Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 09:05:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334784 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  White Knight Chronicles 2 and WKC PSP coming in English this May
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: White Knight Chronicles 2 and WKC PSP coming in English this May  (Read 10532 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 07:16:21 PM »

The original game has been fully remastered and was re-developed alongside its sequel, so it features many of the improvements from White Knight Chronicles II as a result. When you boot up White Knight Chronicles II, you’ll also be able to choose whether to start from the very beginning of the whole story or jump straight into the second installment.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/04/11/white-knight-chronicles-ii-includes-the-original-wkc-on-the-same-blu-ray-disc/

Fully remastered and re-developed? I find it hard to believe that they went through so much trouble. If 2 ends up being a good game and 1 has been significantly improved this would be one hell of a package.

They're trying to build a franchise off of this but the first game was so thoroughly mediocre that they're doing everything they can to wash the the taste of taint out of everyone's mouths. Although a lot of that mediocrity has to do with the fact that they're trying to ambitiously tell a mediocre story. The fact that it also fell into the same traps that the Xeno series fell into when trying to implement mecha combat into a turn based RPG (except that they also limited it to one person only) didn't help matters either.

But then again,
Code:
I really didn't like the fact that out of the entire cast there were only two characters that were at all interesting and as of the end of the first game one of them is dead and subsequently replaced with a much lamer version.

Thus far the only change I know of is that they reduced the amount of online grinding to a lesser level of retarded.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2011, 08:22:28 PM »

LMFAO

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/preview-trailer-white-knight/714277

who the hell is doing the vocals

seriously

are they tone deaf
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2011, 08:25:47 PM »

i'd be curious how many reviewers that didnt like WKS1 also didnt like rouge galaxy. cause if thats the case i cant take them seriously.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2011, 08:29:34 PM »

Rogue Galaxy sucked.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2011, 08:53:54 PM »

...be still my beating heart...!!!!! Parn!! Say it ain't so!!!!

Everything's Eventual
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2011, 08:56:13 PM »

I loved Rouge Galaxy.  It was so full of makeup.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2011, 09:04:17 PM »

Rogue Galaxy kicked ass for the most part.

Corrected.

I loved Rouge Galaxy.  It was so full of makeup.

Meh, I thought it was a bit too slutty.

Also, I swear they keep delaying the PAL date for WKC2, but I could be wrong. In any case, I actually might pick this up on day 1.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2011, 09:06:30 PM »

Nope, the game sucked.  I loved the voice acting, the characters were charming, blah blah blah.  But the gameplay was terrible.  Your AI partners are phenomenally retarded and you have to micromanage healing using items by pausing the game frequently so you can keep everyone alive.  Want to use some moves?  Need to pause the action.  Pause, pause, pause, pause, pause.  This is happening in a game that is supposed to be an action RPG.

I'd have the same opinion if I had to pause a Tales game incessantly.  Constantly navigating menus breaks the flow of combat and defeats any point of making an action-based system.  Had the game had turn-based combat, I'd have a completely different opinion.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2011, 09:15:52 PM »

OK...I can respect that, I guess I simply did not find the slow downs in action to be that big of a deal, but I can certainly understand others (yourself included) did.

Everything's Eventual
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2011, 09:18:49 PM »

No no, you're doing it wrong.  This is the internet.  You're supposed to be all "fuck you Parn your opinion sux" and then we derail the thread for four pages.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2011, 09:31:38 PM »

I'm actually amazed that many people came to Rogue Galaxy's defense!
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2011, 09:33:24 PM »

I actually kinda liked having to pause to use skills, gave me time to think about which ones to use.

Also, as much as I hate to admite it, I can't resist two games in one. I'll be getting White Knight Chronicles 2 at some point. I probably won't like it, but I'll buy it anyways. Just not day one, or even full price.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 09:36:52 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2011, 11:10:13 PM »

I thought Rogue Galaxy was awesome. Combat wasn't perfect or anything but it was fun, and the characters were goofy, but not stupid.

Anyways i hope the single playing WKC2 is longer, and the MP doesn't make you have to kill the same goddamn ogre 40 billion times to rank up and I'll be happy.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2011, 11:16:06 PM »

I found Rogue Galaxy's story stupid and boring. Well, the first several hours, reading a REALLY good book series (Book of the New Sun) at the same time did not help. To be fair just "stupid and boring" is better than some titles that have come out lately.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2011, 11:29:32 PM »

Nope, the game sucked.  I loved the voice acting, the characters were charming, blah blah blah.  But the gameplay was terrible.  Your AI partners are phenomenally retarded and you have to micromanage healing using items by pausing the game frequently so you can keep everyone alive.  Want to use some moves?  Need to pause the action.  Pause, pause, pause, pause, pause.  This is happening in a game that is supposed to be an action RPG.

I'd have the same opinion if I had to pause a Tales game incessantly.  Constantly navigating menus breaks the flow of combat and defeats any point of making an action-based system.  Had the game had turn-based combat, I'd have a completely different opinion.

And yet when they tried to address this in FFXII everyone bitched that their control was being taken away and the game played itself.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: