Author Topic: Whats the haps?

Tomara and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Tomara

• View Profile
Re: Whats the haps?
« Reply #19875 on: Yesterday at 02:25:44 PM »
Please, do everything you can to not become a bumbling dad!

Apparently, some people get different amounts of wisdom teeth. My brother in law never got any. Lucky bastard. I had my fantastic four taken out at one time, so they knocked me out for it.

Yep. There's no guarantee your wisdom teeth will actually pop up. In my case it was like:

Age 18: Looks like's there is nothing there. They might emerge, but it's starting to become unlikely.

Age 21: No activity, but we'll keep an eye on it. Looks like you're pretty lucky!

Age 25: You have nothing worry about. The chance of wisdom teeth emerging at this age is very, very small.

Age 30: Here's a referal to a dental surgeon.

They figure the other ones will stay where they are, embedded in bone. But hey, life's a lottery!

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19876 on: Yesterday at 02:31:12 PM »
So, am I the only one who has all 4 of his wisdom teeth still in?
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19877 on: Yesterday at 03:48:23 PM »
Awh, happy wedding day Rucks <3 I wish you a lifetime of happiness. And less clogged toilets.

Penguin Boss Patrolling The Forums.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #19878 on: Yesterday at 04:59:13 PM »
Wedding was awesome. We had it in our backyard.  Which seemed like a great idea until someone clogged both of our toilets and it turned into a literal shit show.

"Those memories that will last a lifetime"

Better a brown wedding than a red wedding ;)

Missing 2 on the top. There just wasn't enough room for them.
Initially they thought all 4 wouldn't have the room to grow but the 2 on the bottom somehow managed to come out cleanly.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 05:01:31 PM by Annubis »

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #19879 on: Yesterday at 05:20:07 PM »
I had all four of mine removed when I was 14 or something like that. Two of them were coming in straight, but they wanted to remove them as well to keep my top and bottom teeth even. While they were at it, they removed four other teeth because I had braces at the time because of overcrowding. Apparently I have a small mouth and thus have 8 less teeth than you?

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19880 on: Yesterday at 05:32:48 PM »
Wedding was awesome. We had it in our backyard.  Which seemed like a great idea until someone clogged both of our toilets and it turned into a literal shit show.

"Those memories that will last a lifetime"

Better a brown wedding than a red wedding ;)

ok this made me laugh

Dincrest

• Foot-in-Mouth disease
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Overuser of analogies, similes, and metaphors
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #19881 on: Yesterday at 06:18:57 PM »
@Arvis - I too still have all of my wisdom teeth.  Of course that begs the question: If I still have all my "wisdom" teeth, then why am I still a freaking moron?

@Rucks - I think somewhere there is an old saying that if rain (or something else disastrous) happens at a wedding, then that means the marriage will be strong and last.  And though it seems logical to rent some port-o-pottys for a backyard wedding, it's impossible to do that without it looking kinda trashy, especially since a wedding is supposed to be a classy event.   And kudos for your wedding cake being carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.  I almost never hear of wedding cakes being that. 
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:21:10 PM by Dincrest »
"I think I'm losing it.  I'm pulling out my hair trying to figure out what couch defines me as a person.  This is freaking madness.  This is hopeless.  This... my perfect little habitat here, and I still don't even know who I am."  - from Dow Jones and the Temple of Doom by Burnt By The Sun

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19882 on: Today at 10:13:23 AM »
I had all four of mine removed when I was 14 or something like that. Two of them were coming in straight, but they wanted to remove them as well to keep my top and bottom teeth even. While they were at it, they removed four other teeth because I had braces at the time because of overcrowding. Apparently I have a small mouth and thus have 8 less teeth than you?

I feel weird having 8 more teeth than someone else my age.
TBF, a guy in my office has no teeth at all.  His are false, and he's about my age, too.  No idea how that happened.

@Dincrest - I wonder that same thing (about myself) all the time!
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons