Author Topic: Dissidia 012[duodecim] Final Fantasy

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
Re: Dissidia 012[duodecim] Final Fantasy
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 08:12:14 PM »
I hated the first dissidia, felt too much like a shitty dragonball tenkaichi, and the designs for the characters were HORRIBLE (WTF BARTZ!!!). If this plays the same, idc how much of tifa's huge boobs they put in it, no thanks.

TASTY!

Fadedsun

• Sunny Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 08:14:25 PM »
I hated the first dissidia, felt too much like a shitty dragonball tenkaichi, and the designs for the characters were HORRIBLE (WTF BARTZ!!!). If this plays the same, idc how much of tifa's huge boobs they put in it, no thanks.

I owned Dissidia for a bit before I traded it in toward the purchase of my 3DS. It got very boring after a while. I can't imagine this version changing my mind. If this was a 2D, or even a 2.5D fighting game, then I think it would be much better.
"Oh, a hunter..."

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 11:30:24 PM »

Haha Bartz's non-sprite clothes made him look like a male ballerina in... like....well, a male lead for Swan Lake.  His Zebra outfit didn't make things better.

Mind you, I think a lot of the 2nd alternative outfits are absolutely awesome.

And fuck y'all; Terra's hair is FUCKING GREEN.
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Cyril

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 12:28:49 AM »
I owned Dissidia for a bit before I traded it in toward the purchase of my 3DS. It got very boring after a while. I can't imagine this version changing my mind. If this was a 2D, or even a 2.5D fighting game, then I think it would be much better.

Funny, I think I would absolutely hate the game if it were 2D and I don't see how it would improve the game.   The 3D and air combat really lets it "feel" like a fight between FF characters.  If anything, SE got the "feel" right.

Also, some more comments now that I'm on Chapter 8.

- The game actually requires you to learn the characters this time around.  In the original you could learn one character and button mash the rest of the characters.  But in this one, you have to spend the time using all of the new characters.  I like that.  It doesn't feel like they're just tossed in the game.

- The story is actually more interesting this time.  Less corny and tacky.  There are still  palm-to-forehead moments, but overall I find I'm actually interested in the story this time compared to being completely apathetic in Dissidia 1. Also
Code: [Select]
There's this one scene where you play as Sephiroth threatening Tifa.  I really liked that.
Most of the "villain" scenes have you playing as Terra and other "reformed" villains, like Kuja.
Yes, Kuja is as a "reformed" villain in this game.  But Sephiroth is being truly villainous in the scene and I
appreciated the "I'm being evil" moment.

- Yuna is fun to play as.  Her learning curve seemed a bit easy, like Terra's from 1.  That means she's probably harder to play as later.

- Tifa has the potential to be an absolute beast in the hands of a player skilled with her feints.  I can see her dominating.  But in the hands of the AI, she's horrible and all of her potential is wasted.   She's not really my type of character, as I prefer more of a mid range, but I can see how and why someone would like to use her.  Also, her post battle quote "You needed more training.  Just kidding!" is obnoxious.

I haven't unlocked the last hidden characters yet, but I don't think any of them are my "style" so to speak. But hey, I might be surprised.

Demon_Princess_Kay

• Banninated
    • View Profile
    • My 1up page
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 01:24:55 AM »
Gabranth better still play the same (and still be in the game for that matter) or I'm gonna be fucking pissed

Cyril

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 01:57:36 AM »
I'm not a big Gabranth player so I can't tell you how much he's been changed, but I can tell you he is in the game and he does still rely on EX Mode.
All of the characters have had some tweaks though, and feel slightly different from their counterparts in the original. You might want to expect some differences in range, priority, or speed.

Demon_Princess_Kay

• Banninated
    • View Profile
    • My 1up page
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 02:05:17 AM »
I'm not a big Gabranth player so I can't tell you how much he's been changed, but I can tell you he is in the game and he does still rely on EX Mode.
All of the characters have had some tweaks though, and feel slightly different from their counterparts in the original. You might want to expect some differences in range, priority, or speed.
As long as he's still around and relies on EX mode is all i care about.

Gen Eric Gui

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2011, 02:59:27 PM »

As a fan of Amano's original artwork for the FF series, I have to say that Bartz's costume was amazing.  He's actually one of my favorite designs from the original game.

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 09:18:40 AM by Yggdrasil »

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2011, 06:56:55 PM »
My question is which Dissidia is worth having? I currently own the first, but I'm not really a big enough fan to justify buying and holding onto both. If I buy the second I'll probably sell off the first. So is the second one better enough to warrant buying it and selling the first off? Or is the first one similar enough I might as well just pass on the second?

Cyril

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2011, 07:33:22 PM »
The second game has the entire main storyline and SI of the original Dissidia built into it.  The only thing you'll be missing is some of Dissidia 1's item-gathering modes, which were effectively unending streams of battles.  To replace these they've added a "Labyrinth" mode which is actually quite fun.  

While Dissidia 012 does add quite a few new features, balancing, and whatnot, it really still is basically "more, enhanced, of the same." The addition of parties requires you to learn how to play more than one character, for example. The original Dissidia storyline maps have the explorable overworld now.

Not to mention that you can transfer your data from Dissidia 1 to Dissidia 012.  This doesn't transfer everything, mind you. Equipment and accessories do not transfer, but things that you bought in the catalog such as alternate stages/outfits, and playable characters, will all be unlocked at the start if they were unlocked with your Dissidia 1 data. You can also choose to transfer levels and Mastered skills.

The only reason (and, depending on who you are, it could be a huge reason) you'd want to keep the original Dissidia once you own Dissidia 012 is if you main Terra.  Terra plays completely differently and has overall taken a large nerf in Dissidia 012.  

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2011, 07:36:12 PM »
The only reason (and, depending on who you are, it could be a huge reason) you'd want to keep the original Dissidia once you own Dissidia 012 is if you main Terra.  Terra plays completely differently and has overall taken a large nerf in Dissidia 012.  

>.> Great. I played Terra... -_-

Thanks for the info!

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2011, 01:05:15 PM »
Info about the new DLC for Dissidia 012:

- Zidane and Kuja's costumes are 300yen each, coming out next week.

- FFIX BGM Set (3 tracks) is also 300yen, out next week.

- The FFIV BGM Set released today contains: "Golbez, Clad in Darkness", "Within the Giant", and "The Final Battle".

- The FFIX BGM Set will contain: "Sword of Fury", "Festival of the Hunt", and "Rose of May".

There are screens for the new costumes. Both costumes were designed by Minaba, the art director of FFIX (click here to see images).

300 yen was the same price of the demo in Japan, so with that in mind, this DLC should cost $2.99 each. Also, augmented reality.

http://dlgames.square-enix.com/dissidia_012ar/en/

RpgN

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2011, 05:51:34 AM »
Yeah, too expensive for one costume and a set of old songs.
I come in peace :)