Author Topic: Book Thread Continued

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
Re: Book Thread Continued
« Reply #1875 on: March 03, 2017, 02:48:45 PM »
Recently read man in the high castle and loved it.

JUST started watching the Amazon series based on this.  It's on the absolute fringes of what I'm willing to stomach, content-wise, but the concept is truly fascinating.

Plus: Rufus Sewell.  So there's that.
Current RPG - Final Fantasy XV, FTL: Faster Than Light

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: March 14, 2017, 12:07:16 PM »
I'm onto the narrative of arthur gordon pym of nantucket, or nagpn for short. Seems pretty legit so far. I wish Poe wrote more full length stories

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: March 15, 2017, 11:01:19 PM »
Looks like I forgot to come here and say something about a book I read recently.

It's called Romeo And/Or Juliet, and it's a choose-your-own-adventure type book where you can choose to play the path of the Shakespeare play... if you want to die. It's pretty great. Very fun and funny. You start out by choosing whether to be Romeo or Juliet, and my first time as Romeo, they ended up getting married and living happily ever after, after Romeo snuck into her house dressed as a maid to see if he could figure out how to end their families' feud. They saw each other across a room and she fell in love, amazed at meeting a man brave enough to dress that way.  My first time as Juliet, she ended up running away from home, meeting a dude named something like Yolo Swagski in a bar, and going away with him to his island, where she became a personal trainer for knights, and eventually after a mutual-but-not-devastating breakup, a pirate.

The author has written a bunch of Adventure Time comics, so that'll give you a better-known example of his style.
http://amzn.to/2mQPcqA
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut