Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 09:15:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327212 Posts in 13394 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  PSone Classics PSN rpgs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Print
Author Topic: PSone Classics PSN rpgs  (Read 28763 times)
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: November 08, 2011, 08:38:26 AM »

Chrono Cross is out today! Anyone interested in purchasing it? Think I will, cause I still haven't played it but I'm on the fence about Chrono Trigger if it isn't a great version of the game.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: November 08, 2011, 02:47:06 PM »

Chrono Cross is out today! Anyone interested in purchasing it? Think I will, cause I still haven't played it but I'm on the fence about Chrono Trigger if it isn't a great version of the game.

Id buy it instantly if only they would bother to add it to the Euro PS Store. Also, any version of CT is a "great version", because even in first incarnation, the game was awesome.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R.: Perseus Mandate: May as well.
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: November 08, 2011, 04:42:53 PM »

Ooh, I forgot CC is coming out today. It's been so long since I've played it, I'm due to go through it again.

More surprising is the news that Vanguard Bandits is coming out. I remember renting this back when Red Octane was actually a gaming rental service. It's...fair. Nothing wonderful, but worth another play through.

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: November 08, 2011, 05:40:54 PM »

I really need to read up on why digitally distributed games are still region restricted. It makes no sense. The game is translated, on the PSN servers and ready for purchase. What sense does limiting it to NA make? I doubt Sony hates money, so I'm really curious what the actual problem is.

NOW PLAYING:
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 08, 2011, 06:11:43 PM »

Maybe it's different requirements for going through the import program? SE may well push for that.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 08, 2011, 06:28:21 PM »

Approval processes in each region, most likely. For one, even though they're old games they always have to go through the ratings board for that region again. And Sony of Japan, Sony of America, Sony of Europe etc. probably have different requirements/turnaround time for putting rereleases on PSN.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Champlooz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: November 08, 2011, 06:39:38 PM »

I really need to read up on why digitally distributed games are still region restricted. It makes no sense. The game is translated, on the PSN servers and ready for purchase. What sense does limiting it to NA make? I doubt Sony hates money, so I'm really curious what the actual problem is.

It's not region restricted, you just need to create an US account.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: November 08, 2011, 08:40:27 PM »

Yeah, I live in the US and frequently buy stuff from the JP PSN.

Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: November 09, 2011, 08:13:57 AM »

I actually am a little surprised that Chrono Trigger is $10. That seems a bit high for such an old game that isn't that long. I can see why games like FF VII, VIII, IX, and even Chrono Cross are $10 but not CT.
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: November 09, 2011, 12:44:36 PM »

Part of the reason for the delay between regions might be (at least for North America and Europe) might be the PAL NTSC difference. Vagrant Story runs visibly differently after all.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: November 09, 2011, 01:06:34 PM »

It's not region restricted, you just need to create an US account.

I meant restricted in the sense that its only available in certain regions, I suppose "limited" to may have been a better word.

NOW PLAYING:
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 09, 2011, 03:38:39 PM »

I actually am a little surprised that Chrono Trigger is $10. That seems a bit high for such an old game that isn't that long. I can see why games like FF VII, VIII, IX, and even Chrono Cross are $10 but not CT.

It's an RPG, all but the very shortest have enough game to them to be worth $10, and those shortest may well be some of the best the genre can offer anyway.

No, it's surprising it's $10 because it's a shoddy port. I guess you could argue that the cinematics make up for that and there's no price point between $6 and $10, but when Parasite Eve is there for $6 it's kind of galling.
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: November 09, 2011, 08:02:25 PM »

I purchased Chrono Cross.Now I have an opened copy,an unopened copy and the downloaded version :)

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: November 12, 2011, 05:45:05 AM »

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain made it on to the EU PSN.

NOW PLAYING:
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: November 12, 2011, 07:35:19 PM »

Just purchased CC. It looks great running on the PSP in full screen mode. Played for about an hour and seems like an awesome game. I may still pick up CT. Is it bad to play CC before CT?

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: