Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 02:53:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330170 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  PSone Classics PSN rpgs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Print
Author Topic: PSone Classics PSN rpgs  (Read 29505 times)
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: November 12, 2011, 09:53:10 PM »

Just purchased CC. It looks great running on the PSP in full screen mode. Played for about an hour and seems like an awesome game. I may still pick up CT. Is it bad to play CC before CT?

No, you'll be fine. There are certain story segments in CC that allude to past events in CT, but it's not like CC is a sequel to CT.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 12, 2011, 10:25:59 PM »

CC is practically an original game that HAD to be a CT sequel. There's definitely enough tie-ins but it's not a big deal.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: November 12, 2011, 10:32:15 PM »

BAH!  I would totally buy this if I didn't just beat it Summer '10... If I'm gonna replay it, it's going to be with the Fast Forward button .=P

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: November 13, 2011, 04:10:48 AM »

Just purchased CC. It looks great running on the PSP in full screen mode. Played for about an hour and seems like an awesome game. I may still pick up CT. Is it bad to play CC before CT?

Not really. The parts that won't make sense now still won't make sense even if you have played CT. Actually it'd probably make even more sense without having played CT first (where did Porrie get that army from anyway?).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: November 13, 2011, 05:11:45 AM »

If anything I would add that playing CC before playing CT is actually probably the "best" way to experience it. I missed CT on the SNES and didn't wind up playing it until its PSOne port; having played CC first. Going CC to CT makes the final cutscene of CT more of a "Oh hey, that's pretty cool!" rather than a "Um...what's this about?"
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: November 13, 2011, 09:49:48 AM »

If anything I would add that playing CC before playing CT is actually probably the "best" way to experience it. I missed CT on the SNES and didn't wind up playing it until its PSOne port; having played CC first. Going CC to CT makes the final cutscene of CT more of a "Oh hey, that's pretty cool!" rather than a "Um...what's this about?"

Hmm... aaallll right.  Just know that while CT does have beautiful 2D, you won't see nearly as many pretty beaches in CT. :(

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: December 06, 2011, 07:11:00 PM »

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q4-2011/120611c.html

And here's some FFVI for those who care.

green_jello

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: December 14, 2011, 06:29:39 AM »

Hey fellors, can anyone tell me if playing psone classics on psp is as good as playing on ps3 on your tv?
Which do you prefer? playing psone games on psp or ps3.
And can you backup your saves on ps3 or pc? Since sometimes my psp game saves get corrupted but it hasnt happened in a long time tho.
Also, i just heard that with the new firmware if you delete a game from your psp memory stick to make room for a new game you would have to re-download that game back to the psp? Dont they just all stay on your ps3 and you can transfer games back an forth between ps3 and psp?

Oh, and heres another question. If i was playing a psone game (disc version) on ps3 and have my save on the ps3 virtual memory card or whatever that things called. Can i download the same game off psn an use my same save from the ps3 and continue my game on psp?

Also, what do you do with your old psone games that you already had on disc but re-bought the game again from psn?
Keep them or sell/trade them off? I'd rather keep the disc copy games myself the only reason im asking is because i want to play them on psp.
And i want to get these 2 games Suikoden 1 & xenogears an there alot cheaper then the disc versions.
welp, sorry again for the crap tons of questions there fellors.
g'day.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 06:36:41 AM by green_jello » Logged
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: December 31, 2011, 07:16:44 PM »

Got a PSN card over the holidays and not sure what to get any suggestions fellow gamers? I have Chrono Cross and have considered FFV, VI and was also looking for a really good strategy game. Tactics Ogre and Jeanne de arc is still pretty expensive $20or more while the physical copies are only $10 or $15 in the store. I have all the Ys titles and Lunar but don't know what else to get. I really have been away from the game scene the last couple of years with only short visits here and there.
beach1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: January 11, 2012, 12:50:58 AM »

Got a PSN card over the holidays and not sure what to get any suggestions fellow gamers? I have Chrono Cross and have considered FFV, VI and was also looking for a really good strategy game. Tactics Ogre and Jeanne de arc is still pretty expensive $20or more while the physical copies are only $10 or $15 in the store. I have all the Ys titles and Lunar but don't know what else to get. I really have been away from the game scene the last couple of years with only short visits here and there.

If you haven't spent your credit yet, you might want to get Vanguard Bandits. It's an old PS1 SRPG that was brought out by Working Designs. I'm midway into it so far, but I'm liking it a lot.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: April 12, 2012, 03:02:12 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/04/11/the-legend-of-dragoon-coming-to-psone-classics-in-may/

Bamping this for a classic in the genre of terrible translations, bad voice acting, and tapestry pan-over cutscenes.

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: April 12, 2012, 09:32:06 AM »

We have a site attached to the forums, you know:P http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2012/1338.html

But, yeah, I'll be getting this.  I'm one of the few who actually liked Legend of Dragoon (disks 3 and 4 were rather good) back in ye olden days.  Totally underrated game, especially the music.  About freaking time this hit PSN!

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: April 12, 2012, 10:30:50 AM »

I second that. No idea why it took so long for them to put it up; aside from the fact that the game is rather notorious for giving software which shant be named glitches galore. Maybe it took them this long to iron out the bugs.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: April 12, 2012, 10:47:19 PM »

I second that. No idea why it took so long for them to put it up; aside from the fact that the game is rather notorious for giving software which shant be named glitches galore. Maybe it took them this long to iron out the bugs.

I've never seen that a PSone game for PSN was fixed in any way or delayed because of that.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: April 12, 2012, 11:42:05 PM »

When I used to dabble back before the PSN was a reality; LoD was about the only title I ever came across that gave such an error. Hence why I think it could've creeped up here. But we'll probably never know. XD
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: