Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 10:57:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335178 Posts in 13724 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 434470 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7080 on: February 17, 2014, 03:40:11 PM »

I didn't mind how they linked the stories of XIII and XIII-2. It was basically like two separate seasons of a TV series. Each game presents it's own plot, but together they reveal a much larger plot that links the "incidents" of each game together.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7081 on: February 17, 2014, 03:50:11 PM »

Nah, I am talking about

Code:
when you have to shout at Hope from the future to the past during the Proto Fal Cie Adam fight. I understand the logic behind it but it doesn't stop it being ridiculous.

Ah. That part was pretty funny to me. :)
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7082 on: February 17, 2014, 07:28:03 PM »

Surprise, Inazuma Eleven dropped this past weekend for 3DS so I decided to blow some funds in my Nintendo eShop account on it.  I've dabbled a little bit, but so far the game's pretty fun.  

Anyone else playing Inazuma Eleven?

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7083 on: February 17, 2014, 07:30:05 PM »

I just finished Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
A pretty simple game all the way to the end. Just how I like them nowadays.
The story was good, but definitely not a light-hearted happy tale. It goes dark, and stays there. I'm glad I played it, though.
Note: Trophies are not handed out easily. I only got two, and am not sure how I could have missed the rest. Oh, well.

I think I'll finally devote my time to A Link Between Worlds now.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7084 on: February 17, 2014, 09:37:39 PM »

Surprise, Inazuma Eleven dropped this past weekend for 3DS so I decided to blow some funds in my Nintendo eShop account on it.  I've dabbled a little bit, but so far the game's pretty fun. 

I just ordered all three DS games from Zavvi. Hopefully will have them soon.

I'm at the Golden Lair in EO 4. Just leveling up to fight the big boss at the bottom of the map.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 09:54:04 PM by Lard » Logged

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7085 on: February 18, 2014, 08:00:10 AM »

Surprise, Inazuma Eleven dropped this past weekend for 3DS so I decided to blow some funds in my Nintendo eShop account on it.  I've dabbled a little bit, but so far the game's pretty fun.  

I really like the Inazuma series. Plan on getting the third eventually. The games are really fun but can be kind of repetitive. My only issue with the first is that instead of allowing female players, they make extremely feminine guy characters and give them names that would make you think they are girls.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7086 on: February 18, 2014, 09:21:56 AM »

I really like the Inazuma series. Plan on getting the third eventually. The games are really fun but can be kind of repetitive. My only issue with the first is that instead of allowing female players, they make extremely feminine guy characters and give them names that would make you think they are girls.

Did any Inazuma game allow for female players at all (outside of a token low tier all grrl team)? I ask because this is a Level 5 series we're talking about.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Reta

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7087 on: February 18, 2014, 11:11:00 AM »

Alright, I finished Sora no Kiseki the 3rd. The final dungeon, final boss and ending were just perfect. It's now my favorite in the series.

(Also, the music is amazing.)
Ikusagami

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7088 on: February 18, 2014, 01:07:51 PM »

Alright, I finished Sora no Kiseki the 3rd. The final dungeon, final boss and ending were just perfect. It's now my favorite in the series.

(Also, the music is amazing.)
Of course the music is amazing! It's Falcom! :D
I'm surprised you liked it better than SC; I've never heard anybody say that before. :O  Most people seem to think SC is the best game to ever be a game in the history of gaming.

Sora no Kiseki was the impetus that got me learning Japanese. Like four years later, I'm still not up to tackling a game with that much text :( .  Maybe in another four years I can find out for myself, because the odds of XSEED going beyond SC are evidently slim. And those Kisekis keep on comin'.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7089 on: February 18, 2014, 01:35:28 PM »

Now that I've actually managed to defeat the first major boss of Lightning Returns, there's a major relief on the difficulty level of the game. Everything finally opens up and there's more freedom to explore different areas and quests. Spending Day 3 mostly in Yusnaan, and really loving the atmosphere there. And as others have said, the tension the clock causes diminishes pretty quickly when you start to realize just how much time there actually is.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7090 on: February 18, 2014, 06:10:40 PM »

Rage quit Last of Us today, for what I thought was supposed to be a survival horror game there sure are a lot of fucking battles, and seriously WTF is with the insta-death from clcikers, so damn cheap

Everything's Eventual
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7091 on: February 18, 2014, 06:40:36 PM »

Rage quit Last of Us today, for what I thought was supposed to be a survival horror game there sure are a lot of fucking battles, and seriously WTF is with the insta-death from clcikers, so damn cheap

Try to lower the difficulty to easy, you can do that and also be sure to use molotovs and fire weapons to deal with the clickers.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7092 on: February 18, 2014, 07:07:10 PM »

Try to lower the difficulty to easy, you can do that and also be sure to use molotovs and fire weapons to deal with the clickers.

Definitely.  I don't find the game's upper difficulties worth it for how "intuitive" combat is.  You throw a bottle to get enemies to gather, then molotov their asses (on Easy you get more than enough supplies most of the time).

Clickers are tough, but they're blind and easy to stealth for the most part.

It IS worth it for the plot.  I have trouble with game plots these days because they don't have that "human factor" that the Last of Us has.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7093 on: February 18, 2014, 07:12:54 PM »

I found the clickers embarrassingly easy on normal, to be honest.  They were kind of a joke.  Sure they take a few hits, but they're so easy to stealth and so predictable it actually hurt the whole horror aspect of the game because there wasn't any tension..

Humans, on the other hand...there were a few points when I wanted to rage-quit when fighting humans...

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7094 on: February 18, 2014, 08:42:31 PM »

Definitely.  I don't find the game's upper difficulties worth it for how "intuitive" combat is.  You throw a bottle to get enemies to gather, then molotov their asses (on Easy you get more than enough supplies most of the time).

Clickers are tough, but they're blind and easy to stealth for the most part.

It IS worth it for the plot.  I have trouble with game plots these days because they don't have that "human factor" that the Last of Us has.

Yes, Bytor, Don't quit! If I, the worst gamer EVAR, can make it through, then you most assuredly can. Sure, I played it on easy mode, but it was still plenty challenging. Well, for me, anyway. I know some gamers have issues with playing games on easy. Like it hurts their pride or something. I gave up on that nonsense years ago. Easy mode allows me to actually enjoy games like The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite. or any game, really.
The story is great and totally worth it. Stealth those clickers like mad. I was very patient around them.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: