Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 03:31:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334755 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  White Knight Chronicles 2 and WKC PSP coming in English this May
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print
Author Topic: White Knight Chronicles 2 and WKC PSP coming in English this May  (Read 10524 times)
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2011, 08:55:25 PM »

I think Aeolus is playing... there was a thread about "which is better, Naruto or Bleach" and someone named Aeolus replied "Berserk."  Not sure if Aeolus is a popular anime character or what.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2011, 10:41:47 PM »

I think Aeolus is playing... there was a thread about "which is better, Naruto or Bleach" and someone named Aeolus replied "Berserk."  Not sure if Aeolus is a popular anime character or what.

As humorous as that reply is, I unfortunately can't claim credit for it. Hell, I don't even have a PS3. (And besides, I'd probably say FMA before Berserk on the grounds that FMA's actually finished and I don't need to wait for forever for each chapter.)

The name Aeolus is based on a Greek mythological deity who's notoriety I forget at the moment. The reason why I chose that as my new user name was mostly due to the similarities to his name and the name of the sidekick from that cheese ball 90's live action Hercules show, and partly due to it being Megaman Zero's Harpura's non localized name (which is too bothersome to actually look up the correct spelling of).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2011, 01:47:40 AM »

It'll probably be October before I'm able to get it, but you guys can add me if you want. My PSN's Shigure_Asa. Just tell me you're from here or i wont accept it.

Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2011, 02:03:22 AM »

Well I finally decided to take a night off from Disgaea to try out WKC..... the initial impression? By the end of the night I was playing Disgaea again... However that isn't to say this is a bad title...

The only problems I really have with it upon initial impression is the relatively slow paced battles... ok very slow paced for quasi-real-time.....and the art style.... The over-all appearance of alot of level 5 games to me is just weak.... I love anime styled stuff, in fact I adore it, but I ABHORE when it looks like a western RPG got a JRPG makeover of sorts..... While the environments and characters may look stunning to some, because in truth graphically things are up to snuff in my opinion, I just am not fond of the generic JRPG/anime esque' appearance.

But I am focusing on the negative here.... On a more positive note, there seems to be tons to explore with a very free and open environment feel right from the door. And nothing bad is really game-breaking in my opinion. And to add briefly, for anyone with a affinity for character creation, the freedom in making and changing the appearance of your avatar is really well done. And unlike I've read complained about a ton by other games, I think the ability to play a supporting role with the avatar of your creation is actually quite unique and rather enjoyable. In the role-playing sense it actually allows me to feel my character is experiencing and viewing things from the "appropriate" perspective.... my oppinion of this may change the deeper I go in the title, but as it stands I like this concept if for nothing more than its originality..... not often you see something integrally "new" and "risky" tried such as this....

I will come back to this one after Disgaea 4 is polished off, but not any sooner.... Just doesn't demand my attention the way the Netherworld, Hades, item worlds, and insane amounts of grinding does....
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 02:09:34 AM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2011, 06:28:51 PM »

I made a character.  His name is Dwayne.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2011, 06:31:42 PM »

He's gorgeous.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2011, 06:45:59 PM »

Good lord... haha.

For some reason I read that as "him name is Dwayne."

Is this the same Dwayne from... Dragon Age II?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 07:01:34 PM by Fei » Logged

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2011, 07:24:59 PM »

Good lord... haha.

For some reason I read that as "him name is Dwayne."

Is this the same Dwayne from... Dragon Age II?

No he ate that one.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2011, 07:54:58 PM »

Dwayne is my go-to name for all of the characters that I make.  Dwayne is also unabashedly ugly or weird in every iteration I make him.  I was just able to make him especially ugly here.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
The Legendary Zoltan
Narcissistic Legend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2011, 06:44:23 AM »

Dwayne is my go-to name for all of the characters that I make.  Dwayne is also unabashedly ugly or weird in every iteration I make him.  I was just able to make him especially ugly here.

Proof that WKC2 is the greatest game ever made.  I almost finished hard mode in Catherine today.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll be nearing completion and can soon order WKC2.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2011, 09:56:43 PM »

Proof that WKC2 is the greatest game ever made.  I almost finished hard mode in Catherine today.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll be nearing completion and can soon order WKC2.

Somebody spoiler the plot so that I know if it ever escapes the realm of painfully generic anime.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2011, 04:52:22 AM »

Somebody spoiler the plot so that I know if it ever escapes the realm of painfully generic anime.

If it does i will be completely surprised.

The Legendary Zoltan
Narcissistic Legend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2011, 05:21:38 AM »

I freaking did it!  I ordered WKC2 from PlayAsia.  I can't freaking wait.  if you play it, I'd love to see you there some time.  My PS3 name is "LegendaryZoltan" or "Legendary Zoltan".  I can't remember if there is a space or not.  Probably gonna be 10-14 days before I get it though.

Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2011, 05:06:04 AM »

Got it today. Decided to start from WKC1 and make a new character. Here's some pics.

She's 4 foot 11 and uses great swords which are probably at least 5 feet long, and has what appear to be DDs or whatever the biggest bust size you can make in this game is.

The Legendary Zoltan
Narcissistic Legend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2011, 05:49:07 PM »

When you play online with others, does people see your PSN account name or the name that you chose for the character?  Cause I was thinking of making a female character too but if it's gonna say that my name is Legendary Zoltan then, I'd rather make a character that looks like a guy  named Zoltan.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: