Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 02:20:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334802 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  White Knight Chronicles 2 and WKC PSP coming in English this May
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: White Knight Chronicles 2 and WKC PSP coming in English this May  (Read 10537 times)
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 09, 2011, 10:07:32 AM »

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/03/09/white-knight-chronicles-returns-to-ps3-and-debuts-on-psp/

Developer LEVEL-5 Inc. returns with White Knight Chronicles II for PS3, continuing the epic story of Leonard with a brand new 30+ hour single player campaign. Featuring a fully redesigned, dynamic new combat system, you can create and customise your own exciting attack strategies and combos. With online play for up to 6 players, you can choose to tackle co-op quests or free-roam the game world as a team, plus the Georama feature returns allowing you to build your own customisable town online. White Knight Chronicles II will also support easy play chat (via keyboard) and voice chat.

Posted on 9 March, 2011 at 2:27 pm by Ross Alexander
Both games will be released in May this year so not long to wait.
We’ll confirm an exact release date at a later stage.
And yes, WKC: Origins will be available at both retail and via PSN.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 11:33:47 AM »

Ok cool.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 04:40:15 PM »

I'll keep my attention on this one as I almost bought WKC1 but when I was going to they announced that WKC2 would include the 1st one but with enhancements so I decided to simply wait.

Anyway, did anyone here enjoy it ? I've heard it feels a lot like FFXII where the combat takes forever and there's a ton of exploration.

yoshimiinpink

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 10:58:37 AM »

I only heard pretty bad reviews for the first one on PS3.

But is the psp like...a port of the PS3 one? Might check it out to see if it's any better on that.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 10:23:29 AM »

I skipped the first game because of all the bad reviews. If the sequel is good, and considering that it comes bundled with the first game allowing me to catch up with the story, I might consider getting it. This version of the first game comes with an updated battle system which makes the whole thing even more attractive.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 11:02:03 AM »

I have the first game, but never played it. I will pick up the second one when it drops in price (assuming it actually comes out in the US), but based on my limited knowledge of the series, I get this "Japanese game trying to appeal to Western audience" vibe, but oh well.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 04:49:35 AM »

The original game has been fully remastered and was re-developed alongside its sequel, so it features many of the improvements from White Knight Chronicles II as a result. When you boot up White Knight Chronicles II, you’ll also be able to choose whether to start from the very beginning of the whole story or jump straight into the second installment.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/04/11/white-knight-chronicles-ii-includes-the-original-wkc-on-the-same-blu-ray-disc/

Fully remastered and re-developed? I find it hard to believe that they went through so much trouble. If 2 ends up being a good game and 1 has been significantly improved this would be one hell of a package.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 05:40:58 AM »

Any PAL release date yet? Because I'm heavily considering getting WKC2, being the Level-5 fan I am, and not having played the first yet.

EDIT: Wiki says the PAL date is the 19th of May. Sweeeeeeet.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 05:44:18 AM by ShadowLaguna » Logged

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 12:53:51 PM »

Fully remastered and re-developed? I find it hard to believe that they went through so much trouble. If 2 ends up being a good game and 1 has been significantly improved this would be one hell of a package.

Believe it.  Same was true for the Japanese version and that's been out for a while.

Though the Japanese version actually required you to play through WKC1 before you could take on the WKC2 story unless you had a clear data save.  They are making that optional for the western release.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 01:39:31 PM »

Believe it.  Same was true for the Japanese version and that's been out for a while.

Though the Japanese version actually required you to play through WKC1 before you could take on the WKC2 story unless you had a clear data save.  They are making that optional for the western release.

Interesting.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 06:04:44 PM »

WKC2 is almost here, should we be excited? I still don't know what to make of it. Will anyone here review it?

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 06:33:29 PM »

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2011/1624.html

Looks interesting, heard way too many mixed things about the first though.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 06:53:13 PM »

What is the US release date?  Just Summer? 

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 12:58:35 PM »

US release date is still TBA AFAIK.

As for Europe:

UK and Ireland: 10 June 2011
Australia and New Zealand: 9 June 2011
Rest of PAL: 8 June 2011

Well, I'll busy with Infamous 2 and the uncharted 3 beta, might pick it up later if it's good.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 03:09:29 PM »

US release date is still TBA AFAIK.

Last press release I got from D3 (today) just said Summer.

Still nothing on the PSP one.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: