Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 08:37:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338766 Posts in 13865 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Resident Evil Revival Selection
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Resident Evil Revival Selection  (Read 8205 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: March 22, 2011, 09:59:03 PM »

A mysterious title has popped up in the table of contents for this week's Famitsu: "Resident Evil Revival Selection." This PS3 and Xbox 360 title gets four pages of coverage in the magazine. We're going to have to wait for details.

Source: andriasang

GAF is posting that is Resident Evil Code: Veronica and 4. If that's true, day 1 for Resident Evil 4 in my PS3... with Move.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 10:42:13 PM »

I never played 4. It came out in my exile from gaming

1,2 and 3 were some of the best times I had on PSX.

If they are bringing 4 in on 360 I'll be a happy littler fucker.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 02:45:49 AM »

Play 4 its amazing
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 03:22:50 AM »

Play 4 it's one of the best games ever made.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 03:57:19 AM »

i never played 4 or 5 but loved CV thanks in no small part to claire redfield. i'll probally play 5 soon just so i can find out wtf is up with jill in mvc3.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 04:22:47 AM »

Some dumb crap who cares play 4 instead
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 05:52:30 AM »

+1
Seriously man, WTF? You call yourself a gamer? Play that shit now!

I'm sucker for this franchise so I'm curious. CV and 4 were both on the PS2 though, I think it would be more interesting if they included REmake and 0 since a lot of people missed them (myself included).
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 05:55:37 AM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 06:06:14 AM »

Someone on gaf sure likes resident evil 4:

http://i29.tinypic.com/vpdo2b.jpg

This stuff blows my mind.

It's pretty much confirmed that it's CV and 4. I played through both several times, not sure if I want this.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 06:08:47 AM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 07:10:43 AM »

Resident Evil Zero is my second favorite game from the series. You should really just get a Wii someday and buy the game, I don't think that is too expensive to get a copy nowadays (I might be wrong on that one though).

I really want to see Billy Coen again, such a good character.

About REmake, I'll just say that you must play it with the lights off.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 10:38:24 AM »

Is it only me, or is anyone else getting fed up with all this 'HD Remake' business?

Sure, I'm all for people getting to play the games for the first time with a re-release being brought in-line with the current generation, but it feels like a lot more of these bundles are being released these days instead of new, original IP.

I have a real love for the Resident Evil series, but I can't see myself buying this.  A new entry into the series?  Then, yes.  It's great to see people who have never played the games so keen to jump on board though.

You have to judge these on a case by case basis and consider things like having played them before or how much the games benefit form the upgrade.
Take the Team Ico collection for example. Ico was very low res and SOTC had an almost unplayable frame-rate. You could say that these remakes will show these games how they were intended to be seen. Then on the other side of the spectrum you have the prince of persia collection which has cheap cash-in written all over it.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 11:50:52 AM »

Is it only me, or is anyone else getting fed up with all this 'HD Remake' business?

Sure, I'm all for people getting to play the games for the first time with a re-release being brought in-line with the current generation, but it feels like a lot more of these bundles are being released these days instead of new, original IP.

I have a real love for the Resident Evil series, but I can't see myself buying this.  A new entry into the series?  Then, yes.  It's great to see people who have never played the games so keen to jump on board though.

I take it on a case by case basis. On some instances I think it's great. For titles like Beyond Good and Evil, Ico, SOTC it brings the game to new people. I for one plan on getting a PS3 this year and that's mostly because of the Ico collection.

If it's a remake of a game that sold well or was some sort of success I think it's fair to look at if that studio is doing anything else. Look at the God of War Collection. I don't have the numbers but something tells me that the 1st two games were sold extremely well here. So a HD version seems like a cash in.

But since we got a GoW3 and the PSP game I think it's fair to say having that collection released didn't delay the real deal significantly.

Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 01:34:48 PM »

The GC version of RE4 looks pretty damn great in high-res:

So it would be pretty cool if this Revival thing really meant an HD release of RE4. But only if it`s based on the GC version of the game and not the PS2 and PC ones with simplified geometry and butchered lighting.

Code Veronica looks bad even in HD though. Low-poly Dreamcast graphics and all that.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 02:19:30 PM »

I've seen it run on an emulator and it does hold up very well. The PS2 version had separate ways though, that was awesome and needs to be in this.

ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 07:14:56 PM »

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 08:35:29 PM »

I must be the only one on the board who didn't like RE4.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: