Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 08:19:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331879 Posts in 13590 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Shadow Heart: From the New World
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Shadow Heart: From the New World  (Read 32092 times)
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2006, 12:56:47 AM »

I am almost positive the voice actor for Lenny is the same. This makes me squee in joy.

I've only played an hour of it, but already it's nifty. More later when I actually get time to sit and play it.

Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2006, 01:31:28 AM »

Either they're the same, or a pair of very good sound-a-likes:  Todd hodges voices Lenny in Shadow Hearts: Covenant, while Scottie Ray voices him in From the New World. Both of these names are from their respective game manuals.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2006, 05:40:08 AM »

What a pain, I have a huge commission to finish during the week, and I'm really gripped by the game! It will be hard to balance my time :P
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2006, 09:17:06 PM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"

She mentioned nothing about Yuri in the review, but did mention how the new cast wasn't as strong as the old cast, which is a completely valid complaint.  I don't believe the cast is nearly as strong as Covenant's.  I disliked Johnny, didn't think much of anything of Natan, thought Mao was useless and flat out didn't care about anyone but Frank, and even he wasn't that great.  While XSEED's translation is top-notch, I never once felt attached to the characters.

Hereís my early comment as a fan-boy.

Now that I'm pretty advanced in the game, I must admit that the new cast is awfully poor. Iím very deceived with this aspect.

Half of the characters are cheesy and non-sense, and sadly sometime the game focus more on them than the serious characters. Shadow Hearts is becoming a comical genre rather than a solemn game (which was the strong point of the series, and itís being slowly destroyed).

I hate the talking cat - Master Mao. The same for Ol-Frank. Heís always there to make stupid jokes when the events are supposed to be somber. Itís ruining everything. Itís okay to have funny characters, but only when theyíre not over-abused in the script.

The soundtrack isnít getting better in the series too. Sometime I almost have the impression Iím playing with Banjo KazooieÖ for god's sake, it's SHADOW HEARTS.

Except these details the game is great though. But yeah it merit no more than 8/10, and even as a fan-boy I can admit that.
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2006, 10:24:51 PM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"
and I'm possibly the biggest Suikowhore on the site.

That's debatable.

daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2006, 11:31:00 PM »

Quote from: "blackthirteen"
Quote from: "KeeperX"

She mentioned nothing about Yuri in the review, but did mention how the new cast wasn't as strong as the old cast, which is a completely valid complaint.  I don't believe the cast is nearly as strong as Covenant's.  I disliked Johnny, didn't think much of anything of Natan, thought Mao was useless and flat out didn't care about anyone but Frank, and even he wasn't that great.  While XSEED's translation is top-notch, I never once felt attached to the characters.

Hereís my early comment as a fan-boy.

Now that I'm pretty advanced in the game, I must admit that the new cast is awfully poor. Iím very deceived with this aspect.

Half of the characters are cheesy and non-sense, and sadly sometime the game focus more on them than the serious characters. Shadow Hearts is becoming a comical genre rather than a solemn game (which was the strong point of the series, and itís being slowly destroyed).

I hate the talking cat - Master Mao. The same for Ol-Frank. Heís always there to make stupid jokes when the events are supposed to be somber. Itís ruining everything. Itís okay to have funny characters, but only when theyíre not over-abused in the script.

The soundtrack isnít getting better in the series too. Sometime I almost have the impression Iím playing with Banjo KazooieÖ for god's sake, it's SHADOW HEARTS.

Except these details the game is great though. But yeah it merit no more than 8/10, and even as a fan-boy I can admit that.

I'm not surprised by this really. You could see the progression from the first to 2nd game, becoming more comical, more sexual innuendo etc.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2006, 11:47:20 PM »

Quote from: "Marshmallow"

That's debatable.

DO NOT CHALLENGE ME

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2006, 12:14:57 AM »

That's debatable.

DO NOT CHALLENGE ME

I feel ive became the biggest one of them all these days :P

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2006, 06:09:22 AM »

Wow, now here's a score worth complaining about. Though, while the score's pretty low, the review doesn't really come off as very negative, yet manages to give strong reasoning for why it deserved the score it got.

Edit: Note that I don't consider the reviewer an idiot or whatever for giving it a low score; I'm just noting that it's a lot closer to a legitimate complaint than what Captain Moron was doing earlier. :P
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2006, 07:31:27 AM »

The first 4 hours of Shadow Heart: FtNW was simply extraordinary, flawless.

But then, it started to become a succession of cheezy humor as soon as Ol-Frank, Mao and Hilda joined the party... And unfortunatelly their presence is strong...

I'm just 7 hours deep in the game and I'm hoping against hope it will come back to a solemn mood and stay to it...

I would like to see more interaction from Johnny, Shania, Natan and Ricardo, and I would like Ol-Frank, Master Mao and Hilda to stop interacting in the storyline in an exagerated way... because they can't add anything serious in the storyline.
Skulldead

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2006, 12:57:22 PM »

Yeah i just beat the second boss, frank is such a looser!! I really don't like him... Its better to become more interresting for the caracter....
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2006, 07:19:28 PM »

blackthirteen,

That's exactly what makes me not interested in the new SH game. If not for this aspect, I would had enjoyed Covenant a big deal more; this and the fact it was so annoyingly easy. It seems they fixed the later complaint, but I am not too sure I can stand the early flaw. If there was not other games to be played, but there are many which I want to play eventually.
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2006, 07:22:23 PM »

Quote from: "TurnBasedDude"

That's debatable.

DO NOT CHALLENGE ME

Nope. If it's anyone it's either me or Ash.

That said . . . it's me. Ash fails.

Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2006, 11:16:40 PM »

Frank is the fucking man. End of story. :P

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2006, 12:00:46 AM »

Quote from: "TurnBasedDude"

That's debatable.

DO NOT CHALLENGE ME

Nope. If it's anyone it's either me or Ash.

That said . . . it's me. Ash fails.

No. You're the king. I'm the supreme kaiser emperor with an iron fist.

I win.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: