Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 10:34:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319738 Posts in 13047 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  PSone Classics PSN rpgs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: PSone Classics PSN rpgs  (Read 27759 times)
Vencoris

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2011, 02:52:36 AM »

You press Home/the PS button and you can select from several video settings amongst the options. You can go for 1:1 pixel (where applicable), stretch it to fit from top to bottom while retaining aspect ratio, stretch to fill the screen fully, or (I believe) even zoom in.

Thanks. I know it was probably a real basic question but as strange as it seems I'm still on the fence with which PS1 classic title to purchase. Just want to try and ask the questions that I'm sure I'll have once I do actually buy my first game. Thanks again.

I'm playing FF7 on psp now, and just like SOTN, it tends to have some unused black space on the top and bottom of the typical 4:3 screen, allowing you to use the manual zoom function to zoom in more than you'd expect to fit the psp wide screen aspect ratio.  You'll have a little unused space on the side, but less than if you were actually blowing up a 4:3 image.

The only time I ever even notice it is when a dialog text box happens to have an edge outside that area, although I haven't seen any actual text obscured and I haven't noticed any cutoff in the maps, characters or menus.

I'd guess you can probably do something similar on many ps1 games.
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2011, 12:28:04 PM »

You press Home/the PS button and you can select from several video settings amongst the options. You can go for 1:1 pixel (where applicable), stretch it to fit from top to bottom while retaining aspect ratio, stretch to fill the screen fully, or (I believe) even zoom in.

Thanks. I know it was probably a real basic question but as strange as it seems I'm still on the fence with which PS1 classic title to purchase. Just want to try and ask the questions that I'm sure I'll have once I do actually buy my first game. Thanks again.

I'm playing FF7 on psp now, and just like SOTN, it tends to have some unused black space on the top and bottom of the typical 4:3 screen, allowing you to use the manual zoom function to zoom in more than you'd expect to fit the psp wide screen aspect ratio.  You'll have a little unused space on the side, but less than if you were actually blowing up a 4:3 image.

The only time I ever even notice it is when a dialog text box happens to have an edge outside that area, although I haven't seen any actual text obscured and I haven't noticed any cutoff in the maps, characters or menus.

I'd guess you can probably do something similar on many ps1 games.

Is it the same with all ps1 classic titles? Even though the psp screen is a generous size my hope would be to fill it completely if possible...rpgs sometimes are tough on small screens due to the amount of dialogue so all screen real estate is essential.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 01:39:01 PM by Anime & RPGl and » Logged
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2011, 01:39:34 PM »

Threads of Fate...this week on PSN.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2011, 02:10:06 PM »

Neutopia, the first US PSN TurboGrafx Classic, is out this week too... For PSP and PS3.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: April 19, 2011, 12:46:47 AM »

Einhänder, where are you? :(
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: April 20, 2011, 09:16:50 AM »

Has anyone updated there psp to 6.38? I did this last night and now can not log on to PSN. With 6.37 it said I couldn't get in till I upgraded. Anyone have any issues or solutions to this issue.

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 11:41:27 AM by Anime & RPGl and » Logged
Maxximum

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2011, 09:36:40 AM »

Im fairly sure PSN requires the latest software update to log on. Are you sure the update was successfull?

NOW PLAYING:                                         IMPRESSIONS:
Natural Selection2:                                         RTS/FPS hybrid that I just cant seem to get bored of.
Hearthstone:                                                 I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: April 20, 2011, 10:13:09 AM »

Im fairly sure PSN requires the latest software update to log on. Are you sure the update was successfull?

As far as I know. I didn't see any errors. The psp was plugged in during installation. How would I know if it failed?
Maxximum

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: April 20, 2011, 10:15:37 AM »

What error does it give you when you try to log on?

NOW PLAYING:                                         IMPRESSIONS:
Natural Selection2:                                         RTS/FPS hybrid that I just cant seem to get bored of.
Hearthstone:                                                 I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: April 20, 2011, 10:43:57 AM »

Has anyone updated there psp to 6.38? I did this last night and now can now log on to PSN. With 6.37 it said I couldn't get in till I upgraded. Anyone have any issues or solutions to this issue.

Thanks

Just updated here yesterday and no issues here, maybe it's not your PSP but router/firewall...

Everything's Eventual
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: April 20, 2011, 11:41:09 AM »

Has anyone updated there psp to 6.38? I did this last night and now can now log on to PSN. With 6.37 it said I couldn't get in till I upgraded. Anyone have any issues or solutions to this issue.

Thanks

Just updated here yesterday and no issues here, maybe it's not your PSP but router/firewall...

Just says something along the lines of unable to connect...WLAN switch is on and I rebooted the router.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: April 20, 2011, 02:42:41 PM »

This might sound strange but when I first got my PSP I couldn't connect at all either (I imagine you were able to connect before the upgrade though so probably not applicable here) but for whatever reason when I logged in on my PS3 and reset the password suddenly my PSP would connect as well, purely coincidence I'm sure but weird stuff does happen.

Everything's Eventual
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2011, 09:45:59 PM »

Well, this I just don't understand at all...I just tried connecting my PSP to my wireless network and most times I connect it fails. I say most times because about every 7th scan for available networks my network shows up on the list at 100% signal strength. Then right after that scan where the psp sees it it then fails to connect. So it only shows up very sporadically and fails to connect. This was NOT the problem at all with update 6.37. Actually, when I updated last night the update downloaded successfully (while the psp was plugged in...low battery strength but still plugged in). The psp actually prompted me before the actually install that the battery was low. So I put the unit to sleep and let it finishing charging to full strength...then installed today. The system reads that 6.38 is the active running system, umds play fine and everything else seems normal other than not being able to connect to the network and I even rebooted the router a couple times. The laptop can even connect to it no problem. So it seems like the update to me. Any suggestions anyone?

I'm really bummed because I was going to the psn store last night to download my first title (Vagrant Story) and now this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 09:49:12 PM by Anime & RPGl and » Logged
Vencoris

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: April 20, 2011, 10:55:19 PM »

I'm not sure about the connection problem, but even if it doesn't get resolved right away you can still get games from psn.

Try using media go on pc (http://us.playstation.com/psn/mediago/), and from there you can drop the games to your psp via the usb cable much faster than trying to download them directly.  It also lets you keep all your games on hand, so you don't have to redownload if you delete or swap them around.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 12:00:16 AM by Vencoris » Logged
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: April 21, 2011, 09:12:30 AM »

Well, this I just don't understand at all...I just tried connecting my PSP to my wireless network and most times I connect it fails.

I have a similar problem, which is strange because I never had the problem when I first connected my PSP to my wireless network. But recently it refuses to connect, even though I am connected to the network. I try to update but it says it won't connect. It's really strange.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: