Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 10:05:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334685 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  a pet peeve of mine is....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28 Print
Author Topic: a pet peeve of mine is....  (Read 28372 times)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2011, 06:12:14 PM »

-Parents who don't discipline their kids.  Don't want to put in the work?  Don't have kids.  Being your kid's "friend" does not help them.  I hate seeing kids have a meltdown in public places.  I don't know if taking a kid outside is going to make them do it more often, but you're ruining dinner for the rest of the fucking restaurant if you don't.

-People who clog up the passing lane on highways and 4 lane streets.  I see this everyday.  Not turning left?  Not passing someone?  Why be in the passing lane going 5-10 under the speed limit?

-People who don't cover their mouth when they cough or sneeze in public.  No one wants your germs, asshole.  When I'm sick, I try to limit my exposure to public places as much as possible so I don't spread my germs.  I feel like I'm in the minority with that.  I can understand with work since people need money or just may not be allowed to call off, but you don't need to go to the gym or similar places if you're sick.

A pet peeve is right now. At school. Spaces are really right this time of year at the library (projects, exams), and a TON of students leave their bags and abandon the spot, saving it by placing their stuff down, for HOURS. One was gone for over 3 hour while students were sitting on floors and library aisles. A minor thing, but it's so disrespectful. I hate when we get people who can't use a quiet voice in the "quiet zones" of our library either. Fucking chatty Cathy's like that annoy me. It's bad enough when I see class averages AT LEAST 10 points lower than mine - some students clearly don't belong.  I'm not against having a good time at school, but its the people who screw around longer than study in a study area the peeve me off.

I agree with all of this.  Why go up to the top floor reserved for quiet studying if you're in a group and are going to talk?  It's just fucking rude.  Glad I don't have to put up with that shit anymore.  I can't comment about the bags being abandoned because your shit would get stolen at my uni.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 06:41:01 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2011, 06:42:03 PM »

The glow of phones being used during a movie.

Ordering food a certain way and having all fucked up

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2011, 07:27:33 PM »

What about that tattoo? >_>

It gives me +10 sex appeal.

Well played!

"Oh, a hunter..."
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2011, 07:42:35 PM »

i wear baggy jeans all the time,buuuuuuuuuuut i also wear a belt D:

i dont know if this is what kay means but some lesbians i know consider girls that have had sex with a girl but never a man a virgin. i dont share my sexual conquests but one time a friend successfully bribed me with his copy of valkyria chronicles!  <3 Dallas!

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2011, 09:36:56 PM »

Gay pride is... an embarrassment to me. But I'm just like that. There is no rules saying all gay men must be all "We're here, we're queer, get used to it". I like the idea behind it, keeping gay issues at the forefront, but it just seems excessive. No one would condone a straight parade where there was that much public nudity and lewdness.

Aww Starmongoose,you're no fun.Why ya gotta slap my ba... *cough*

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2011, 09:58:07 PM »

I abhor people who don't chew food with their mouth closed, right next to me. So obnoxious. It always happens to be when I'm trying to focus on something too.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2011, 10:01:50 PM »

Sup folks, long time no see!

I have many a pet peve, however, most are NOT irrational. Strange huh?

1) People who don't know how to use There, Their, and They're. It's not hard, practice it! I don't expect perfect grammar or perfect punctuation, but please, use these correctly; you read like a fucking hillbilly.

2) If you make a mistake, own up to it; dont be the douche that argues when he's clearly wrong. I'm dealing with a colleague at work like this and I'm really hoping she gets fired.

3) Movie remakes of a movie that is less than 50 years old. We do not need to remake Spiderman and Superman or fucking ANYTHING from the 80s. Let those things be. When we are grandparents then we can remake this shit.

4) Internet douche trolls. I am aware I used to be one of those. I have grown up; beat it.

This is my biggest one and I HATE people that do this:

5) "Fuck Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter, those movies are fucking gay and stupid. Wanna go see Twilight and/or the next Transformers movie?"

Fuck off.

As i think of more I'm totally going to add more. I love these topics!

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2011, 10:06:54 PM »

New pet peeve:

Dade not being around enough. WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN.

..I mean, how've you been?

Also, I'm at Starbuck's right now and I have to agree with the peeve about people who leave their bags on chairs and then fuck off for hours at a time. Same deal at another coffee shop last weekend. Why the hell bother? I hate leaving my shit for five MINUTES.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2011, 10:08:36 PM »

4) Internet douche trolls. I am aware I used to be one of those. I have grown up; beat it.

They grow up! HALLELUJAH!

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2011, 10:19:49 PM »

i wear baggy jeans all the time,buuuuuuuuuuut i also wear a belt D:

i dont know if this is what kay means but some lesbians i know consider girls that have had sex with a girl but never a man a virgin.
Well it's a bit more complicated than that, but i promised i wouldn't discuss it. So i wont. I'll just save it for a time when no one's expecting it :P
Anyways, I wear cargo pants, but i never wear a belt, don't like them, belts i mean

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2011, 10:28:28 PM »

I hate Harry Potter, mainly because of how horrible the writing style is and how idiotic the author is.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2011, 10:31:06 PM »

I hate Harry Potter, mainly because of how horrible the writing style is and how idiotic the author is.

Really? I have no idea as to how JK Rowling is in real life, but I think she writes very good childrens/teen fantasy.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2011, 10:38:23 PM »

Finishing a boss battle that takes nearly 20-30 minutes then having the game shut down on you before you save.

Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2011, 10:39:22 PM »

Finishing a boss battle that takes nearly 20-30 minutes then having the game shut down on you before you save.
Oh shit! I hate that!

MindCandy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2011, 10:45:43 PM »

I abhor people who don't chew food with their mouth closed, right next to me. So obnoxious. It always happens to be when I'm trying to focus on something too.
I'm posting this at a coffee house I frequent. This is the second time this COW of a woman has come here. She's across the damn room and I can hear her smacking like she lacks lips. And how the hell do you SLURP SALAD?
I wish to hurt her...

Side note, Rowling has seemed moronic to me every time I've seen her, but it's possible she could just be... different. Some authors are.

Currently playing:
Xbox 360 - NIER
Wii - Metroid Prime 2: Echos (trilogy version)
PSP - Disgaea
DS - SMT: Devil Survivor
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: