Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 03:42:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319307 Posts in 13037 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  White Knight Chronicles 2 and WKC PSP coming in English this May
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: White Knight Chronicles 2 and WKC PSP coming in English this May  (Read 9638 times)
Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2011, 09:06:00 PM »

I wasn`t looking forward to this game initially, but for the past couple of days I`ve been reading the impressions from those who already have it and it looks like it might be a really good game. The low scores from mainstream sites have convinced me even more of its quality. Will buy for sure now.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2011, 06:35:05 PM »

Purchased, opening plastic and patching now!  My PSN ID is Mojotron if you want to play with me.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2011, 12:44:34 AM »

The low scores from mainstream sites have convinced me even more of its quality.

I can't wait to see the logical conclusion of that stance.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2011, 09:46:16 AM »

I'm level 5, haven't seen a mech yet, but am liking what I see.  I'm reminded of Final Fantasy XI, but without the frustration. 

I'm really looking forward to online play.

I think I spent more time creating my character than playing the game so far.  There are a lot of customization options, and none of them feel pointless.  I just wish I had bought a new hairdo from PSN BEFORE I created my character :P Now it'll cost another $5 if I want to redo my appearance.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2011, 01:29:46 PM »

I'm level 5, haven't seen a mech yet, but am liking what I see.  I'm reminded of Final Fantasy XI, but without the frustration. 

I'm really looking forward to online play.

I think I spent more time creating my character than playing the game so far.  There are a lot of customization options, and none of them feel pointless.  I just wish I had bought a new hairdo from PSN BEFORE I created my character :P Now it'll cost another $5 if I want to redo my appearance.

Are you playing WKC1 or WKC2?

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2011, 06:25:39 PM »

WKC1.  Its my first time.  Most are probably playing WKC2 huh... I need the story background though, so I gotta start with 1.

I just got access to Geonet; time to go crazy writing blogs and stuff.

Did someone say the original release of WKC1 didn't have auto-run?  This totally has auto-run... I wonder what else is more digestible with this release.

Can anyone elaborate on the online mode for me?  I read that you should play co-op as you play through the single player campaign.  I take it there is an end to the game, and no option to continue playing afterwards?  I don't like having to be Leonard ( I just wanna be my avatar!) but I'll survive.

PSN:  Mojotron
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 08:48:28 PM by Fei » Logged

Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2011, 11:29:26 PM »

I put a couple 100 hours into the first one. The online wasn't bad persay but it was really grindy. I only got to rank 7 after all my playtime though admittedly I fucked around chatting in towns trolling the boards and shit probably more than i actually played. Hopefully i can keep my old georama i had it set up so one of my townsfolk was hacking another one's junk with his axe XD. I'll be getting it sometime just don't know when.

The low scores from mainstream sites have convinced me even more of its quality.

I can't wait to see the logical conclusion of that stance.

He's a rebel that's why
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 11:33:28 PM by Demon_Princess_Kay » Logged

Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2011, 11:42:41 PM »

I just played my first quest online.  There was one other guy with me who died to some bees and left right away, so I figured I'd solo it.  45 minutes later I had gained 4 levels, and as I went to turn in the quest, oops, boss.  Two trolls (lol) owned me.  Can't be soloin' that!

Super fun, and the multiplayer structure is reminiscent of Monster Hunter.  I just hope I am not forced to be Leonard too often in the main story.

Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2011, 12:49:49 AM »

The only part i can remember in WKC1 where you had to control leonard where there was combat (outside of the Incorruptus battles) was the prologue area before you get access to geonet. I remember using my character through at least 90 percent of the game.

Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2011, 09:38:08 AM »

Awesome.  I spent more time creating my character than actually playing on my first day, so to see Leonard's generic self get the spotlight (especially after I half heartedly assigned his skill points) was jarring... but now that I'm back to my mocha colored 6'4" avatar and his giant sword, I'm right as rain.

Also, looks like you just have to import your WKC1 save file to carry your Georama over http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49899/t1677213-few-questions-regarding-wkc1-wkc2-find-clear-answers/
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 10:15:59 AM by Fei » Logged

Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2011, 01:30:54 AM »

Sweet if I still get that with my townspeople hacking at each other I'll snag a pic it this time.

The Legendary Zoltan
Narcissistic Legend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2011, 07:47:39 AM »

Sweet.  It's my maiden post on RPGfan.  I'm glad I found this thread because I've been REALLY contemplating getting White Knight Chronicles 2.  But all the negative reviews out there make me worry.  At least here in this thread there are, like TWO whole WKC fans.  Hahaha!  I'll be joining both of you after I platinumize Catherine.

Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2011, 01:36:10 PM »

I played with 2 random people online, with headsets, and they were totally cool.  We calmly discussed the easiest way to finish the quest, and then talked about the improvements that were made over the game's original release.

So I guess the WKC fans are socializing on the in-game messageboards and stuff, because the game has in-game messageboards.

Klyde Chroma
Novice Bulimic in training.

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2011, 01:54:39 PM »

Sweet.  It's my maiden post on RPGfan.  I'm glad I found this thread because I've been REALLY contemplating getting White Knight Chronicles 2.  But all the negative reviews out there make me worry.  At least here in this thread there are, like TWO whole WKC fans.  Hahaha!  I'll be joining both of you after I platinumize Catherine.

Welcome to the board!!.... I too will be joining the ranks of the those boldly trying WKC once I polish off a bit of Disgaea 4..... that is unless I can't help myself when Rune Factory comes out.... Ahhhhh, so many games, so many decisions....

this signature is Blace's fault...
Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
The Legendary Zoltan
Narcissistic Legend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2011, 05:52:39 PM »

Yeah.  There are tons of decisions to make regarding games now because there are tons of good ones coming out.  After I finish Catherine, I have to choose between Disgaea 4, ICO HD, and WKC2.  I've pretty much decided on WKC2, though.  It's gonna be about a couple of weeks though.  The Babel section of Catherine is FREAKING HARSH!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: