Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 12:23:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327543 Posts in 13410 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  George Hotz (geohot) VS Sony.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23 Print
Author Topic: George Hotz (geohot) VS Sony.  (Read 20848 times)
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #165 on: April 28, 2011, 08:43:41 AM »

No email here either and I added funds no less than about a month and a half ago. :-\

They already said that funds, trophies and everything else will be exactly as they were. I haven't received an e-mail either though.

Pft, my online wallet is empty and I could care less about trophies. XD What I was referring to was this little snippet from their FAQ thing.

"Q: What if I don’t know which credit card I’ve got attached to my PlayStation Network account?
 A: If you’ve added funds to your PlayStation Network wallet in the past, you should have received a confirmation email from “DoNotReply@ac.playstation.net” at the email address associated with your account. "

Whoever wrote that FAQ is lying through their teeth.
It seems to vary. Some people get it, some people don't. I get my confirmations a day after the transaction. The few times I bought stuff of PSN, I mean.

I get e-mails for everything that involve actual dollars from PSN.  The moment it happens.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: April 28, 2011, 08:47:02 AM »

No email here either and I added funds no less than about a month and a half ago. :-\

They already said that funds, trophies and everything else will be exactly as they were. I haven't received an e-mail either though.

Pft, my online wallet is empty and I could care less about trophies. XD What I was referring to was this little snippet from their FAQ thing.

"Q: What if I don’t know which credit card I’ve got attached to my PlayStation Network account?
 A: If you’ve added funds to your PlayStation Network wallet in the past, you should have received a confirmation email from “DoNotReply@ac.playstation.net” at the email address associated with your account. "

Oh, sorry, I thought you were worried that someone messed with the funds in your psn wallet.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: April 28, 2011, 08:54:43 AM »

It seems to vary. Some people get it, some people don't. I get my confirmations a day after the transaction. The few times I bought stuff of PSN, I mean.

*facepalms* Actually in this case it's more of me being an idiot who forgets not to trust my reading skills first thing in the morning. I initially interpreted that part I snipped as saying "If you added funds to your PSN in the past you should've received the email we've been supposedly sending out about this incursion." But upon actually doing more than a skim I realize that's not what it says. ...I need coffee.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: April 28, 2011, 01:41:22 PM »

I still can't understand why people are worried about personal information being found. Real name and address will get you nothing, since most of the time (90% or better I'd say) you can easily obtain most of that information online without much trouble. Granted, I rather not give it away freely (or have it taken without my consent), it's not like there is enough info there to really compromise my identity. The CC info however, is what REALLY pisses me off. If they have that credit card number, it's all to easy to fake your way through a purchase. Sweet talk the person you're talking to and you can get almost anywhere.

TASTY!
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: April 28, 2011, 05:48:31 PM »

Should have my new check card here tomorrow.  If you aren't being pro-active about dealing with your card info and reporting it as compromised, you really should.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: April 28, 2011, 07:07:29 PM »

At my work, we have hardware keys that need to be inserted into printer ports (as well as USB keys) in order for the software to run.

It is my understanding that the early PS3 piracy required such a hardware key.  So my question is, why aren't individual PS3's made out to be hardware keys for your PSN account?  Do people really have practical reasons to log into their account from another PS3?  I realize PSN is shared with the PSP, but bear with me.

Actually, maybe I'm all wrong, since it's via the internet, it's still a stream of data sent as verification.

Bah.  mental masturbation, at any rate.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 28, 2011, 07:11:42 PM »

So my question is, why aren't individual PS3's made out to be hardware keys for your PSN account?  Do people really have practical reasons to log into their account from another PS3?

Yellow Light of Death. Hell, any system hardware failure shows what that's a terrible, terrible idea as the only* solution. Especially given how Sony apparently lacks the measures Nintendo has to transfer data around if necessary.

*Using it in combination with regular account logging in, ala Steam, isn't a bad idea though. Email verification before an account can be used from another PS3 and whatnot, plus it might annoy game sharers some.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: April 29, 2011, 12:30:08 AM »

Q&A #2 for PlayStation Network and Qriocity Services

Q: Will there be a goodwill gesture for the time we haven’t been able to utilize PSN/Qriocity?

A: We are currently evaluating ways to show appreciation for your extraordinary patience as we work to get these services back online.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 29, 2011, 01:35:53 AM »

GeoHot's Two Cents

To start, I sure am glad I don't have a PSN account about now. And, as a onetime victim of identity theft, I feel for everyone who's data has been stolen. I'm not going to make cracks at Sony for flipping a shit when /their/ data is compromised, and not even having the decency to apologize when it's your data that's misappropriated.

And to anyone who thinks I was involved in any way with this, I'm not crazy, and would prefer to not have the FBI knocking on my door. Running homebrew and exploring security on your devices is cool, hacking into someone elses server and stealing databases of user info is not cool. You make the hacking community look bad, even if it is aimed at douches like Sony.

One of the things I was contemplating back in early January was a PSN alternative, a place for jailbroken consoles to download homebrew and game without messing up anyone else's experience. Unfortunately events led me off of that path, but gamers, if I had succeeded you would have a place to game online with your PS3 right now. I'm one of the good guys. I used to play games online on PC, I hated cheaters then and I hate them now.

(the whole thing is too long, look at the blog post for the rest. :P)

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: April 29, 2011, 01:44:05 AM »

Haha interesting response to say the least, I like this line he places himself on the middle of.  Kinda interesting to hear the sort repose of a "fellow" hacker.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: April 29, 2011, 03:53:20 AM »

Anyone think sony can actually offer something to make up for the massive headaches people will be suffering from going over their bank statements with a fine tooth comb for the next few months?

Yeah, me neither.

TASTY!
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: April 29, 2011, 05:43:32 AM »

They could do a firmware update that's actually useful rather then coming across as if they haven't a clue what the gamers want.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: April 29, 2011, 05:47:33 AM »

Just got an e-mail from sony.

We believe that an unauthorized person obtained the following of your personal data: address, e-mail, birthday, password, security answer and PSN ID. It is also possible that your CC data (number and expiry date but not the CCV) have been compromised.

How are people supposed to react to this? Everyone should just sue their asses and get a compensation.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: April 29, 2011, 06:05:49 AM »

Just got an e-mail from sony.

We believe that an unauthorized person obtained the following of your personal data: address, e-mail, birthday, password, security answer and PSN ID. It is also possible that your CC data (number and expiry date but not the CCV) have been compromised.

How are people supposed to react to this? Everyone should just sue their asses and get a compensation.

Man that's rough, sorry to hear you got this. I've had several emails to my U.S account, but none to my Australian account. No idea what sony's going to do,,,,,,
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: April 29, 2011, 07:29:01 AM »

This is just a generic e-mail they send to everyone, I never used my CC. Every e-mail associated to a PSN account should be getting the exact same thing.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: