Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 05:40:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334830 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  a pet peeve of mine is....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 Print
Author Topic: a pet peeve of mine is....  (Read 28416 times)
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: May 26, 2011, 02:33:43 AM »

Why can't you wear a coat to this thing?

Because if there is a fire, people might die! Because of my coat!

Also, coats may be used to steal stuff from the dealerroom. My coat is magical like a bag of infinite holding and I can totally fit that random 1/8 statue of jailbait moe character #163 in there.

Or that they want to make sure female endowments are more visible?

You could be on to something... There are also very specific rules about where you should wear your badge. On the left side of your chest, which gives the gophers, stewards, staff and security an excuse to stare at your chest when checking badges.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure they have these rules for the sake of having lots of rules. They think it makes them look more important. I doubt they'll ever try to enforce rules like the coat rule, because that would mean they'd have to start a con-wide cosplayer hunt and kick out half of them.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: May 26, 2011, 10:03:44 AM »

I tried watching Lucky Star before but the art style pisses me off. In fact that annoys me about many anime/manga. Some try way too hard to be cutesy and I just want to smash my screen because it's basically eye rape.

Lucky Star is bitchin'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cJzVhFR8w

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: May 26, 2011, 11:50:11 PM »

buying a game off ebay from a seller with a no return policy who has great feedback but the game is scratched all to hell, I know it's a buyer beware market and ebay protection covers many things but seriously, WTF, ebay should NEVER have gotten rid of negative feedback options, yes it was/could be abused but it also provided additional information. I buy quite a bit and I have almost never been burned so I guess I shouldn't bitch much but I certainly got burned here...oh well...

Everything's Eventual
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: May 27, 2011, 12:00:12 AM »

Two things:

1) When my parents don't understand that a joke is nothing more than a joke and/ or when they think my serious moments are jokes.

2) When I'm not feeling good and they try to abuse that for their own purposes instead of trying to make me feel better.

And one more thing: when I invite people over to my house and they tell me why I'm a bad friend. I have two options; be my friend or don't. If you don't like my friendship, you end it. Plain and simple.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: May 27, 2011, 08:22:02 AM »

And one more thing: when I invite people over to my house and they tell me why I'm a bad friend. I have two options; be my friend or don't. If you don't like my friendship, you end it. Plain and simple.

But in order for a friendship to grow there needs to be space for honesty. A friendship is like any other relationship and if that friend feels you haven't been a good friend why not try and understand where that criticism comes from. That kind of it's either this or that attitude toward friendship really isn't the best one to take.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: May 27, 2011, 05:48:02 PM »

buying a game off ebay from a seller with a no return policy who has great feedback but the game is scratched all to hell, I know it's a buyer beware market and ebay protection covers many things but seriously, WTF, ebay should NEVER have gotten rid of negative feedback options, yes it was/could be abused but it also provided additional information. I buy quite a bit and I have almost never been burned so I guess I shouldn't bitch much but I certainly got burned here...oh well...

I don't understand how buyers not being able to receive negative feedback effects you here.  You bought from a seller, who can receive negative feedback.  Unless the problem is he has good feedback because he mainly buys and doesn't usually sell, I don't get it.

Just complain to Paypal.  You could probably complain that his cat sneezed on the product and thus not what you wanted, and still get your money back.  Their system is a joke and completely caters to the buyers.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: May 27, 2011, 10:18:12 PM »

Actually in this case I spoke in anger before I contacted the seller. Even though he has a no return policy he apologized and offered to replace the disc, and I stand corrected, I thought when ebay changed all their buyer/seller stuff a while ago they'd gotten rid of negative feedback, I was wrong in that aspect. And you were right about the buyer/seller feedback, he almost exclusively had feedback as a buyer so I was pissed and should have slowed down and took a breath.

Everything's Eventual
Commander Jubby Shepard
What do you call a kid with no arms and an eye patch? Names.

If you come back you will find me a very grave man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: May 27, 2011, 11:23:38 PM »

But in order for a friendship to grow there needs to be space for honesty. A friendship is like any other relationship and if that friend feels you haven't been a good friend why not try and understand where that criticism comes from. That kind of it's either this or that attitude toward friendship really isn't the best one to take.

It's the only one I can take. I've tried what you've done with people before and all it ends up with is me being hurt and people wanting more from me. I set out my rules and if you don't like them, you don't have to be around to follow them.

If it'll hold Jello, Utah will put Jello in it.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: May 28, 2011, 12:05:10 AM »

people asking me if i could ever love a guy.....

just give up already man!

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: June 06, 2011, 11:02:00 AM »

this toilet paper +1 bought. It's basically 0-ply.

nuff said
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: June 06, 2011, 11:05:52 AM »

people asking me if i could ever love a guy.....

just give up already man!

We are just a pile of little secrets.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: June 06, 2011, 03:31:49 PM »

lol i had never seen that before that is hilarious.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: June 08, 2011, 02:00:21 AM »

generations of shitty console names

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile