Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 03:53:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338641 Posts in 13862 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Homefront
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Homefront  (Read 3332 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: March 15, 2011, 11:26:21 AM »

This game is terrible. Don't get it.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 11:44:05 AM »

Expand; I liked Kaos' previous game, Frontlines: Fuel of War.  It wasn't spectacular, but it was a competent shooter.  I'd heard that some outlets didn't get review code, though, and that's concerning.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 12:01:10 PM »

It's basically a pale copy of Modern Warfare/MW2/BlOps. The controls are copied directly from that game and aren't as responsive. Also, it's short as hell and much less entertaining, think CoD without the awesome setpieces; I've only played for maybe 2 hours and I'm on chapter 4 (of 7).

The graphics are a fair bit worse than most of what's on the market now. I don't ask for too much, but let's just say that Modern Warfare looked better, and that was 4, 5 years ago.

A lot of the progression is linked to companion AI, IE if your squad hasn't entered the tunnel yet, you are blocked off from doing so. There are so many areas where I tried to climb a ladder or open a door and it wouldn't let me until all my squadmates had done so before me.

Physics are terrible, I got damaged from a two foot fall.

Weapons have no real differences aside from the staples (Assault rifles/Pistols/Sniper Rifles/etc).

Will post more as I get through the later half.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 01:25:44 PM »

The OP made me lol.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 01:50:50 PM »

Thanks for the warning. I wasn't planning on getting this right away but maybe months or a year from now.

The story and supposedly disturbing atmosphere had me interested, but if it's shitty, it's shitty.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 02:09:34 PM »

Was thinking about it - don't have the money anyway. But I think I'll just rent it and play the campaign.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 02:37:29 PM »

Was thinking about it - don't have the money anyway. But I think I'll just rent it and play the campaign.

Apparently that's about 5 hours long.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 02:39:47 PM »

That's pretty normal in FPSes lately. I beat Modern Warfare 2 in four.

Perfect rental then, as I won't bother with multiplayer this time around.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 03:13:49 PM »

There was never anything I saw or read about this game that made me think it wouldn't be terrible...

Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 04:38:43 PM »

I have this coming today via UPS from Amazon. I only got it because a buddy wants me to play it with him. While I heard the single player game is short and is mundane, people are saying the online game is great. We'll see.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 04:42:45 PM »

Excellent review as usual by eurogamer:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-03-15-homefront-review

Pretty much confirms that you might want to ignore this. There are so many good FPS hitting the market anyway. MP seems to be decent though.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2011, 05:11:46 PM »

Too bad, the premise seemed interesting for once.
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 09:03:03 AM »

The game looks like ass. I mean, honestly, not much better than PS2 graphics. The controls are slow and sluggish and I really can't tell if I am running or walking most of the time. I feel like I got pwned buying this thing. Oh, and beat the single player in less than 4 hours. That said, if you like FPS games you should rent it to see the the plot and storyline play out. Kinda creepy some of the things you see happen in the game on American streets and in American homes. Oh, yeah... and no one can play online yet. They said more people than they thought bought it and the demand overwhelmed their servers. Which makes no sense since they knew how many copies were pre-ordered and they could have just doubled that number. I'm getting tired of these FOS games anyway. Which is odd since I didn't get into them until a year or so ago (not counting Left 4 Dead which got me into them almost 3 years ago). All of them, Blops, Battlefield 2, Breach, this one... all same boring and samey already. Bulletstorm sure was a breath of fresh air for FPS games and is superior to this in every way.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2011, 09:23:57 AM »

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Homefront-Walmart-with-code-Xbox-360-Xbox-360/15687196?wmlspartner=FKSJxY2VJAk&sourceid=09004583620221675905

$42 at Walmart already.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 02:11:25 PM »

And Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=homefront&x=0&y=0

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: