Author Topic: George Hotz (geohot) VS Sony.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
Re: George Hotz (geohot) VS Sony.
« Reply #255 on: May 18, 2011, 02:03:10 PM »
I want to say something rasonable about how some people are getting really stupid about this situation. But when you see people bitching about that they are getting good games for free, you know something is wrong with this community.
I could honestly not care less about the free stuff being offered. I want the functions I mentioned earlier implemented already. If I wanted bargain bin titles from Sony, I'd go out and buy them, but I cant change the music playing during a game on my ps3, nor can I talk to someone who's not playing the game I am. These are things that matter to me. I have nothing against the games they offered, mind you, but I'm not impressed that they took games that people probably already own, and offered us them for free, nor am I impressed that they're giving us a month of a service that so far still isn't functioning for free, unless I already paid for it and then get 2 months. All their doing is giving us stuff they don't lose money on. Now if they credited everyone on PSN with 25-30 dollars, that would have been respectable, and again if they add some functions they've been fooling around on, like the 2 I mentioned, would have been nice.

Not like it matters, I'm gonna go back and play on my PS3 when it's back on again anyway.

TASTY!

Parn

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 18, 2011, 02:59:26 PM »
I want to say something rasonable about how some people are getting really stupid about this situation. But when you see people bitching about that they are getting good games for free, you know something is wrong with this community.

In most situations, you'd be right.  But this isn't a gift from Sony.  It's a bribe.  Sony let the private data of 70+ million accounts get out.  That is a literal treasure trove for malicious users.  Sony is trying to buy customer loyalty after their fuck up, and people can scoff at the bribe as much as they want.

Vanguard

• I am America, and I hate JRPGs
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 19, 2011, 09:20:57 AM »
Exactly. The games they're offering were carefully selected to get people back on the PSN and not cost Sony any money. People who treat Sony like they're the real victims here need to go see a psychologist and a fucking ophthalmologist because, last I checked, it was YOUR personal information that got stolen.
Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 19, 2011, 12:05:45 PM »
Store should be back online next Tuesday.
Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 19, 2011, 12:36:20 PM »

Who is your avatar?

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 19, 2011, 01:53:18 PM »

Who is your avatar?

People keep asking this, I gotta put it in my sig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBCo5CXPl2U&feature=related

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 19, 2011, 03:27:25 PM »
Man, I got a lot of quotes. :p

To all those quotes I just want to add that the small developers got fucked really bad with the PSN being offline. Hell, the guys at Capcom were (and still think that they are) pretty angry at this.

Are they gonna put all the stuff that was missed during the outage of the service in one massive update?

Demon_Princess_Kay

• Banninated
    • View Profile
    • My 1up page
« Reply #262 on: May 19, 2011, 03:41:03 PM »

Who is your avatar?

She's cute.

Aaanyways hooray for the store going back online next week. I've waited way too long to play Arcana Heart 3.

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 19, 2011, 04:48:32 PM »

Who is your avatar?

She's cute.

Aaanyways hooray for the store going back online next week. I've waited way too long to play Arcana Heart 3.

You're such a big Persona 4 fan, don't tell me you didn't know Shihoko Hirata, the live dvds are mandatory for any fan of the game.

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 19, 2011, 04:49:45 PM »

Are they gonna put all the stuff that was missed during the outage of the service in one massive update?

No, there will be several updates to gradually catch up with everything that was released during the downtime.

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 19, 2011, 04:53:22 PM »
No, there will be several updates to gradually catch up with everything that was released during the downtime.

Ah nice, good to know. Thanks.

Demon_Princess_Kay

• Banninated
    • View Profile
    • My 1up page
« Reply #266 on: May 19, 2011, 04:54:09 PM »

Who is your avatar?

She's cute.

You're such a big Persona 4 fan, don't tell me you didn't know Shihoko Hirata, the live dvds are mandatory for any fan of the game.

I've seen a few of them on Youtube, but I don't have the DVDs, and yes I know who she is, I just said she was cute cause she is.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 20, 2011, 08:48:20 AM »
Damn I was hoping this debacle would force some PS3 sales so I can finally get a damn ps3

Actually, I'd say wait a month more. Maybe they'll announce some around E3.

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 24, 2011, 10:43:54 AM »
The store wont be back today afterall. Dirt 3 was released today and it requires you to redeem a pass from the store so if you're getting the PS3 version forget about multiplayer. End of the month is what they're saying now. I wish my favorite sony studios would become independent so their games could appear on other systems because I think I'm done with sony.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 24, 2011, 12:07:47 PM »
I heard the store is gonna be sometime this week, but yeah, I'm not holding my breath. Also, CDFN yeah Sony's been dropping the ball lately, but look at your other options...

Give MS money and pay for XBL meanwhile they flood you with adds and an online service that's no better/worse than the competition (assuming you don't red ring before hand)
Play all three good games on the Wii...and hope you don't finish them before the end of the week.
Play on your PC, which is actually not a terrible idea if you can afford maintaining a good PC (I can't)

Sony's fucked up real bad right now, but generally, they've been the least bullshitty of the companies, offering good games, free online, and until the last 3 weeks a solid and secure console. I'm still pissed about this whole thing.but sony's still further up on my preferred list than any of the others (not by much though).

TASTY!