Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 09:41:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319735 Posts in 13047 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Shadow Heart: From the New World
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: Shadow Heart: From the New World  (Read 30168 times)
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 04, 2006, 10:48:12 AM »

Shadow Heart 3 is going to be released in 3 days. I'm excited! Who's going to buy the game?

RPGfan's review written by Patrick is very convincing. It's definitely a game I don't want to miss.
Thanatos01s2
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 10:57:33 AM »

I will definately be buying Shadow Hearts From THE (Not A) New World.  I absolutely love this series.  I am going to piss myself from excitement when I pick up this game...yup

I'll probably be banned in 3...2...1...

Sayonara retaado-chan. ^________^
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 10:59:37 AM »

Already got it preordered and paid for since a long time back. As Shadow Hearts: Covenant is one of my favourite RPGs of recent years, I'm well excited about From The New World. I really hope that it can live up to my high expectations, and from the reviews I've read it seems like it will.
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 11:02:47 AM »

I wonder if Shadow Heart: From THE New World will be connected with the two previous episodes.

In Shadow Hearts 1 they talked about a scientist/doctor leading strange experiments in New York.

Yes it is my favorite series as well.
Morridor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 01:22:31 PM »

I have way too many other games to play before I play this one; however, I really love XSEED and want to support them.  I'm probably going to buy the game just to support them so that their company grows.  I would buy this game anyway because I loved the first three games in the series, but I would have waited on picking this one up if it wasn't for XSEED.

Danny

Yeah, this signature was way too spammy.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 02:16:43 PM »

Quote from: "blackthirteen"
I wonder if Shadow Heart: From THE New World will be connected with the two previous episodes.

In Shadow Hearts 1 they talked about a scientist/doctor leading strange experiments in New York.

I don't remember that, but I do remember Roger Bacon and other characters referring to the events in Koudelka.

IIRC the events of From the New World take place after the stock market crash in 1929 and that several characters are going to make a cameo.

What I want to know is if the pink bat will appear in this game. Can't have a Shadow Hearts without a member of our favorite vampire family, now can we?
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 02:25:02 PM »

Pink Bat Spoiler

Code:
Not only is she there - she's a playable character.

-John

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Thanatos01s2
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 03:24:41 PM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
Pink Bat Spoiler

Code:
Not only is she there - she's a playable character.

-John

Yes that is awesome, I am excited to see how a female
Code:
Valentine
acts.

Dyne

CronoDyne CronoDyne
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2006, 03:26:51 PM »

...*sigh*

You know, I would be excited with the game, but I am not.  I was a fan of Koudelka, and of course when Shadow Hearts came out I picked it up right away.  Not a direct sequel to Koudelka, but I loved the connection between the two.

I picked up Shadow Hearts: Covenant thinking I would have the same experience I had with the first one.  No dice.  I don't know why, but I pretty much hated the game.  I just couldn't get into it.

Maybe one day I will replay it and like it.  If that happens, I will get Shadow Hearts 3.

Currently Playing:

PS2
- Tales of Legendia
- Grandia III

PSP
- Tales of Eternia

Waiting for...
- Kingdom Hearts II
- Suikoden V
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2006, 04:20:36 PM »

As Shadow Hearts is one of the few RPG series' I really care about, I had it pre-ordered for awhile already. I can't wait to get my hands on it. <3

blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2006, 04:54:53 PM »

Quote from: "Dyne"
...*sigh*

You know, I would be excited with the game, but I am not.  I was a fan of Koudelka, and of course when Shadow Hearts came out I picked it up right away.  Not a direct sequel to Koudelka, but I loved the connection between the two.

I picked up Shadow Hearts: Covenant thinking I would have the same experience I had with the first one.  No dice.  I don't know why, but I pretty much hated the game.  I just couldn't get into it.

Maybe one day I will replay it and like it.  If that happens, I will get Shadow Hearts 3.

Yeah the creepy atmosphere from Shadow Hearts 1 isn't anymore in Shadow Hearts 2, but the story is a very good complement and complete very much the first episode. But itís always a question of taste of course.
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2006, 05:26:21 PM »

Not me. I would really like the series without all the stupid humour. I can't stand things like Joachin, and I heard this one has the same kind of stuff, so I will pass it. At least till I play a LOT of other games ahead of it.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2006, 05:32:54 PM »

I'm still nowhere near finishing Covenant.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2006, 05:58:42 PM »

I've been anticipating this sucker since the day I heard of it.
This is easily my most anticipated game of this year, thus far.

Although, I proably won't get to start it for a while. Tales of Legendia and Grandia III (once I get it) will keep me busy for a while.
Thanatos01s2
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2006, 08:21:02 PM »

Quote from: "Bogatyr"
Not me. I would really like the series without all the stupid humour. I can't stand things like Joachin, and I heard this one has the same kind of stuff, so I will pass it.

Yeah well I like people who can spell and make coherent sentences, but we can't all have what we want, now can we.

Also I forgot to mention that I too have had this game pre-ordered for about 2 months.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: