Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2014, 11:52:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337815 Posts in 13833 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  PSone Classics PSN rpgs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: PSone Classics PSN rpgs  (Read 31019 times)
Sise-Neg

Conquerer of the Cosmos

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2011, 04:48:14 PM »

They should also release Legend of Legaia.

This times 100.

Admin of The Legaia Wiki: legaia.wikia.com

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2011, 06:26:21 PM »

What else could the announcement be other than it will be available for another region?

Yeah, that may very well be the case, but its not what I was talking about. My gripe is with games already localised to english not being available in Europe. Thats the "good reason" I was looking for, I don't really care about the anouncment since its more than likely another "NA gets more great games, Europe gets squat...again" kind of thing (Yes, I am bitter). Would be nice to be pleasently surprised, but Im not getting my hopes up.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 06:28:53 PM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2011, 08:53:35 PM »

What else could the announcement be other than it will be available for another region?

Yeah, that may very well be the case, but its not what I was talking about. My gripe is with games already localised to english not being available in Europe. Thats the "good reason" I was looking for, I don't really care about the anouncment since its more than likely another "NA gets more great games, Europe gets squat...again" kind of thing (Yes, I am bitter). Would be nice to be pleasently surprised, but Im not getting my hopes up.

So, Europe hasn't seen a cd release of Chrono Cross yet either? One thing I don't understand about games is why it only gets released in selection location, then in other location later and still other locations never see it. Why is this? Wouldn't more releases worldwide generate more sales? Especially with a title like Chrono Cross? Seems like more of a mainstream RPG title.
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2011, 10:48:30 PM »

In Europe at least, there's a translation barrier. If there's an english translation already, that covers England, but nothing else really. Lots of people do speak english, but it hurts the market that much more. There's also the dozen different ratings boards, one of which (Germany) forces games to be censored in certain (rare) cases. In Switzerland (where I used to live), lots of people my age would refuse to play a game in English or Japanese or whatever on principle even if the French dub was horrible. 
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2011, 01:33:56 AM »

In Europe at least, there's a translation barrier. If there's an english translation already, that covers England, but nothing else really. Lots of people do speak english, but it hurts the market that much more. There's also the dozen different ratings boards, one of which (Germany) forces games to be censored in certain (rare) cases. In Switzerland (where I used to live), lots of people my age would refuse to play a game in English or Japanese or whatever on principle even if the French dub was horrible.  

Translational barriers arent really a problem with digital distribution since its esentially just adding a link to something thats already being hosted, even if no one in europe buys it, there is no financial loss (at least none that I can see). You're probably on to something with the censoring issues though.

So, Europe hasn't seen a cd release of Chrono Cross yet either?

Even if it did, finding a copy now would be very hard and, more than likely, very expensive.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 01:40:06 AM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2011, 02:59:07 AM »

If anyone is interested, Final Fantasy V is coming out in EU PSN as a PSone classic.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2011, 12:15:26 PM »

Always something I suppose, much rather hear about a Chrono Cross or Xenogears EU release though.

NOW PLAYING:
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2011, 05:23:31 AM »

Always something I suppose, much rather hear about a Chrono Cross or Xenogears EU release though.

Oh man, Square really hated us back in the day. But I agree with this, times ten thousand.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2011, 12:15:15 PM »

So this Tuesday's Chrono Cross announcement could be a PSN release for a couple regions I guess couldn't it? Or would it be for only one region? Which would be more probable? North American release or a European release? Or maybe another announcement entirely.
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2011, 09:17:34 AM »

So, does anyone know what the Chrono Cross announcement is yet? Wasn't there suppose to be an announcement today? Is it a PSN release?
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: April 12, 2011, 09:20:30 AM »

So, does anyone know what the Chrono Cross announcement is yet? Wasn't there suppose to be an announcement today? Is it a PSN release?

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/11/chrono-cross-is-psp-ready-but-still-doesnt-have-a-release-date/

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: April 12, 2011, 09:24:07 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/11/chrono-cross-is-psp-ready-but-still-doesnt-have-a-release-date/

Thanks for the link...so basically no real news other than its ready to go. But ready to go for which region? Is it ready for multiple regions or only one? And when? I was surprised no date was mentioned.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2011, 02:26:52 PM »

Thanks for the link...so basically no real news other than its ready to go. But ready to go for which region? Is it ready for multiple regions or only one? And when? I was surprised no date was mentioned.

Only came out in JP and NA.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2011, 02:32:08 PM »

Only came out in JP and NA.

Now thats a shocker, didn't see that one coming.

NOW PLAYING:
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2011, 02:33:46 PM »

Aaand chalk Final Fantasy VI up as another one for Japan's PSN. Loading times or not, I want it.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: