how long it takes?!
I just finished the operating room. Took me a minute to figure out the locked box code with the Ammonia, Ethanol, etc.
At this rate I'll get it done by Easter. Yay!

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6906 on: January 27, 2014, 04:59:27 PM »

Started working on Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded again. Was near the end of Olympus Coliseum and was able to finish that up fairly quickly. Then Agrabah was kicking my butt, so I went back and did some "Questploration" in previous worlds to gain another level up chip and some other stat chips. Seems to have done the trick.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6907 on: January 27, 2014, 05:25:26 PM »

Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies

On to the fifth case!
I really liked the fourth chapter for an odd reason: I kinda wish this game had more but shorter chapters as opposed to the really long ones.  But I doubt that's a good use of assets.

I also started up To the Moon because I'm behind on that by years.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6908 on: January 27, 2014, 06:10:57 PM »

Have had Radiant Historia sitting on my shelf for about a year now, decided now was as good a time as any to get into it. Having recently beat FFXIII-2, I figured why not get more time travel!

About 6 hours in, loving it so far. It's really, really, really good. On that note, does anyone else think that Heiss looks like Igor from Persona??
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6909 on: January 27, 2014, 06:55:58 PM »

Man, all I gotta say is that is ANYONE was able to pull off the waiter/waitress mini game in Tales of Vesperia with Raven without using a pen and pad you deserve a medal.

That was tedious even with a pen and pad in hand.

I can happily report I have now acquired everyone's resturaunt service outfits. I feel a wee bit more complete as a person now...

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6910 on: January 27, 2014, 08:01:59 PM »

I can't remember if it was Vesperia or Abyss, but in one of the serving mini-games I was struggling even using pen & paper, and then found out you didn't really have to perform that well to get the outfits and felt like a complete tool.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6911 on: January 27, 2014, 08:24:02 PM »

Sounds like Vesperia.

I should replay that game.
(instead of waiting for the PS3 version for my next run)
Reta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6912 on: January 27, 2014, 08:54:51 PM »

Sora no Kiseki (Trails in the Sky) SC: I'm in Ruan in the first chapter after the prologue (which was excellent). I don't understand everything, but I think I get the gist of things.

Tales of Phantasia: I'm at the end of Thor, which, for the record, has to have the dumbest dungeon gimmick ever conceived. Overall, I've been enjoying the game, though a few parts have been a bit of a drag.

After these, I'll be playing Bravely Default, FF Type-0, Tales of Rebirth, Tales of Innocence R, and Sol Trigger (order undecided).
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6913 on: January 27, 2014, 09:21:17 PM »

I can't remember if it was Vesperia or Abyss, but in one of the serving mini-games I was struggling even using pen & paper, and then found out you didn't really have to perform that well to get the outfits and felt like a complete tool.

I'd venture to guess it was Vesperia as the same thing just happened to me!! LoL

I was so happy to finally get another outfit for Estelle. I like her character enough but her outfit bugged me.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6914 on: January 27, 2014, 09:28:09 PM »

Finished up Mass Effect 3 finally. Bought the PS3 trilogy about 6 months ago and played through the first two back to back, but it took me awhile to come back to 3 because of the huge backlash back when it was released. I can see why too. I'm not going into specifics because it has been beaten to death, but I really loved the game even though the ending is pretty unsatisfying, even with the extended cut. Probably going to do some DLC since I have tomorrow off of work due to weather. After that, waiting on my copy of Bravely Default to come in the mail from my Amazon preorder sometime next week.

Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: