Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 11:33:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327221 Posts in 13398 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Shadow Heart: From the New World
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Shadow Heart: From the New World  (Read 31004 times)
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2006, 03:09:14 PM »

yahoo! I picked the game up! :D

The intro is insanely amazing. I really love the main character so far.

But only 1 DVD instead of 2?
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2006, 03:20:22 PM »

Quote from: "blackthirteen"
But only 1 DVD instead of 2?
 The game's fairly short compared to SH:C.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Thanatos01s2
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2006, 03:30:56 PM »

Quote from: "Dios GX"
Quote from: "Thanatos01s2"
Lets just leave this ridiculous argument alone and end it here.

I believe what you are trying to say is "I can't think of anything to back up what I said so let's drop it."

Whatever's cool with you.

No, that's not the reason.

No one on this board who is not one of you elitists, can fairly argue a different point of view.  ( I thought you would have noticed this based on the katrina discussion you lost.(even though I was on your side of the argument))  I am outnumbered highly so it is pointless to keep up an argument in which you cannot sway a person.  That is the purpose of an argument, so rather then waste my time with you guys, I will do something consructive.  All of you have one similar opinion and you guys won't change. So why try?  

I still think an 8 is a bullshit score for her reasoning.

But I am going to go and get this game right now, I preordered it 2 months ago, and yes I am a fanboy.

I'll probably be banned in 3...2...1...

Sayonara retaado-chan. ^________^
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2006, 04:28:10 PM »

Then I want to know what you consider worthy of an 8. That's a very good score, and to me is fitting for games that're really good but either aren't very ground breaking, or are short of being /amazingly/ well done. And to me, that seemed to be perfectly good reasoning for giving the score it did.

Plus I don't care whether you're a fanboy of Shadow Hearts or not; some of the most respected people here are. I care about whether you're being an ass about it; calling a reviewer stupid or a 'dumb bitch' rather than simply disagreeing is a good example of being an ass.

More on topic though, IGN gave a review of the game and mentioned boring, linear dungeons and that the story pacing sucks. Bleh. :P
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2006, 04:32:04 PM »

I didn't find the dungeons that great in the other two SH, so I guess they need a new level designer :p
SH:C dungeons were very maze like, with many paths and dead ends, very "old school". SH didn't really have a lot of big dungeons, but I felt they were better designed.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2006, 04:33:54 PM »

Quote from: "daschrier"
I didn't find the dungeons that great in the other two SH, so I guess they need a new level designer :p
SH:C dungeons were very maze like, with many paths and dead ends, very "old school". SH didn't really have a lot of big dungeons, but I felt they were better designed.

Agreed entirely. SH1 didn't have some amazing layouts, but they were entertaining enough to run around in, unlike SH:C's. :P
Thanatos01s2
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2006, 04:34:08 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"

Then I want to know what you consider worthy of an 8. That's a very good score, and to me is fitting for games that're really good but either aren't very ground breaking, or are short of being /amazingly/ well done. And to me, that seemed to be perfectly good reasoning for giving the score it did.

Plus I don't care whether you're a fanboy of Shadow Hearts or not; some of the most respected people here are. I care about whether you're being an ass about it; calling a reviewer stupid or a 'dumb bitch' rather than simply disagreeing is a good example of being an ass.

More on topic though, IGN gave a review of the game and mentioned boring, linear dungeons and that the story pacing sucks. Bleh. :P

If I gave an 8 to something than I would give a reason, not just a quarter of a page review on how the cast isn't as good as the old one.

That was the only complaint I saw, that and the fact that it did not take place in Euro-asia.  That was the whole review, it was jsut poorly done.  

Another reason I was so furious was they give a 4 page review on madden NFL (old issue) and a one page (quarter page of text) review for SH.  THey used to be such a good magazine but I am done with them, I think that was my last issue I am every getting.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2006, 04:39:12 PM »

If I gave an 8 to something than I would give a reason, not just a quarter of a page review on how the cast isn't as good as the old one.

For an RPG where the story/cast are important, that would be very significant to what the score is. Plus sometimes there just isn't a very good reason: Phoenix Wright is great and doesn't really do anything wrong, yet I'd only give it an 8, and the same for Ys VI. Maybe she felt the same way.

As for SH:C's 10 to SH3's 8: May not be the same reviewer, or that things weren't mixed up enough to warrant keeping it a 10.

Edit: And again with editing right before I post. No, she was not complaining about the setting, she was noting how the setting was different. Different =! Worse /or/ better. Just different.
Lilim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2006, 04:56:54 PM »

I picked mine up at lunch. I keep staring at it as it lays on my desk, beckoning me to play it.

Now the day feels much longer than it should. :|
Thanatos01s2
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2006, 05:01:13 PM »

Quote from: "Lilim"
I picked mine up at lunch. I keep staring at it as it lays on my desk, beckoning me to play it.

Now the day feels much longer than it should. :|

I feel for ya, I am going on vacation and I can't play it for the next week.  I am very dissapointed.  But I watched the opening video, is was pretty sweet.

Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2006, 05:15:25 PM »

No one on this board who is not one of you elitists, can fairly argue a different point of view.

Of course... because you have to be in a different "internet clique" to have a different opinion than someone else. What the heck are you trying to say?

I thought you would have noticed this based on the katrina discussion you lost.

Yeah, I "lost the internet discussion".

Are you for real?
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2006, 06:47:32 PM »

FANBOY BULLSHIT BLAH BLAH

It's a magazine review. Get the fuck over it.

You don't see me blasting EGM for giving Suikoden II an 8.0 because the characters couldn't move diagonally and devoting only one fourth of a page to it, and I'm possibly the biggest Suikowhore on the site.

You just have the intelligence quotient of a mentally retarded hermit crab.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2006, 08:48:24 PM »

Thanatos: I'd consider reading posts fully.  A quarter page is all you get, sometimes, when it comes to print.  If the title is not a large mainstream title, Often you only get two paragraphs to describe the game.  That's not the fault of the reviewer, but a fault of print as a whole.  Because bytes of data are far less inexpensive than pages of paper, the reviews on the internet tend to be far more detailed.

Shadow Hearts will likely sell less than 100,000 copies in America, whereas the newest iteration of Madden will sell more than 4 million.  Which do you cater to, the four million or the one hundred thousand?  Are you so daft that you don't see the difference?

-John

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Thanatos01s2
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2006, 09:07:57 PM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"

Shadow Hearts will likely sell less than 100,000 copies in America, whereas the newest iteration of Madden will sell more than 4 million.  Which do you cater to, the four million or the one hundred thousand?  Are you so daft that you don't see the difference?

-John

I see this problem and that is why I was so furious with this review.  The lady said,  "We love this game here" or something along those lines, and they used to be so good at reviewing rpgs. Now the entire magazine is just ads and reviews of sports games, I feel as though PSM is nothing more than a bunch of sell outs.  

I guess that my anger was misplaced, I was pissed at the magazine more than the reviewer, she was just the "straw that broke the camel's back".  But I agree I was furious and out of place when I wrote my post. 8 is not a bad review, I was just pissed about her lack of excuses.

Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2006, 10:45:56 PM »

I haven't had a chance to play this yet, but I do find it interesting that, according to the manual, the voice cast is from New York instead of LA like Wild Arms 4.  It's good to see that XSeed is trying out different voice acting pools instead of just staying with one like so many other companies do.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: