Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 05:36:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335290 Posts in 13727 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Batman Arkham City
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Batman Arkham City  (Read 8548 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 15, 2011, 01:10:49 PM »

Looked, couldn't find a thread.

New trailer with gameplay. Looks really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlET0kb5pmw

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 03:02:17 PM »

Just saw this, looks very good. There are parts where he's gliding through the city, will this have more of a sandbox approach? That would be a major departure from the first game, not necessarily bad though.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 10:21:18 AM »

I saw that yesterday too and it looks awesome.
I think it may feel more like an Assassin's Creed than a GTA but still a sandbox game. I just hope the plot development doesn't suffer from this.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 07:46:28 PM »

From a Gamasutra interview.

On the subject of boss fights with the iconic Batman characters:

They're humans. They're mortal. Batman's a mortal guy, but he's a total badass, so we've got to make sure that all of a sudden someone like Riddler doesn't just develop superhuman strength because it makes gameplay sense. No. Riddler is a smart guy but he's not a powerhouse, and so the combat between Batman and Riddler exists on the intellectual level.

This line alone pretty much sold me on the game.  Arkham Asylum was good, but the boss fights were pretty lousy.  Too videogame-ish and inappropriate for the characters.  God I hope they actually pull this off this time around.

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 03:14:07 PM »

Looks like a good time to go back to Arkham Asylum. I never did beat it for some reason, this is a perfect excuse to go back and finish the job.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 10:49:26 PM »

I enjoyed Arkham Asylum but at times I felt the game was simply too easy. I felt like I was so much stronger than pretty much everyone, and especially when sneaking up on enemies or using special attacks they didn't stand a chance. Still, all in all it was a very enjoyable game, but I would really like it if the new one were a tad less linear and/or perhaps forced me to use different approaches in defeating enemies. I did like the special attacks but I really seldom felt I needed to use them.

Everything's Eventual
terrysleeger
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 11:11:16 PM »

It is always look awesome. I like it too..We can communicate with it if possible.

I'm a spam bot!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 04:10:03 PM »

Arkham City is getting an online pass for single player content.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-13-batman-online-pass-unlocks-catwoman

Not impressed at all.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 04:54:09 PM »

Guess I won't rent it and will wait for a good Steam sale. Catwoman was advertised a bit too much from early on for me to really accept that decision at all.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 06:23:58 PM »

Day one.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 08:11:22 PM »

Admittedly "Good Steam sale" can just be "half off", and I was kind of miffed I missed out on the free deal with an nVidia card (not something I can hold against them AT ALL like this though.)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2011, 09:15:50 PM »

I just canceled my Batman: Arkham City preorder.  I think the game looks fantastic, but I'm sick of all the BS surrounding it:  Tons of frivolous DLC, every retailer with their own special preorder bonuses, and now download codes for single player content.

You just know that a year from now (heck, maybe even sooner) they will release a new edition that actually includes all the content.  Why buy it now like a sucker?

Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 08:52:40 AM »

Well the only necessary DLC actually comes with the game so I guess that's why'd you buy it?

I think it's silly to do this when they released all the Catwoman stuff well before any type of announcement of this pass. Really if they announced the pass and then showed the trailer that would have been much better, it would have shown people a reason to buy it new instead of making people sour that they couldn't rent it because they are loosing out on something that was essentially advertised as in the game. Regardless, it might not be a Day 1 purchase for me as I live kind of far from any game store but it will be first week for sure.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 12:37:23 PM »

Man the gameplay looks fantastic. I need to play the old one (same w/ Assassin's Creed series) so I can enjoy this new one eventually. Probably waiting for the GOTY edition w/ Kevadu
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 04:47:27 PM »

To clarify, the thing I'm the most upset about is all the retailer-specific preorder bonuses.  It has really gotten out of hand and I don't want to support that kind of thing.  This extra crap is just the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak.

Plus I have other games to keep me busy anyway.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: