Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 08:47:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319697 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  a pet peeve of mine is....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28 Print
Author Topic: a pet peeve of mine is....  (Read 27143 times)
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: March 31, 2011, 08:52:09 AM »

It's one thing when people smoke in front of me (I can ask them to move, or stop, or move somewhere myself), but I really get irritated when smokers feel entitled to smoke wherever the hell they want. If a person decides to smoke, whatever. I've smoked. But I refuse to believe that smokers are ignorant enough to not understand the serious health risks and feel perfectly entitled to blow their smoke in the company of others. It's selfish, and childish, especially when someone talks to them and they throw a hissy fit. I don't care if you need your fix, go somewhere else.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: March 31, 2011, 09:43:02 AM »

I'm quite satisfied with the laws here that disallow people from smoking indoors-- it helps eliminate that pet peeve. My dad was a smoker though so it was never a big problem for me in the first place.

Body odour. I mean, really, have some people never heard of deodorant? Do they never take showers? Blegh.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: March 31, 2011, 09:55:47 AM »

Body odour. I mean, really, have some people never heard of deodorant? Do they never take showers? Blegh.

I know some people at animeconventions don't shower on purpose that weekend. The gameroom smells like a slaughterhouse in midsummer anyway, so why sacrifice those precious ten minutes of their time to pour some water and soap over themselves, right? The girls who spray deodorant every ten minutes but don't actually do anything else are just as bad.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: March 31, 2011, 10:04:09 AM »

I know some people at animeconventions don't shower on purpose that weekend. The gameroom smells like a slaughterhouse in midsummer anyway, so why sacrifice those precious ten minutes of their time to pour some water and soap over themselves, right? The girls who spray deodorant every ten minutes but don't actually do anything else are just as bad.

Haven't been to a convention in ages, I'd forgotten about their b.o. issues! D:

I really don't like scented sprays because those girls overuse it; deodorant should never be mistaken for perfume. It's really nauseating.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 31, 2011, 01:34:13 PM »

Never been to an anime con, never will. But I can only imagine how bad the smell is.

E3's not like that, but it has its moments.

On a similar note as B.O., bad breath drives me absolutely insane. Back in Vancouver, I often wondered if people on the trains/at school/in the malls etc. had brushed their teeth or ever heard of gum. It's gross. (And I hate to say it, but it was far more prevalent among Asians there...) I get paranoid about my breath, especially after coffee, onions, garlic etc. so I always have some kind of gum.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: March 31, 2011, 02:32:59 PM »

that's disgusting.

Yoda is a fan of proper hygiene

Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: March 31, 2011, 03:10:53 PM »

that's disgusting.

Yoda is a fan of proper hygiene

I was hoping for a more Yoda-like response...

CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: March 31, 2011, 04:25:04 PM »

I get paranoid about my breath, especially after coffee, onions, garlic etc. so I always have some kind of gum.

I'm pretty much a chewing gum addict because of my paranoia. :P

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: March 31, 2011, 05:03:40 PM »

Why do some people find showering so difficult? I'm never going to an anime convention because of this.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: March 31, 2011, 06:10:53 PM »

Why do some people find showering so difficult? I'm never going to an anime convention because of this.

Fuck me, I hate that.  Canadian summers are usually pretty humid, making it much, much worse, especially at conventions.  FUCKING DEODORANT.  USE IT.  It's like Two Bucks!!   Note to the wise if any of you here don't use it - not a turn on. x(

Had another pet peeve today, again, at school.  I hate when cute little girlfriends are walking down the corridor, like at least 2 or 3 girls across, and they're so busy talking, they walk at a snail's pace and it's hard to get passed them.  GRR.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: March 31, 2011, 06:30:15 PM »

Had another pet peeve today, again, at school.  I hate when cute little girlfriends are walking down the corridor, like at least 2 or 3 girls across, and they're so busy talking, they walk at a snail's pace and it's hard to get passed them.  GRR.

Similar: People looking at their phones while getting off the train/bus. I wasn't in any hurry but I was behind some chump that was right by the door at the stop. So the doors open and he's like baby stepping it while people are trying to get off. I actually brushed him aside a bit

I didn't think anime conventions would be a haven for the beautiful people but I had no idea the rap for disgusting ones was so bad.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: March 31, 2011, 06:39:36 PM »

Fuck me,

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: March 31, 2011, 06:58:51 PM »

Fuck me,

Annubis
Image is from Magical Diary. It's the Deus Ex of VN/Dating sim

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: March 31, 2011, 06:59:33 PM »

Similar: People looking at their phones while getting off the train/bus. I wasn't in any hurry but I was behind some chump that was right by the door at the stop. So the doors open and he's like baby stepping it while people are trying to get off. I actually brushed him aside a bit

I didn't think anime conventions would be a haven for the beautiful people but I had no idea the rap for disgusting ones was so bad.

On the other hand, I hate when I'm right next to the door because I'm getting off and the person brushes me aside before the doors are even opened.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: March 31, 2011, 07:01:55 PM »

Well that's just rude. I'm all for waiting my turn but some dude playing angry birds taking his sweet time... ungh..

Also, there's been some guy ripping phones out of people's hands and jumping on the train before they knew what him them.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: