Author Topic: George Hotz (geohot) VS Sony.

CDFN

• View Profile
Re: George Hotz (geohot) VS Sony.
« Reply #270 on: May 24, 2011, 12:28:03 PM »

Play on your PC, which is actually not a terrible idea if you can afford maintaining a good PC (I can't)

That's exactly what I'm doing, it was actually a fortunate coincidence that I bought a new PC around the time PSN went down. There are still a lot of great games to look forward to on the PS3 but I'd like to skip consoles after this gen, problem is, most of my favorite franchises aren't on PC.
After 3 generations where the playstation was my console of choice, the PS4 will have to be something really special and the competition really crappy for me to even consider jumping on sony's ship again.
I'll never regret buying the PS3 because for my personal tastes it is clearly the right console to own this gen, it's not even close, but right now I would really like to be able to play these games on another system owned by a company that is actually trustworthy. I hope the consequences of this epic fuck up continue to hit them hard for years to come.
Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.

Sagacious-T

• Official Pony Thread
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 24, 2011, 01:21:42 PM »
I think I spent $120 on my PC in the last 3 years lol

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 25, 2011, 12:23:10 PM »
Sony Ericsson Canada breached today
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2385885,00.asp

Sony Music Japan breached yesterday
http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-20065816-245.html

Sony's servers are like the town hoe, everyone's penetrating easily.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 01:39:11 PM by Annubis »

Yggdrasil

• Loathed by Six Heretics
  • Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 25, 2011, 02:08:29 PM »
Shit is going down. What's next? Sony hacked at E3?

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 26, 2011, 09:04:51 PM »
This just seems like hackers playing a game at this point. Kind of like a fight in the schoolyard, your disappointed when it ends.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 26, 2011, 09:21:37 PM »
Well, it seems people are challenging the idea of "is it possible for the people to bring down a corporation".

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 27, 2011, 03:38:42 PM »

The Witcher 2 made your computer its bitch though, didn't it?

... Which is still better than in 2000 when waiting that long meant not playing Deus Ex period.

Demon_Princess_Kay

• Banninated
    • View Profile
    • My 1up page
« Reply #277 on: May 27, 2011, 03:41:07 PM »
Well, it seems people are challenging the idea of "is it possible for the people to bring down a corporation".

Fuck that shit. I just want the store back up so this card i bought can be more than just a fucking 20 dollar coaster.

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 27, 2011, 06:33:55 PM »

The Witcher 2 made your computer its bitch though, didn't it?

... Which is still better than in 2000 when waiting that long meant not playing Deus Ex period.

They will have to butcher the game to bring it to consoles though. They're probably aiming at medium settings at 720p30fps and even that will be a challenge. I can already see the frame-rate analysis videos showing drops to 16 fps or worse.

Expect more downtime for maintenance next week. Thank God I have the witcher 2 to keep me busy. PSN better be flawless when the uncharted 3 beta starts, but with the record setting level of incompetence we've been seeing nothing can surprise me anymore.
Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 30, 2011, 01:52:28 PM »

Yggdrasil

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 30, 2011, 03:15:18 PM »
My brain is tired of reading bullshit, can someone explain to me their reasons to hack whatever their are going to hack now.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 30, 2011, 03:21:42 PM »
It's always been for the lulz

Serene Prophet

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 30, 2011, 07:08:28 PM »
So as much as we all may despise Sony for their horrible security measures.  And despite the fact that I doubt this little group of l33t hackerz can really "end" Sony, do they not realize that Sony employes how many hundreds of thousands of people across the globe, who are not responsible in the least for this?  And if they were to "end" Sony, they would be fucking up the lives of every one of these people?  And the whole PBS thing is a bit shocking...people are always worried about the Government censoring media..but now we have to worry about some whiny people with a particular grudge going and screwing with it?  That bodes ill in my opinion.  Now if this were some...government cover up they were trying to expose, maybe I could understand it.  But just because they dont agree with the view PBS took on the article, they are just gonna do what they please?  Thats not right in the slightest.  I apologize if I am going to off topic, this just really bugs me.  As dumb as I feel the original hack was, it did help show how weak Sony was with their security, and hopefully convinced other businesses in other industries to say "Holy shit maybe we should double check to make sure we dont suffer the same fate."  But now its getting out of hand, and completely irresponsible.  (And to be clear I still think the hackers from the Sony thing are douchebags, since they stole the info and then tried to sell it and abuse it, but I think it was good in the fact that it showed how vulnerable and poorly done the security was)
-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-

Yggdrasil

• Banninated
    • View Profile

Ashton

• Lawful Asshole
    • View Profile
    • Leyviur.net
« Reply #284 on: May 30, 2011, 11:04:51 PM »
PSN Hong Kong still isn't back up yet, and since I have to route through there I still can't access anything.