Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 02:01:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338029 Posts in 13841 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Mortal Kombat
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Mortal Kombat  (Read 6602 times)
Jonio

yayuh!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2011, 05:32:20 PM »

Kombat Pass, like Maxximum said, is a redeemable code you enter in to allow multiplayer online.  What it's really there for is to discourage people from buying the game used since used games will not have a working code.  If you buy the game used and want to play it online, you have to cough up another $10 bucks and buy a Kombat Pass online so you can play with others.

Clever clever! Wonder if that's a trend that will catch on.

Also glad to hear they are already working on a patch! Nice!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2011, 06:57:58 PM »

that's the future of gaming it seems. I think bad company 2 had something similar.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2011, 05:40:33 AM »

First month sales in the US were better than those of SF4 and MvC3 (about 1 million units). I had a feeling the game would do well.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2011, 12:23:13 AM »

So I bought Mortal Kombat's Kollector's Edition today finally... (I bought MvC3 on release day).  Today, as I looked at the Kollectors edition of MK, I realized that Mortal Kombat has always succeeded as a videogame with me.  The single player modes were always fun, and the unlockables in the Wii iteration were extremely addicting.  I bought MK because it is a fun videogame, instead of a sport that I am trying to master.

I have played very little of MvC3, despite everything.  I don't have friends to play it with, which takes a lot of the fun out.  I played more SSFIV:3D edition because I have one single friend with a 3DS, and we play a few rounds here and there with some frequency.

Mortal Kombat's characters and everything, I dunno, I like it.  I'm supposed to be a hater of all things western, but MK is pretty cool.  Again, it has single player content, and the sense of humor communicates to the player directly... it's always been a great product, even if the combat systems aren't a work of art.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2011, 05:16:37 PM »

I have played very little of MvC3, despite everything.  I don't have friends to play it with, which takes a lot of the fun out. 

I'm stuck with online as well.  Definitely not as fun since the online playerbase, win or lose, is filled with retards.

If it makes you feel any better, there are already rumors of a sequel/super version that will try to fix all the things people hate about the game (mainly x-factor).

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2011, 03:40:26 PM »

So, I've been playing some multiplayer for a few days now. Getting my ass bounced up and down the arena but I'm still having fun. Trying to main Smoke but Ill probably give up on him eventually just like I did with Cage. Having no obvious wake up attack makes him a sitting duck any time he gets knocked off his feet. I have to say, the chat system is an absolute joke though. Its also amusing that a game that involves decapitation, bone breaking and ripping out of limbs among other brutalities would have swear filter.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2011, 05:59:23 PM »

Freddy Krueger WTF?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaSBkBDcepM

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2011, 07:55:53 PM »

^Fantastic.  Was not expecting that but I'll get him just because I bought the other 3.  20 dollars for 4 characters...sad, really.  You just know that a premium edition will come out next year with all these guys included for less than the game costs now.  Still, it's Freddy Krueger:)

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2011, 05:59:02 PM »

Eh, sure, why not. Though with all cameo characters floating about fighting games these days,  they could put Barney the Dinosaur or Gumby in, and I wouldn't be too surprised.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: