Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 04:06:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331719 Posts in 13581 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 413114 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7005 on: February 08, 2014, 03:10:59 PM »

Finally finished the true ending playthrough of 999. That's some crazy shit, there.

I started up Link Between Worlds, but only played for a half hour. 3d effect is trippy. I have to keep it kind of low.

I'll go back to Brothers, and play through that before anything else.

I'm curious about BD, but I'm not sure I have the time for such a game. Perhaps I'll pick it up in the future when it's half price. Then I won't feel so bad for not playing it.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7006 on: February 08, 2014, 03:19:21 PM »

Finally finished the true ending playthrough of 999. That's some crazy shit, there.

I started up Link Between Worlds, but only played for a half hour. 3d effect is trippy. I have to keep it kind of low.

I'm curious about BD, but I'm not sure I have the time for such a game. Perhaps I'll pick it up in the future when it's half price. Then I won't feel so bad for not playing it.

999 is done and we get ONE SENTENCE?!  Ah well, "trippy" is most definitely the operative word, and on behalf of RPGFan, we're glad you finished it (now do VLR!  It's more convenient on a gamplay level if it helps). :)

LBW, finally for ya!  THe effect is actually kinda helpful when dealing with the perspective (as it would have in ALttP since everything looked so "flat" despite dealing with various levels).  Enjoy, it's brand new yet quite the "blast from the past".

Lemme know how Brothers is (anyone play Rain?).

And BD is good as a proper challenge and an excellent job system.  I know you and I have a problem of time constraints, and I do like how the game handles that by giving you an option to change the difficulty on a whim and adjust the random battle encounter rate (NONE is an option).

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7007 on: February 08, 2014, 04:13:12 PM »

I **love** that BD has an entire menu dedicated to altering the difficulty. Want to level up some jobs without overleveling your characters? Turn off experience! Missed a chest in a dungeon but don't want to go through the hassle of going back to retrieve it? Turn off encounters! Need to grind a bit? Increase encounters!

Such a handy little menu

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7008 on: February 08, 2014, 04:36:12 PM »

I **love** that BD has an entire menu dedicated to altering the difficulty. Want to level up some jobs without overleveling your characters? Turn off experience! Missed a chest in a dungeon but don't want to go through the hassle of going back to retrieve it? Turn off encounters! Need to grind a bit? Increase encounters!

Such a handy little menu

Old classic Final Fantasy (or any old RPG) dilemma: Is ti worth the time and possible random battles to get that chest by the edge of the cliff? 

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7009 on: February 08, 2014, 04:40:12 PM »

Shadow Tower Abyss - Got the blue key in the insect area OH GOD THIS GAME IS NERVE WRACKING. It's not so much HARD it's just REALLY easy to fuck up in and your resources are a little limited.

Also the near complete lack of music.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7010 on: February 08, 2014, 06:42:01 PM »

999 is done and we get ONE SENTENCE?!  Ah well, "trippy" is most definitely the operative word, and on behalf of RPGFan, we're glad you finished it (now do VLR!  It's more convenient on a gamplay level if it helps). :)

LBW, finally for ya!  THe effect is actually kinda helpful when dealing with the perspective (as it would have in ALttP since everything looked so "flat" despite dealing with various levels).  Enjoy, it's brand new yet quite the "blast from the past".

And BD is good as a proper challenge and an excellent job system.  I know you and I have a problem of time constraints, and I do like how the game handles that by giving you an option to change the difficulty on a whim and adjust the random battle encounter rate (NONE is an option).

Wow! I had no idea BD had such options! I'm way more interested now. Of course, I already have about 5 games to play so it'll be a while.

Of course I have a lot more to say about 999, but I figured everyone was tired of talking about it. Plus,  I honestly didn't understand some of it.
I will definitely play Virtues Last Reward, but not right away. I need a breather from that type of game.
I bought rain when it was uber cheap, but haven't tried it yet. Eventually...

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7011 on: February 08, 2014, 06:59:32 PM »

I can talk about 999 in the same way my dad can talk about Iron Maiden.

Aka, I could bore people to death.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7012 on: February 08, 2014, 07:38:12 PM »

Wow! I had no idea BD had such options! I'm way more interested now. Of course, I already have about 5 games to play so it'll be a while.

Of course I have a lot more to say about 999, but I figured everyone was tired of talking about it. Plus,  I honestly didn't understand some of it.
I will definitely play Virtues Last Reward, but not right away. I need a breather from that type of game.
I bought rain when it was uber cheap, but haven't tried it yet. Eventually...

Oh you have to read the Q&A thing by the creator of the game. I would love to hear more about what you thought.. that was rather anticlimatic xD, I was antecipating your post to say the least. http://www.aksysgames.com/999/answers

Also if you want feel free to post your inquiries here I would be happy to answer, just spoiler it.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 07:41:08 PM by Holykael1 » Logged

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7013 on: February 08, 2014, 08:36:22 PM »

Loving Bravely Default, very first side quest in the game gives you an optional 3F dungeon (though I can't stand those damn Greater Cats, they take forever to kill) Also playing some Senran Kagura to break up all the Bravely Default. There's a lot more content in that game than I thought there would be.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7014 on: February 08, 2014, 08:43:02 PM »

*steps on his soap box*

So, having played ZoE2 HD enough, I find myself conflicted.

The updated graphics are very nice, but I don't like the majority of the other changes.
Most of the alterations are made to make the game harder, but not more fun. That's a serious issue.

The best example is the lava/shaft zone right after Viola AI. It used to be the easiest level in the whole game. Grab Ardjet and just fly up... that's it. It was somewhat nice as it was a relief from what is by far the worst boss fight prior.

Now, after defeating Viola AI, you are treated to this completely obnoxious level with:
- 2 firewalls (must kill certain enemy to have the key and proceed)
- 2 eternally respawning raptors with a respawn time of 5 EFFING SECONDS

The new difficulty is also pretty jibberish. It gives 'cheats' to most bosses (like Ardjet gets a weird short dash that allows her to perfectly avoid melee strikes)

Some other 'fun' things were also removed like Naked Jehuty breaking shields easily.
Some 'useful' stuff was also removed like being able to destroy all the things that get in your way when against Inhert phase 1 (the whole area is now indestructible).

The only 'good' change I've noticed is that you can heal Taper's LEV and Ardjet when you burst while grabbed. Although it only works on default (and maybe V2) Jehuty. Naked used to be able to do it but can't anymore (seems like a code fuckup to me)

So overall, I think they failed at making the game any more fun. It is harder, but the extra difficulty feels cheap when considering the original and mostly makes me rage more instead of wanting to rise to the challenge.

*steps off soap box*
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7015 on: February 08, 2014, 09:52:58 PM »

Loving Bravely Default, very first side quest in the game gives you an optional 3F dungeon (though I can't stand those damn Greater Cats, they take forever to kill) Also playing some Senran Kagura to break up all the Bravely Default. There's a lot more content in that game than I thought there would be.

Get a pair of those Monk Knuckles from Norende and watch your Monk tear them a new one. Also Blizzard spam (though you'll want to save your MP for the boss because they are dodgy motherfuckers).

Speaking of, currently wrapping up said sidequest. Managed to swipe some nice loot from one of the bosses (too bad my Thief is now eating dirt, fuck that Merchant dude and his PG Toss, also fuck me for forgetting to reequip my Knight's Physical Def +10% and my Thief's Abate Fire passives).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7016 on: February 08, 2014, 10:02:35 PM »

I can talk about 999 in the same way my dad can talk about Iron Maiden.

Aka, I could bore people to death.

Me too

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7017 on: February 09, 2014, 01:56:44 PM »

Waiting on my shipment of Bravely Default and Lightning Returns (probably will get them the same day) and I needed a game to tide me over so I bought Assassin's Creed IV. I haven't played any of this series since the first one and I didn't like it, but a ton of my friends keep telling me how awesome it is and that you really need zero knowledge of the other games storylines so I said what the hell. It was only 30 bucks anyways. Surprise surprise, I'm actually enjoying it. It still feels like the first game, but the combat is SO much better than that garbage in the first game and there's so much more to do in the game than just the storyline. I'm a completionist and all these little trinkets and crap you can collect has kept me entertained for hours already. Storyline is pretty neat so far too... well at least the history stuff. The animus shit confuses me still. The pirate angle I think is what I really like. Sailing the ships and whatnot is awesome.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7018 on: February 09, 2014, 01:59:07 PM »

What are you trying to tell me with that picture Dice.

Her expression is...not impressed. Aren't you impressed with me?

I try so...

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7019 on: February 09, 2014, 02:26:37 PM »

Monster Hunter 3 Unlimited

Near the end of the five star villager quests. Managed to get to HR2 at Port Tanzia. The larger monsters are finally starting to appear. Surprised at how much fun I am having. Action games are not usually my cup of tea.

Unepic

Seems fun so far. I like the humour in it.

Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: