Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2014, 04:11:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337723 Posts in 13829 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Batman Arkham City
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Batman Arkham City  (Read 8608 times)
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2011, 06:46:19 AM »

I regret having watched the review for this game. It's really making me hate my present one-game-a-month budget in order to make sure bills are paid. XP I was kinda "meh" about it before but seeing that open world sandbox...argh. Do want. Screw the DLC; I just want the main game and I'll be happy. XD
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2011, 04:14:17 PM »

Saw a video about this on Inside Xbox Live and damn, it looks pretty awesome.  It looks so.... Batman!  I really need to give this a try.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 05:38:46 PM »

Wait, is the Catwoman code one of those "comes with new game" instances, or a full blown day zero DLC? Either way, I hate this kind of thing, but the latter case would be exceptionally bad, since she was advertised as an integral part of the game for months.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 12:18:18 AM »

Wait, is the Catwoman code one of those "comes with new game" instances, or a full blown day zero DLC?

It's the former, not unless you count the "people who didn't buy new can buy it for $10!" as day zero DLC.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2011, 05:06:27 PM »

I can deal with that. I still don't like it, but at least its justifiable to some degree.

NOW PLAYING:
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2011, 05:34:56 PM »

Not really. There are plenty of people who don't take consoles online. Why should they be deprived of content when they bought the game new?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2011, 05:38:38 PM »

Not really. There are plenty of people who don't take consoles online. Why should they be deprived of content when they bought the game new?

Its somewhat justifiable, because they want to make money off all sales, and only the retailer profits from a used game sale. Having said that, I still don't like it  because, as you said, its unfair to those that can't redeem their code.

NOW PLAYING:
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2011, 05:57:02 PM »

Of course they want to make money off sales.

But

Locked out content:

if you are offline
If you don't buy new
If you do not preorder
As paid DLC.

That is unjustifiable.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2011, 03:40:07 AM »

You still get the code if you buy it used from gamestop http://splitkick.com/gamestops-precedent/

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2011, 06:27:49 AM »

You still get the code if you buy it used from gamestop http://splitkick.com/gamestops-precedent/

Unless something changed I'm pretty sure they charge you $10 for that. So not only do the game developers likely at least tolerate it, but they can rip you off even more (unless they decide to sell it at $45 pre-code to potentially be more competitive).
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2011, 06:44:53 AM »

Haven't followed this game too closely, but all of this DLC and locked content is pretty ridiculous. But it's nothing new and people somehow is gonna find a reason to pay for this.

More Batman is never a bad thing I guess.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2011, 06:48:42 AM »

One thing this game has going for it is that the game looks like it's PACKED with stuff to do anyway.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2011, 07:08:21 AM »

Bah, did they have to postpone the release of the PC version to the same day Skyrim comes out in Europe? Now I don't know if I'll actually get round to playing the thing before the Steam winter sale, by which time it'll probably be 15 or less.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2011, 03:25:58 PM »

Unless something changed I'm pretty sure they charge you $10 for that. So not only do the game developers likely at least tolerate it, but they can rip you off even more (unless they decide to sell it at $45 pre-code to potentially be more competitive).

Heres what the article says

GameStop has taken it upon themselves to include an online pass in any used copy of Batman: Arkham City, making the entire process of code entry completely pointless.

So it doesnt sound like they charging you any more for the code.

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2011, 05:53:41 PM »

Sigh, both the article you posted and the one it cites as the source seem to ignore some fairly obvious points that, in my opinion, are pretty safe to assume. I find it hard to believe that GS would be able to just go ahead and print these codes at their leisure without either paying WB a boatload of cash for the privilege, or simply buying out a ton of them in advance. Either way, WB are going to get paid. Instead, they both seem to suggest that this is done without WBs consent. The codes are still doing their job here, especially since Gamestop is hardly the exclusive retailer of used games around the world,  making these codes far from "pointless". So, I'm going to assume that the authors are both either nerd baiting, or simply have the combined IQ of an eggplant. I'm guessing its the former, since its a fairly popular way to rack up views.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 06:08:03 PM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: