Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 11:56:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337940 Posts in 13835 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Recommendations on RPGs, please?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: Recommendations on RPGs, please?  (Read 17382 times)
Shadow Blade

shadowblade_x@hotmail.com shadowbladex8@ao
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2006, 10:27:26 PM »

Hey, I survived MGS2 after all. Most reviews about the AI series say that the game's graphics engine is dated and so the VO, but as long as the battle system is fun, I can burn 50 hours without even noticing it.

What?!
Shadow Blade

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2006, 02:54:38 PM »

I have a question, how is Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits? Not "End of Darkness".

What?!
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2006, 03:12:17 PM »

I liked the game personally.  Most people who played it didn't like the human cast (especially Kharg) but the demora side more than made up for the generic humans.  The reason I always recommend the game comes down to one character:  Bebedora (my avatar).  She is the most unique, fun character I've ever run across in a video game.  Her weapon is a stuffed bunny rabbit for heaven's sake.  How can you not like her?  If you get it you'll find yourself rushing through the Kharg's chapters to get to Darc's.  Still, I think the game is worthwhile.  Plus it's only like $10 now.

Edit:  Oh, even though you didn't ask, End of Darkness SUCKS!  Stay far, far away from it.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Shadow Blade

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2006, 03:51:31 PM »

Trust me, I'm avoiding it like the plauge. But I am interested in TotS. Too bad I missed the time when I saw a used copy at EB for 7$ :S

What?!
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2006, 04:35:35 PM »

For the price you can get the game now it is certainly worthy it. Bad graphics and ok battle system. As already said, the demon side is 100% better than the human side.
Shadow Blade

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2006, 05:13:25 PM »

Well... They're not THAT bad. It's just bland.

What?!
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2006, 01:01:38 PM »

Okay. Going to steal this topic because people, I need your advice. As we all know there's been an assload of RPG releases recently. And I can't really decide what games I should buy. I can pretty much only afford two games at the moment, and one of those will be Final Fantasy XII. So now I need your help to decide which the other one should be. Tales of the Abyss, Devil Summoner and Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria all look mighty good. So yeah, give me advice. Which of the new RPG releases should I get, and why?
Shadow Blade

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2006, 03:20:27 AM »

Bumping this boy to ask a question:

Aterlier Iris: Eternal Mana
or
La Pucelle: Tactics

Which one would you buy?

What?!
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2006, 11:55:36 AM »

Cauton -  The only game I've played on the list is Devil Summoner.  It's my least favorite of the MegaTen games, but I did enjoy it for the most part.    Gameplay does get repetitive but the demon fusion thing kept me going.  I've heard great things about TotA so perhaps that would be your best bet.  It's the cheapest of the bunch too.  

Shadow Blade:  I bought them both and sold them both.  The question is  what are you in the mood for?  If you are looking for a strat. game then La Pucelle is the choice for you.  If you are looking to synthesize items then AI is for you.  They both are humorous games, but I have to give the nod to AI for making me laugh more.  Personally I enjoyed AI more, but then again I'm not really into SRPGs.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2006, 02:59:08 PM »

Quote from: "CluelessWonder"
Shadow Blade: I bought them both and sold them both.  The question is  what are you in the mood for?  If you are looking for a strat. game then La Pucelle is the choice for you.  If you are looking to synthesize items then AI is for you.  They both are humorous games, but I have to give the nod to AI for making me laugh more.  Personally I enjoyed AI more, but then again I'm not really into SRPGs.

Ditto.

SRPGs take more time than I care to, leave me saying, "Oh, let it END!!!" the whole time, and have me selling them very quickly once I finish them. It shouldn't take a single character to slay (an) entire battlefield(s) of enemies before they gain a level.

Atelier Iris had decent humor and scriptwriting, but still suffers from the cliche good vs. evil thing (the villain's not even really all that cool), little character development, and the battle system, while developed just enough, suffers too much from you running into weak enemies too much, making level-building more of a chore than it has to be.
salinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2006, 04:21:19 AM »

hey pals guess what i install modchip on my ps2 what mean that i can buy ntsc games! i already order ff12 but i want to buy tales of legendia as well since i "tales of hooker" i d'idnt want abyss cause i read a big spoiler on that one and the story is important to me...  i read review on legendia on some hebrew site (dont trust gamespot\ign and didnt saw review here)

and the review said that after the main game over there are side quest that complete the story and all so that mean that the main game is very short or something??? and i can to miss those side quest or what? thanks!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: