Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 08:41:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340992 Posts in 13937 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Mortal Kombat
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Mortal Kombat  (Read 6644 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2011, 02:47:36 AM »

just watched a few videos and it was a painful reminder that most gamers are males -_- they wont be winning me over anytime soon with character designs like that. sindel, the ninja trio and sonya all look like hoes.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2011, 04:45:47 PM »

just watched a few videos and it was a painful reminder that most gamers are males -_- they wont be winning me over anytime soon with character designs like that. sindel, the ninja trio and sonya all look like hoes.

You should probably stay away from Bayonetta then, that game can't do a cutscene without at least one crotch shot. I'm a dude and even I found it a bit over the top (all is forgiven though, since being over the top in almost every aspect seems to be a very intentional design choice). I don't mind the skimpy Mortal Kombat outfits though, go figure.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2011, 05:16:32 PM »

I agree, every single female in this is wearing FAR to less. Especially sheeva who I think EVERYONE would appreciate her being a bit more covered up.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2011, 05:22:27 PM »

To quote architect Mies Van Der Rohe: "Less is more"

SMILE MIESY!!!!
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2011, 06:11:31 PM »

The girls wear skimpy clothes, the guys are on 'roids.  Who gives a shit.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2011, 07:55:41 PM »

I don't care really, but it is an observation. I still love the game regardless.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2011, 04:06:04 PM »

I don't have this game yet.  I don't know if I'm going to get it, but it really feels like I'm missing out.  Watched some tourney play this weekend and it looks like a game I'd really like.  The fact that they brought back a ton of old stages to bring the stage total to around 40 astounds me.  Really hope other developers are listening *hint* *hint*.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2011, 05:43:11 PM »

goddamn this is also on sale on amazon already for 40. With every game going on sale a few weeks after release the days of me pre-ordering big game titles is over. Except for ME3 and Skyrim. I'll die if I don't play those
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2011, 05:52:22 PM »

Yeah, I ended up buying the Collector's Edition for a reduced price.  Glad I didn't preorder.  The game is worth every dime though, even if I had paid full price.

Kung Lao is a pimp.  Mileena also cracks me up.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2011, 09:12:44 AM »

Kung Lao's double kick thing is awesome.

Shao Kahn is a fucking cheap asshole though.

Booboo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2011, 02:38:30 AM »

Ivy, Taki, Setsuka, Tira, Mai, Litchi, I-no and the DOA girls say 'Hi'.

Sise-Neg

Conquerer of the Cosmos

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2011, 03:36:08 AM »

I love the game. Only thing that's an annoyance (which is moderate for me because he's my favorite boss character) is that they went with that awful design again for Kintaro. He looks like a kitten and isn't intimidating at all. His Mortal Kombat 2 design was so much better.

Admin of The Legaia Wiki: legaia.wikia.com

Jonio

yayuh!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2011, 02:07:15 PM »

I was never the biggest fan of the franchise. The most I played was Ultimate MK3 at the arcades for a while. Keeping that in mind I think this new game is fantastic! The story mode is probably one of the best I've played for a fighting game, good flow, gets to showcase most of the characters, story is actually pretty good! Can't say much about the online yet (ps3/psn) but playing local multiplayer with friends has been a blast. Seems pretty balanced too! Does anyone with the 360 version know what this "Kombat Pass" is all about?
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2011, 02:25:38 PM »

I'm fairly sure the "Kombat Pass" is a redeem code you use in the PS store to unlock multiplayer capability for your PSN account. The story mode is easily the best I've seen in a fighting game, though it does kind of fall apart in the end. I thought Shao Kahn isn't as cheap as he appears, at least on normal. While frontal attacks wont always interrupt his moves, and the hammer throw cant be blocked, there is a fairly simple way to beat him (on normal at least)
Code:
The trick is to get behind him when he's pulling a move. Raidens teleport makes it incredibly easy, especially when Kahn goes for his hammer throw because its very slow. All that's left is to spank him with a combo, repeat a few times and its over.
I'm looking forward to trying out multiplayer if PSN ever comes back online.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 02:31:17 PM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2011, 04:05:49 PM »

I was never the biggest fan of the franchise. The most I played was Ultimate MK3 at the arcades for a while. Keeping that in mind I think this new game is fantastic! The story mode is probably one of the best I've played for a fighting game, good flow, gets to showcase most of the characters, story is actually pretty good! Can't say much about the online yet (ps3/psn) but playing local multiplayer with friends has been a blast. Seems pretty balanced too! Does anyone with the 360 version know what this "Kombat Pass" is all about?

Online play can be a bit laggy actually.  However, the company (NRS) actually really seems to care about its fanbase and is working on a patch to try and fix it.

Kombat Pass, like Maxximum said, is a redeemable code you enter in to allow multiplayer online.  What it's really there for is to discourage people from buying the game used since used games will not have a working code.  If you buy the game used and want to play it online, you have to cough up another $10 bucks and buy a Kombat Pass online so you can play with others.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: